In Another World With My Smartphone

New isekai anime announced in 4 days.
twitter.com/HJ_novels/status/842649536191315968
>Touya Mochizuki was accidentally killed, and as an apology, God allows him to be reborn in a fantasy world and will grant him any one wish he desires. And so, Touya chooses to keep his smartphone in the next world. In his second chance at life, he befriends many important figures and comes across the world's secret. He inherits the legacy of an ancient civilization and travels around nonchalantly while possessing powers that rival this world's kings.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YhPMvwsINdE&list=PLkZaKK1PRpka9hycxzUZrqVUcNOT1csbv
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why

Isekai is god.

The age of Isekai is now. Isekai will never stop.

>dies and reborn in a fantasy world
First KonoSuba then Reddit:Zero, this is worse than the gaming worlds.

Something really ticks me off.
It seems that the smartphone is just a gimmick to not make it just another isekai where a super OP MC is taking a tour of this world while being exactly that.

>Another World

I think this one would make a good anime. It's a fun read.

Please stop making these shitty braindead series. This genre is pure cancer and brings nothing new to the medium.

So subarashi but worse?
ok ill watch it

You know it makes sense to write isekai if you're Nip. Easy living right there.

That isn't what happened in rezero.

> will grant him any one wish he desires
>Touya chooses to keep his smartphone

>smartphone is just a gimmick
You wish. The phone is featured prominently in the beginning, after that it's like the author forgot about it only to remember it every once in a while.

Please stop making these shitty braindead posts. You are pure cancer and bring nothing new to the board.

Quick Sup Forums

Name the worst isekai series that has not yet been adapted into an anime.

>an isekai that teaches you to appreciate your modern devices

That actually sounds cool.

That slime one

From stuff I read, either Nidome no Jinsei or Mushoku Tensei.
But the competition for that title is fierce.

FINDS

death march

It sounds awful and will flop, because it is.

it has.

The one where MC turns into onsen? Or maybe that one wherr he turns into panties?Vending machine? Bear?Slime?

>keeps his goyphone
>forgets to ask for its charger

If this is not what happens then count me out.

So what's your favorite Isekai? I enjoyed kumo and ldm.

The real question is: Android or Apple?

>God apologizing for literally every slightly misfortunate death
Why is this god guy such a fucking pushover?

How does he recharge his smartphone?

how long until someone adapts Re:Monster? Someone already made a manga out of that trash. Arifureta would also be pretty bad but I honestly suspect it would be more interesting to watch then this Isekai, when I tried Smartphone it was the most generic safe bullshit around and I had to drop it from boredom, Arifureta was shit but it was a ride for a while working out how far it would go with the stupid edgelord shit.

The smartphone is godlike OP device. i doubt it has weakness such as need charging. I doubt it even has weakness at all.

Now this one actually seems interesting.
His phone does presumably still get service and everything right?

Infinite batteryArifureta has a really really good manga artist.
I suggest you pick up manga.

Maybe because I'm currently reading it, but I'm really enjoying Tate no Yuusha right now.

It runs on magic.

He can look stuff up but can't contact the real world.

His smartphone is his best wish he can get believe it or not.

Grimgar. That one about winning 4 billion yen is pretty nice too.

The best part of all those isekai is when mc is stuck alone in some dungeon or is grinding levels. It always turns to shit when this ends.

Can go on internet and all but cant post, phone,shitpost etc. Basically he can only get stuff but cant send anything

Name me an isekai that have flopped, you little bitch

I can understand why access to a smart phone would be a great help in a fantasy setting, but power equal to a king? That seems like a stretch.

What the fuck, how can I self-insert in this shit if he doesn't run out of juice in the middle of a Clash Royale match?

The first one was meant for It's not that horrible as a story. But it would make an excellent RPG.

He gets multiple OP powers, each of them can carry an isekai story on its own.

Honestly, if I could have anything to take to another fantasy world is my own personal fighter jet with unlimited ammo.

This reminds me of Spirit Migration, really enjoyed the start but as soon as it started to move away from the initial area it became meh.

Another thing that really ends up hurting these things is that there's no overarching plot, it's just arc after arc after arc until it ends.
But I guess that's the writing quality you can expect from web novels, not that light novels are that much better there for the most part.

An entire genre for the sake of people who want to kill themselves but are too scared to do so. What ingenious marketing.

I only know of this because Steiner's the dude translating the LN oficially (Gotta earn money somehow)

Need more yuri isekai. Those few translated are not enough.

Wait is this getting an adaptation?
I was only reading it because Reading Steiner is translating it

I can't.

>Another thing that really ends up hurting these things is that there's no overarching plot, it's just arc after arc after arc until it ends.
Just like real life!

Pottery.

Iseka OPness is far far different in level than typical shonen OPness

king is understatement it's equal to godlike being.

>God allows him to be reborn in a fantasy world and will grant him any one wish he desires. And so, Touya chooses to keep his smartphone

>Touya chooses to keep his smartphone in the next world
>chooses his smartphone
>CHOOSES HIS SMARTPHONE
HE GETS A WISH AND HE CHOOSES HIS MOTHERFUCKING PHONE. Why the fuck does he also inherent "the legacy of an ancient civilization and travels around nonchalantly while possessing powers that rivals this world's kings"?

What the fuck is with Isekai series having ridiculously OP protagonists that don't want to do shit but have to anyway?

Is it a smart phone that turns into a set of magical armor and a mega man blaster or something?

>What the fuck is with Isekai series having ridiculously OP protagonists that don't want to do shit but have to anyway?
It's a man's romance.

That pic reminded me of the end of this vid.

youtube.com/watch?v=YhPMvwsINdE&list=PLkZaKK1PRpka9hycxzUZrqVUcNOT1csbv
Such a shame this chink isekai will most likely never get made.

>Why the fuck does he also inherent "the legacy of an ancient civilization and travels around nonchalantly while possessing powers that rivals this world's kings"?
I guess that's the internet.

Then take a seat boi

7 of the 9 MC's wives

How is he supposed to charge it?

Arifureta but it'd actually do well because muh edge and constant references

It's much stronger than that. basically his smartphone making him a gamer that can kill anything in the by pushing his smartphone. It's basically a deathnote and this is an understatement.

Remonster will likely be next year.

A man's romance is rooting for the underdog to break through impossible barriers and to punch stuff in the face, even if it doesn't have a face you will fucking punch it so god damn hard your fist sculpts a fucking face to cave in as you pulverize it with your manly passion and hot-blooded passion for JUSTICE. No one starts in the stars, you have to tear the heavens down to climb your way past them and beyond.

in the game'

There is more than one type of man's romance.

better than taking an annoying bitch with you out of spite

>No chocolate waifu
>No beastkin waifu
>No monstergirl
Wow, the disappointment that keeps on disappointing.

>gets teleported to generic fantasy world
>modern seifukus
Every time.

that one with the guy who has like 5 girls trying to have sex with him but he won't do it.

This MC seems not that abusive using his power so you can feel the adventure and the romance.

So basically No Game No Life but probably with a more whinny MC, with less stuff and no cute loli.

Don't forget to invent soy sauce, mayo, and hot springs.

He sort of have near unlimited magic, and the smartphone´s apps helps to channel it, like "select all enemies" and then "cast fireball"

Why can't we just get a nice comfy isekai were the protagonist gets a job at some mask shop working with cute girls?

I dropped this around the time the MC started fucking all the girls in a 100 mile radius.
Pretty sure there's no enough material before that unless they take it really slow and after that pretty sure they wouldn't actually do it.

Let me guess. He also teaches them the high value of japanese cuisine, onsens and the like.

This MC just seems stupidly OP from the get go.

Sounds shit.

I feel you my man.

If you're going to get a harem at least go all out.

and rice

Is that a fucking machine gun?

He sort of does that too

So he is ridiculously OP and all the girls look like shit. Is there any redeeming aspect to this?

I prefer stupid OP than shonen shit.

I've just been reading this and I swear all the iseaki I'm reading have mixed in my mind and I can't remember which was which. Isn't this the one with the twins and king's daughter? Or was it a duke or something?

Also you have to go around talking about how democracy is the greatest, even when everyone around you is an unwashed peasant that has no hint of ambition or intelligence.

looks like a grease gun

Japan just needs to learn some moderation.
It's always either of the extreme, either the MC can't do shit and has to get carried around or he's overpowered and carries everyone around.
Writing is hard I guess.

I enjoyed Kumo too, until she becomes a god at least, after that it's more about the main plot and less about Kumo powergaming the fuck out of the system.

This is a legitimately hard question. Part of Isekai is knowing you are reading power fantasy bullshit and it comes with the territory that the writing isn't going to be high standard. So you end up enjoying a series for the particular gimmick and characters.

Evil God Average was fun because of the silly one trick joke the series was based around. I enjoyed it to the end even though the first book was better then the second. When the author made a new series set in the same world about a new character, it just had nothing going for it.

Currently enjoying Tsuki ga Michibiku but I can't for the life of me point out exactly why. Maybe it's because of Mio and the reactions some people from the world have to her. I won't pretend it's a well written series but it's nice to see chapters for it when they come out.

Oh god it actually happened

Fucking nips can't write for shit. I can't believe their copy paste cookie cutter nonsense sells.

>MC doesn't die/reincarnate but finds himself in new world by other means
>world is not based on a game, there are no mother fucking skill systems
>MC doesn't even know the language to begin with
>he doesn't have any bullshit powers or knowledge above/outside his station
>there is no demon lord/etc to try to defeat
>girls do not just throw themselves at him

A more interesting isekai premise in 60 seconds of greentext. I hope this fad dies off soon.

He has his smart phone the all seeing eye.

I enjoy dungeon seeker. It is kinda edgy but I still wonder what is going on on the frontlines.

>>MC doesn't die/reincarnate but finds himself in new world by other means
>>world is not based on a game, there are no mother fucking skill systems
>>MC doesn't even know the language to begin with
That's literally Re:Zero

Chinks can make nice trailers for random stuff.
They have a somewhat fresher take on fantasy settings, but even if it does get made, it's usually trash because no writing skills whatsoever.

Digimon

The best Isekai is the one where the MC is reincarnated as a vending machine

>iFunny watermark
please leave

Its kind of comfy I guess