youtube.com/watch?v=NI9Sa8LpZ3g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yeah

NO!

I agree

At the very least it has the best soundtrack , although I agree with you

youtube.com/watch?v=xyxOXjZHl9U

youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM

OP here again, if anyone wanted my reasoning I just thought that after part 3 the stands kinda took something away from the series. I couldn't begin to explain what but it's what I feel. I really like the soundtrack, the best OP, best ending and the fucking pillarmen theme for a few examples. Joseph is also my favorite JoJo for many reasons.

If you're 13.

best...at what?

I mean, it's got a cool Nazi cyborg, but other than that I'm not sure it's best at anything. The protag is one of the better Jojos, but he's not the best one. The villain is above average but again, not the best one. Hamon sucks compared to stands.

It's a good part anyway, but not the best

I disagree, but Joseph is best Jojo

>Best soundtrack
>Hamon was 100% less creative but 100℅ cooler and more badass
>Joseph is Niiiiiiccccceeee

If you're an animeonly fag yeah, but the manga gets better as time goes on after part 3 sets the quality down to shit.
And Taku Iwasaki is a great composer.

13 year olds would like Jotaro for being edgy though.

>Best soundtrack
Arguable.

>Hamon was 100% less creative but 100℅ cooler and more badass

Might as well go watch Dragon Ball.

>Joseph is Niiiiiiccccceeee
Define "Niiiiiiiiiiiceeee"

And who are you quoting?

It could have been better if Caesar and Lisa Lisa weren't useless in actual fights. Also the final battle against Kars is boring.

It has the most engaging story that doesn't devolve into we have to go from x to y and fight z amount of people along the way.

Part 1 was my favorite.

I can respect that but I really am in the crowd of Jonathan being boring.

implying 13 year olds would watch JoJo and not just team fourstar shit.

On part 2, the fighting tactics were over the fucking top and ridiculous to match the overpowered aztec gods and vampires.

On part 3 , it is more how a stand find a counter measure for the enemy stand and well that's it. Having many main characters might lose some interest too. Haven't started part 4 but I feel it will be the same.

Not that I complain but I did liked part 2 the most

I liked part 2s fighting the most because it was needed to come up with complex and over the top strategies to beat the pillarmen, in terms of brute strength the pillarmen were way more powerful. Part 3 was
>Enemy: My stand is more powerful than yours Jotaro!
>Jotaro:Nope

Part 3 has shitty stands. The crusaders' stands are all about sheer force (except Joseph), which is boring. Part 4 is when Araki understood how to use stands properly, they are more creative.

This

Stands is kinda meh

Caesar was far from useless, Lisa Lisa was completely garbage though.

>23 posts
>12 IPs

I find Jotaro more boring, Jonathan had a personality.

Stands exist because hamon can only go so far without being the same shit. I agree that stands are meh though I really liked the hand to hand shit from part 1 and 2

why can't hamonfags just die

Because the Zeppeli's
Expecting less from a JoJo argument thread

Because hamon extends one's life

Not for Caesar ;)

The only reason it's liked so much is because le tricky dicky joseph. Every other aspect of BT is underwhelming at best.

Joseph is a real New York nigga.

>why would kids watch a shonen series where the intended audience is kids

Part 3 didn't suck because because the protagonists had combat stands, it sucked because all their enemies had abstract/indirect stands and 99% of the "fighting" were the heroes trying to get into a position where they can actually use their stands. It would've been so much better if the other stands were as combat-oriented as Jotaro, Abdul and Polnareff's.

>How i'm a newfag and i started jojo in 2012 : the thread

>It would've been so much better if the other stands were as combat-oriented as Jotaro, Abdul and Polnareff's.
Jotaro vs Dio was like this and I think it was boring

Part 7 is better

You're definitely in the minority there, since that was probably the most popular fight in the whole series.

Stand > hamon

Everyone agrees with this, right?

If Araki just kept on going with hamon it would've been another generic shonen shit with ki/chakra/nen/whatever

With stands cancers like tournament arc is impossible and allows creative fights to be made without resorting to pure asspulls like hamon hair attack.

I like them both, why did they have to completely abandon hamon once stands came in?

Exactly, stands have their purpose. But I personally preferred Hamon while it was the main focus.

Because there's nothing left to make you go wowzers with hamon. Stands on other hand allows Araki to be as creative as possible.

But the series has a lot of blood and violence, at least in the manga. I don't think children should be watching it. That or my parents were just a bit stricter than normal when I was growing up.

>first chapter has a dog being burned alive in a garbage incinerator
>intended for children

It is literally marketed towards shonen.

DELET THIS

My personal opinion has been that stands should stem from hamon so that hamon is still a thing just its mixed with stands.

They moved it to the seinen magazine years ago.

>literally a shounen manga
>nuh uhhh, no it's not i-it has blood!!

Young males like Jojo, it's a series intended to be watched and read by a younger audience. Japan is just different from wherever you live.

Part 1-5 is still marketed towards the shonen demographic.

Yes but that's SBR and afterwards. For the majority of it's run it's been a shonuen series.

Jotaro vs Dio was garbage. It was just asspull after asspull. It was amazing when Dio introduced the World against Polnareff but then it fell off once Araki decided Jotaro could stop time too because "muh stand is strong".

Also, the best fight scenes are always the indirect ones when Araki gets really creative. The D'arby fights, (Gamer less so except for baseball game, that was fantastic), Boingo and you could even say the Italian Chef even though it wasn't a fight

Cool stands are awesome and outshine hamon. Shitty stands (part 6 had a ton of these) that have lame powers and lead to lame fights are worse than hamon.

I have seen stands referred to as spirit hamon, so it is the natural evolution of it. If these characters were never touched by the arrow or born with stands, they possibly could have had natural hamon, similar to Joseph at the beginning of part 2

Part 6 honestly had the most underwhelming and forgettable villains with most of their designs being shitty.

I think it's strange that a lot of series take a dip in quality but then come out with something completely kick-ass.

Part 6 in general is really really ugly looking. Jojo as a series is kinda ugly, but the ripoff Kenshiro looks and anatomy fails had charm, and the fabulousnes of late part 4 and part 5 is unique.

The series always had weird looking characters, from the Pillar Men, Shigechi, Allesi, the Gangstars, execution squad, and countless others. The problem with part 6 is that the weird looking people have no charm; not the DIO assassins, not the weirdos of Morioh, or the flair of the gangstars. They look straight up ugly in part 6.

I agree. I mean jesus christ just look at this.

Yeah but the meteor stand looks fucking amazing and Made in Heaven is the GOAT stand design

The fights themselves were pretty cool but I can't even remember the villain of the meteor stand, he was pretty forgettable like many of the other minor villains. All Pucci action in general was pretty cool.

I'd say it's the most entertaining part, but in terms of objective quality, it's not the best.

This

Except for Part 7.

But Part 2 is second best!

I watched Jojo for the first time this year. I went in completely blind, only had a vague notion of gay bodybuilders playing Shaman King.
The first Jojo was great, the second Jojo was just as good. Then the third Jojo story begins with a plot hole (Dio's iron coffin was used by the first Jojo's wife to escape the burning ship and it floated somehow...How come the smugglers fished the same thing from the bottom of the sea?), introduces the Stands which are kinda interesting...and immediately becomes a slow, monster-of-the-week shonen with a lot of toilet humor and, for some reason, dead dogs. There is literally no plot apart from "let's go find the bad guy, oh no someone stands in our way! Let's beat him and move on". And this for 48 (!) episodes. I was really disappointed. The Stand part of the story has nothing in common with the Ripple part except for the name. It could have been called Magic Adventures of Johnny Fuckface and nobody would have noticed that it was related to Jojo's Bizarre Adventures.

Just because it's marketed towards the shonen crowd doesn't mean it actually catches them.
13 years old (west) will take one look at it and either go:
"eeeew that artstyle is old"
or
"eeeew too many muscles fucking gay lol"

Hey, I like it too user. The goofiness it had despite being a "horror" was very endearing.

Part 8 isn't even finished and it's already better than every non-SBR Part

Try Part 4

Enjoyment of Part 3 depends on if you like motw stuff and strategic battles. Personally not my cup of tea either, Part 4's a little better.

I agree, everything about Part 6's designs is just so fucking uninspired by Araki standards. Though admittedly Jolyne makes my dick diamonds.

>final battle against Kars
>boring
Actually one of the best fights in the whole part.

It's opening got me into the series as a whole.
youtube.com/watch?v=NI9Sa8LpZ3g

>There is literally no plot apart from "let's go find the bad guy, oh no someone stands in our way! Let's beat him and move on". And this for 48 (!) episodes. I was really disappointed.
Yeah, you're not wrong. One thing that irked me the most though was that Jotaro kind of feels like a Marty Sue. I mean said bad guy is usually some idiot that acts tough for a little while until Jotaro stops fucking around and curb-checks him instantly, the worst example of this was Wheel of Fortune. It's what I expect from a young kid's self-insert story on Deviant that'd I'd find an AE article about.

Another good example (and the one that pissed me off the most actually) was that one episode dedicated to Polnareff trying to outsmart Sethan which was interesting, humorous, and tense, but all of that was thrown out near the end where, guess fucking who, comes out of nowhere and shits on him. Funny how many consider the best segments to be the ones which include no combat or just barely have Jotaro at all. He gets better in the next part but maybe that's just the virtue of him not showing up very much and thankfully not getting involved at all during the final battle. and watching him asplode is satisfying as fuck

>Dark Blue Moon fight
>Jotaro overwhelmed and about to be beaten
>STARRR FINGER!!

fucking really Araki.

>Jotaro crushed by a road roller
>Blood puddle and everything at the bottom
>Dio gloats to himself
>Jotaro: *stops time* *teleports behind u*
>ORA ORA ORA
>pshhh... nothin personel kid...

simply epic

Jonathan is the best Jojo and you can't prove me wrong

Part 3 is the worst part. In retrospect, it's easy to tell when you notice that Araki inserted no Italian characters.

If you figure out the criterion, however, you're readily able to tell that Part 5 is the best part.

Best part in the anime and might well stay that way.
Best manga is 4=8>7

FUCK STANDS
JUST FUCK STANDS MAN
FUCK

>*gets crushed by gigantic teeth harder than diamond*
>heh.... time to go serious
>ORAORAORAORA
>fight ends

>two episode build up of the Enya fight
>phsss.... right into my trap... *inhales*
>fight ends immediately

kek

the stands in part 4 are actually good.

I really miss Hamon, I realize that it wouldve gotten stale very quickly if used much longer. But I hate to see such a cool power just kinda vanish. I miss seeing an enemy disrupt Josephs breathing and watch him use a crazy counter-counter-counter strategy.

This is a true statement

>Hamon goes full retard
>Asspull galore
>Boring MC
>Many pointless characters
>Most underwhelming villain in the series

Part 4 has the worst final fight though.

After seeing all parts of JoJo stands become better than hamon and I realized it's hard to predidct this series cause it's author is always changing the series in many ways

>Asspull galore
He's just good at getting out of tight situations *moves quick and hides magnets in sleeves* xD

How exactly

Enjoyed it about as much as I did the first half of Stardust Crusaders, but the first JoJo is special in its own right, too.
Does anyone else miss the use of the Ripple?

I honestly preferred Ripple technique over Stands. Sure, it's easy to come up with weird, ridiculous, and intriguing Stands, but the end results always seem to be one ass-pull after another, while with the Ripple was more self-evident in what its users were able to do with it, and had more to do with the actual capability of the characters rather than what particular (and sometimes painfully hyper-specialized) ability that their Stands had.

It isn't the best at anything, the other parts did things better than it
>Action
Part 5 did that the best
>Characters
4 and 7
>Antag
4,6,&7
>Jojo
6,7&8
>Setting
4&5
>Final fight
>plot
4&7
>Jobro
Every other Jobro is better than ceaser beside Kakyoin

It's hard to actually predict anything because Araki foreshadows nothing, just pulls shit out of his ass and sometimes changes fundamental stand rules.

In part 4 it made self-evident that stands are only as good as the user
The idiot gets a space erasing stand but still gets btfo
> the protag who can just heal and restore things uses the ability offensively

Part 5 crew of assassins for best villains of the week.

>The idiot gets a space erasing stand but still gets btfo
His stand is slow in-exchange for being really powerful. He still manages to pull off some good saves with it too.

>Part 3
>DIO has revived
>Jonathan Joestar has reincarnated as Jotaro Joestar
>has strange visions of a past life in 19th century England
>he can't manifest a complete stand, only a ghostly hand which protects him
>these visions get stronger and stronger as he gets closer to DIO
>his starts using strange abilities that Joseph recognizes as hamon techniques
>they finally reach DIO, WRYYY happens
>Jotaro's memories as Joseph finally come flooding back to him when he gets in contact with his original body (DIO)
>suddenly he can manifest a full Star Platinum, which is the duplicate of The World
>The World is really a corrupted Star Platinum influenced by DIO hijacking Jonathan's past body
>time paradox
>DIO realizes who Jotaro really is and absolutely freaks
>Jotaro (Jonathan) has greater time stopping abilities and destroys DIO with hamon
>their 100 year feud finally ends as Jotaro (Jonathan) holds the disintegrating DIO in his arms as the sun rises over Egypt

It would have been an improvement and Jotaro time stopping would have made more sense.

Make it a little emotional too, like Dio calling Jotaro his brother or some shit while he's wasting way.

Thank you, captain obvious

it's basically pure shonen, with no filler

The power difference between protags and the antagonists by itself made the fights enjoyable to watch, plus they weren't really fights(except Caesar vs Wammu) and had a lot more focus on outwitting literal superhumans with a very limited and lame set of tools.