Why do low-lives make such great protags?

Why do low-lives make such great protags?

Also S3 when?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IJb_oUEaw5M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Relatibility.

just read the manga. it's on part 5

>tfw caught up
now what do I do

nobody wants to root for rich assholes

>Also S3 when?
Never, same with Akagi S2.
It's not easy to adapt Fukumoto mangas. Some arcs are great to read, but they become tedious and long as fuck when animated. Check Kaiji pachinko arc.

>S3 when
Perhaps if they're still willing to work with the guy who made the OST after he's released from jail.

UNO never

Because seeing a character make actual mistakes and struggle to survive is way more interesting than generic high schooler #59252478

trust me you dont want a 3rd season

We all know that isn't happening. Your career is fucked once you get charged with drug possession in Japan.

Low-lives past the age of 20 though.

Never, he doesnt need to suffer anymore

anime is gay haha manga is betterl ol hth

The next part probably wouldn't transfer well over to animation.

I don't think they would use his music anymore. They would probably replace the whole soundtrack

but i liked pachinko, it was a bit long but tolerable as the ending was pretty great

(i watched it last year, so week to week must have been worse)

arc would of been a a lot better if they played fucking uno

So last time I read he was playing poker with the president's son, how far has the story progressed now?

Because they have something to strive for, and thus you have someone to root for.

Same except now he's betting his life

Is there a better underdog than Kaiji?
I really don't see one.

The better question is when will Akagi end?

February 1st 2018

never learns

I would read akagi but there's only so much mahjong I can take

>not being able to endlessly stomach slant dominoes

>tfw Kaiji is the smartest retarded person ever

is this any complex ? thinking to start it !

Screw season 3, mahjong fucking sucks.

strongest man kurosawa anime when?

What other series of Fukumoto will animate would like?
I definitely Saikyou densetsu Kurosawa

but this manga isn't about gambling

a real hero

They don't, they're just good self-inserts for weebs.

>implying weebs would have half the balls the Kaiji has

/thread

ZAWA... ZAWA...

>implying Sup Forumsnons can relate

can't believe anyone here is actually life-endangered because of mortgage-sized debts to the mob

I stopped celebrating my birthdays at 14y old, what kind of adult gets sad about that? Does he suffer from autism?

I have exams. it's pretty much the same

He's having a midlife crisis, considering he's lonely and hasn't formed significant bonds with anyone. People at work don't care much about him (there's a bit of an age gap between them anyway) and he thinks he wasted his life. The birthday was him trying to get back at it, at least a little, but it failed and he ended up eating all alone.

Kurosawa is pretty fucking depressing. But it's also great to cheer up and face reality straight, without fears or expectations. A true human bean, indeed.

I love Kurosawa and want to read it again, but I can't get past the first few chapters, it feels too real even though I don't have any of his problems.

fkmt actually digressed a little bit about how he actually wanted to write a legit UNO match or smth (maybe not for kaiji though) but he found that even though UNO sounds easy, to explain the game in-comic is pretty difficult. at least thats what he said...

Its kinda bizarre for anyone to bet money on anything but poker. Everyone knows it, the rules are well understood, no ones going to start arguing about interpretation of the rules etc.

>Its kinda bizarre for anyone to bet money on anything but poker.
You can bet anything on everything.

The point is you dont need any other game, pokers perfect, or texas holdem.
Thus its bizarre for anyone to learn a 2nd game when everyone knows poker and wants to play poker.

dont worry user, he'll always have tarou

but i agree. both the ending of ten, and especially kurosawa plucked my heartstrings

no it's fucking not, there's noone after you threating you with cutting off your fingers or ear

The ultimate underdog. They either go up or go under.

did you choose to stop celebrating you're birthday or did everyone else choose to stop celebrating it?

it's the same feeling in my head user
i'm literally unironically kaiji right now

Pachinko isn't that bad when you watch it all in one go. Waiting for episodes is the real problem, something like Kaiji would benefit from netflix style of releasing complete seasons.

Thats like asking do I believe in free will.
I dont have sufficient physics backround to give an educated answer.

I don't see how could he make an UNO match last in Kaiji. Its not like there's a lot of tactics involved when playing UNO, its mostly luck, it would be like Kaiji playing Risk.

Wanting to gamble is far more bizarre if you ask me, unless you happen to be really good at it.

Not everybody want or know how to play pokers (through the rules are really simple to pick up, and have enough depth to make the game interesting), otherwise things that like dice games, coin toss, roulette, baccarat, pharaoh, blackjack, lottery, sport gamble would not exist, and would not be popular. Then there are more weirder game, like betting on the time left to live for terminally ill patient, or card pack opening (like MtG). People who want to gamble on something will play anything as long as they believe that they can win something in return.

Then there are the pathological gamblers. They are a special breed, who want to win at all cost, especially if their are deep in debt. They would probably try to come up with the weirdest game, just to get an advantage to win, even if it's just for one game. They care less of the social game you can have with poker than the money they can get, if they can't win with poker, they will even try to play UNO.

I meant more in a sense that a 2+ guys want to play against each other. If its against the house its different and then it becomes a situation where you know you're likely to lose because house always wins and its just for entertainment.

Are you fucking kidding me? Uno has plenty of strategy with skips reversals etc and kaji has games that are solely luck based, the idea is you make your own luck.

There's pleasure to be found both in the vindication of winning and the self destruction of loss. I like playing flip it or rip it with MTG packs and that is always a net loss

I almost had a stroke while watching the pachinko arc.
The human body can't handle so many levels of MADNESS and zawa zawas.

I'm house endangered because of mortgage sized debts to the mortgage company

Truly kaiji was THE absolutest of madmen in that arc. I still cant believe it... A building? An entire building?

youtu.be/IJb_oUEaw5M

Still my favorite today

Why is he so moe?

That was really fucking unexpected.
ざわざわ finds a way.

The problem with Kaiji being the perfect underdog is that he does the stupidest shit and keeps falling deeper into insane situations, of his own accord.

But definitely up there. Let me think. I suppose Rock Lee?

>The problem with Kaiji being the perfect underdog is that he does the stupidest shit and keeps falling deeper into insane situations, of his own accord.
That's what makes him a great underdog though. He's not just fighting against a bunch of assholes but essentially against himself and it shows, especially in part 2 and 3.
Another good underdog would be Guts.

Rock Lee was good for a while but got shafted so hard I'd pick Jiraya or Gai over him.

Well we cheer for the underdog. Right? It's hard to cheer for a pathetic underdog who shoots himself in the foot. The as the stakes get higher though, the thrill rises. I'm not so sure now. Is Kaiji a great underdog? He's a great survivor.

It's probably hard to picture if you've never been in this situation, but wanting to succeed only to keep shooting yourself in the foot and hating yourself for it is a thing and it's pretty shitty. So I can empathize with Kaiji, although he might not really be an underdog in the classical sense of the word.

13 steps > E-Card > Pachinko > One Poker (pending) > RPS > Salvation > Steel Beams > Chinchirorin

Pachinko should definitely be lower because it has its flaws, but shit, it's heist movie : gamble despair edition.

Also I love Mahjong, but even without that 13 steps is still the most exhilarating ride of the series, fuck ya'll.

This seems good except Chinchirorin is way too low

Chinchirorin feels the weakest of them all for me, because it has one of the weakest antagonist of the series, and apart from the payoff (which is admittedly fucking great) and KUYASHII (which, let's be real, is mostly memetic value), it's not really memorable in any way.

What's with all the Kaiji threads lately. Did suddenly a lot of people watch it?

> he is a survivor

no shit sherlock, the serie is named ultimate survivor kaiji

>BEERU
>not memorable

salvation should be bottom, i liked the psychology behind it but it sucked ass nonetheless

It's a lot better when read in one sitting. The climax (Mario hesitating + Kazuya forcing Mitsuyama to admit he wants him to kill Mario and Chang) is fucking great, and Kazuya is a top tier villain.
The gamble itself isn't very interesting, but it's basically a prisoner's dilemma with a few gimmicks thrown in to occupy the first few chapters. And once it's done introducing the three participants, it does gets really good.

Honestly, after a reread I'm convinced Kazuya-hen is the most underrated part.

How do I get into this series? the style seems really similar to pic related which im trying to get into. Where do I start?

Huh? Except for Ten and Akagi. All of fkmt's stories are seperate. Start with whatever looks interesting. With Kurosawa (what you linked) you can start with the first season which is also what you linked.

The ear and finger torture was a bit much.