Endless eight

Endless eight

What did you think of the endless eight?, undoubtably the most artistic and ballsy kyoani did ever, i wish they did more like this.

It's okay.

It was boring as shit. Pretty much everyone hated it back when it aired. It got boring very fast and pretty much entire Sup Forums just wanted it to end.
It should have been 3-4 episodes at most.

>i wish they did more like this

kyoani does nothing but animate the same anime over and over again since then

I watched it one time all in one sitting. Was fun enough. But i'll probably not watch it all again.

Pretty much this. It felt unbelievable at first, disappointing at the end.

I watched it all in the span of a day, which was awful in and of itself, but I can't even imagine how agonizing it must have been watching it week-by-week for two fucking months

>most artistic
In the way that is was their furthest from entertainment, yeah.

true art is to be appreciated, not enjoyed

and the big climax was doing homework together,

that was some good propaganda

Is that not what I said?

It was a real rollercoaster. One that's trapped in eternal descent.

The threads here were the only high point.

It was a good point to drop the series for good and never look back.
No one can argue that isnt the right thing to do.

Kyoani has never ended the Endless Eight.
It's just that all their series are the same now, instead of episodes being the same.
Time to break the conditionning.

>missing on Disappearance

It was bad, but the slight differences were enough to not drop the anime

So does that mean that if we break the loop they'll make season 3? How do we do that? Do I need to finish my backlog or something?

It pushed boundaries nobody had ever pushed before, and convinced us all that we were right not to push them the first time.

I don't. It was eight years ago, user. Move on already.

KYON-KUN DENWA

I don't know what it would've been like to watch E8 while it was airing, but I watched it over the course of a day and a half. I started to like it when I watched it through a horror lens. Imagining Yuki's complete and utter numbness and isolation from the others, along with there being the slightest of changes between dialogue/occurrence was really unsettling. The way the episodes would occasionally end on the clock ticking was fucking horrible. I kept hoping that Kyon would press the issue every time he stopped Yuki from going home, but he never did. I'd be lying if I said that it bored me or I hated it, is what I'm trying to say. I haven't seen anything like it in a show before, and that's pretty neat

Should have only been 3 episodes long.

But then the title wouldn't make sense.

agreed
direction was fantastic

>8 years ago
>move on
>implying it's not still happening.

There are streams out there constantly playing it, over and over and over and still, endless 8 will never end as long as one poor bastards is watching the fourth part hoping for something new to happen this time to justify the repetition

I don't think it was artsy at all. This idea that KyoAni is above scumbag tactics to save and earn money is ridiculous. Just looks at fucking Phantasm or whatever it was. A pure cash grab based on current trends.

Anyway I truly believe they saw an opportunity to get away with airing a barely reworked episode 8 times and that's it.

>Implying Kyoani gives a shit
>"Oh, some gaijin are still beating off to Haruhi? Well, guess our hands are tied, start work on season 3 guys"

What the fuck are you on about? Every episode was fully animated and probably more expansive than most in the series. They redubbed every fucking line

EIGHT

FUCKING

WEEKS

What are YOU on about? I didn't say it was the exact same, but don't act like it wasn't significantly cheaper than making 8 completely new episodes. Just don't.

The only thing good about endless 8 were the threads and their shitshows

Everything was redrawn from scratch. There's literally no plan, background or model that was reused. The lines could've been reused, but they weren't. They actually used different directors for each episode which is why the styles change a lot from one episode to another.

It didn't cut any cost. If anything, they've done that because they had to make Disappearance into a movie

>most artistic
In the way that is was their furthest from entertainment, yeah.

>but don't act like it wasn't significantly cheaper than making 8 completely new episodes
Do you have a reason to think this besides "It totally makes sense dude."?

I made me drop the series. I didn't even skip passed it get to the other episodes. I think it's a significant reason season 2 isn't happening.

Are you fucking kidding me? All they did was animate the same episode 8 fucking times in a row and thet get fucking praised for it? Its the most boring fucking part of the entire show and it almost completely ruined it for me.

What are the epiosdes in the endless 8 that stand out the most? I want to rewatch Haruhi but i dont want to watch all of E8 again

It was 8deep8u

I think 5 was pretty great.

Which one was that when Kyon has an internal monologue in front of Yuki and she just stares at him blankly until he tells her she can go? That was my favorite.

I only remember 1,2 and 8 being the most different ones, i think it was 8

> Pretty much everyone hated it back when it aired. It got boring very fast and pretty much entire Sup Forums just wanted it to end.

This. I can't think of a time Sup Forums was worse than the summer when Endless 8 was airing.

I've watched the series about 4 times and I always skip it. Retarded, absolutely retarded.