There is no such thing as Isekai done righ-

There is no such thing as Isekai done righ-

Other urls found in this thread:

exhentai.org/g/1040331/3cbb017ba1/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minamoto_no_Yoshitsune
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

is it really isekai if the dude isnt some NEET loser from the modern day?

Stop this shit.
Wasn't there HxH before?

This

Drifters is cool but Hirano loses points for overrepresenting the Japanese in the roster of historical figures.

yeah but literally every other writer does the exact same thing. cant dock him points for something everybody does, only can add if he does something they don't, like his unflagging commitment to being as edgy as fucking possible

>yeah but literally every other writer does the exact same thing.
Nasu didn't, and the general concept is almost the same. Also, I CAN in fact dock points from him, and everyone else.

In Nasu's case, the British are unjustifiably overrepresented. Every fucking figure in Arthurian legend is actually an uniquely important, world-changing noble who has been granted a Divine Construct by the one true God.

Not exactly that different.

>his unflagging commitment to being as edgy as fucking possible
Yes also being as cheesy and campy as possible when he's not being edgy

I'm only considering the original series for the purpose of this conversation, the dozen spinoffs have their own problems.

>Nips knows more about nippon historical figures than foreign ones
Who would have fucking guessed right?
If you were asked to do it, European figures would be prominent because it's the ones you know best.
Not even 5% on Sup Forums know who the MC and Archer are historically.

And there's a lot foreigners to be seen in the promised S2.

Not a fucking excuse when the internet is a thing. If you're gonna make a story about historical figures duking it out, don't just make half of them japanese.

>And there's a lot foreigners to be seen in the promised S2.
Funny, you posted another japanese.

Well, in the original series, Sasaki Kojirou is an ordinary human being who achieves True Magic by fucking around with a Japanese sword, and is able to rival King Arthur with Excalibur, without an NP. So there's that.

Here's the thing, Hirano is not the type to fill quotas for diversity sake.
It's all rule of cool, turns out your favorite historical figures are not cool enough for him to include them.

In HxH they never actually travel to another world. Greed Island turned out to be a private island that the game just teleports you to and everything with the card mechanics and npcs are done with the Nen of its creators.

Tate no Yuusha isn't ass.

Sure, I don't have a problem with that. I don't expect COMPLETE neutrality, but making 8 or more of the isekai'd characters japanese is going way overboard.

More like he's too lazy to try to find out interesting heroes from outside his little island, which I can certainly fault him for.

You say 8+ but, by my memory, there's only 5.

Oda Nobunaga, Yoichi, Abe no Haruakira, Toyohisa, Hijikata. Who else?

He included Butch Cassidy and Sundance, who aren't that well known outside of the States. And Gilles de Rais, who many westerners haven't heard of.

Nobunaga, Yoichi and Toyo, Abe, Hijikata, Yoichi's brother, the Pilot and the Aircraft Carrier captain.

Which is great, shows he CAN do it if he tries.

>Yoichi's brother,
only mentioned in passing, unless a new chapter got released

Christ that manga was boring, anime is probably better I bet.

He's been hanging around with Jesus since the earlier chapters. Even gave the spies a tour of the monster city.

That's Hijikata, is it not?

No? Isn't Hijikata the shinsengumi guy with the ghosts?

>a nen ability to create a new world
So there are people with highly specific abilities that allow them to become gods? Sounds retarded.

It's translated

exhentai.org/g/1040331/3cbb017ba1/

the pilot i thought was an ally pilot

>lot of foreigners in S2
yeah man that Japanese navy guy and the one who plotted to kill Oda surely are foreigners

Nope, he's a jap.
Initially friendly, then punches Scipio because he remembered Italy betrayed the axis.

Oh shit, forgot about that guy. That makes 9 japs.

I checked the manga; it's neither. It's Yoshitsune, who was not a brother of Yoichi; Yoshitsune was his lord.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minamoto_no_Yoshitsune

>he thinks Black King is Jesus
wew lad

Why do nips ship this guy and Toyo so much? I don't get it.

It's Minamoto no Yoshitsune. Not related to Nasu no Yoichi, or any of the other Drifters or Ends as far as I can tell.

Yoshitsune

>Not related to Nasu no Yoichi
Oh, he's not? The way they spoke I assumed he was, my bad.

Because Toyo fucking yoichi is too straight.

Isekai done right was done years ago.

They knew each other, that's all.

You're both wrong

>He thinks its not.

Similar age, similarly wacky. I have seen Oda/Toyo floating around though.

I'm not wrong. Ima, soko ni iru boku is isekai done great alongside Escaflowne.

>wields a Egyptian staff
how is he Jesus?

>cant dock him points for something everybody does
You should dock everybody equally for doing things that are bad.

It's a dragonfly, a (christian) symbol of immortality.

On a Gaussian distribution this does precisely nothing.

Yeah, sadly HxH already crossed that boundary