Weekly Shonen Jump

Which Jump series gets axed next?

Other urls found in this thread:

geocities.jp/jump_manga/
geocities.jp/wj_log/rank/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Poro, U19, WNL, Samon. About the last one I'm not sure when but Poro and U19 will definetly die soon.

U19, Poro and the golf one.

One Piece, Oda dies tomorrow.

That weeb vampire thing.

>impliying they wouldn't make him a human puppet just to keep milking that cow

>implying that manga from kurobasu author will get axed soon
heh

Boruto, please.

that gay looking vampire one

U19 cancelled
Samon and Sumo ending

Poro and U19 (U19 will be first). Neither stands out or has anything new or interesting going for them. RxLb will stick around for a bit solely because of the mangaka behind it even though the first chapter was crap that spent half the chapter trying to convince the reader that golf isn't boring as hell.

Samon has some sort of deal with the devil that prevents it from ever getting axed. Spring weapon I haven't read and can't comment on.

Dr.Stone isn't offensively bad but it really needs to do something impressive soon as its kind of dull at the moment.

Samon better end on a good note or I will complain about it, here, on Sup Forums

So, it's a safe bet to say that WNL lives for now? i want more /sci/ girl, fuck you

WNL is probably safe. It's exactly the sort of harmless and safe romcom that gets at least a few dozen chapters and hangs around for a bit. The only issue is that less than 10 chapters in it already feels like the author is running out of ideas.

Hunter x Togashi is dead

I would say the following will get axed/end sooner or later:

Samon
Spring Weapon
We never learn
U19
Poro

I also don't see Marie surviving for too long.

>People thinking Samon will get the axe.

People have been saying this for like a year and a half now and nothing has happened no matter how far it drops in the ratings. I don't know if the mangaka is sucking the publisher's dick under the desk or what but its not going anywhere.

No one else can't stand the hot springs ghost one?

They pushed it for a year and it didn't work

It's time to leave Jump

You kidding? Its one of the only ones I'd say has no chance of getting the axe anytime soon unless the author really fucks up. It's one of the only well recieved ones of the new lot and is from a resonably popular and experianved author. Plus there are multiple shoddier and less popular series in the new batch that will get the cancelled over the next several rounds before it does.

>vampire
What

Gintama ends soon.
Hinomaru ends soon.
U19 axed.
Poro axed.

>vampire
What?

>i want more /sci/ girl
Me too. Fucking Sup Forums destroyed her chapter, worst girl.

>Oga doing martial arts shit
what the fuck is this? There's a beelzebub sequel?

My hero Academia
I can't force myself to read it with that atrocious art style.
I can't understand how anyone could bear it.

>It's exactly the sort of harmless and safe romcom that gets at least a few dozen chapters and hangs around for a bit.
Love Rush didn't last long.

Owari no Seraph?

Harapeko no Marie

wanpiss desu

Is there any chance Hinomaru Sumo will be animated? Do Jump series ever get an anime after they end?

Boruto.

No one likes assistant-kun's fanfiction with webmanga tier art.

Anime will make it obsolete by giving back boobs to milfs.

>Boruto will never get axed despite being deviantart-tier in every aspect
We all live so we can suffer.

I think they mean Poro
>with the sharp fangs

RIDE WILL NEVER END AND BLEAH JUNIOR COMING SOON

I bet Shueisha would be happy if he died, that would let them just write it forever with some ghost writer instead of live in fear of Oda just ending it one day on a whim.

Hungry Marie. It's gender bender/body swap/posession.

gintama

Spring Weapon no.1. Most irrelevant Jump manga EVER.

So I didn't even bother with U19 past like the second chapter. What did his power turn out to be/do?

As sad as it may be, it'll still make more money than all the others (besides one piece) combined, so don't keep your hopes up.

perfect

I would find it hilarious if it manage to survive the next round of cancellation. Literally the only thing that helping it survive is it ToC ranking which I don't know how No.1 is getting all of these votes but it does.
>Bad art
>mediocre and predictable plot
>sales so bad it can't even chart.
>Only good point is it half decent comedy.
Still living.

Spring Weapon will live on, somehow
I blame dark magic and a deal with Satan

Mob Trigger Man No. 100 will die

thanks for reminding me that togashi is still playing dragon quest instead of working on his manga, the dude just fucken loves to be on hiatus

U19 - 100%
Poro or bombman - 50%

I remember being really wowed by the color pages of the first 2 chapters, but looking at the raws, the art is atrocious now, I guess the artist can't keep up with a weekly schedule.

All 3 seem pretty doomed, inb4 triple axe.

the first new series' first rank is next week, any guesses how it fares?

Second half of the magazine

All 6 need to end

100% ending this year:
Gintama

Might end this year:
Hinomaru Zumo, Saiki, Souma, Isobe

Might get axed:
Samon, Bomberman, the 6 new series (you never know)

Everything else is safe for at least a year

Kids Next Door, obviously. We're like 5 chapters in and he's still at the first school.

Then Salmon, because it looks like it's in its final arc, from what I'm seeing in the raws.

Then Spring Weapon or Poro. My money's on SW getting the axe since neither are funny, but Poro has potential fujobux. Spring has nothing. But whatever happens, only one can live.

I know it's easy to be cynical but the sales for the volumes have only been around 300k, even though it's outselling most of the stuff right now, it's only captured a fraction of the original's success.

Which will still probably be enough to keep it alive forever because the world is a terrible place

I don't think Jump has an unlimited number of applicants so they need to try and force the new stuff for awhile until someone good comes along

If Bakuman is any indication, they have a metric fuckton. It's just that none of them are any good.

Sorry man, but this one is completely off, Soma and Haikyuu will still continue for a bit, I don't really believe that Hinomaru will be ending soon and I really don't see Poro and We never learn surviving.

read 2 chapters of >hungry Marie

holy shit Tamura's the biggest hack in jump atm (excluding fanficiton guy). The similarities to Beelz are comical.

He wanted to call it "Versailles"

Both Beelzebub and Versailles start with "Beruze" in japanese

Soma and Haikyuu are like Gintama, they will end "soon". Generally, since there clearly isn't much talent out there at the moment, they will just have to keep some of what they have already and make it popular with editorial meddling.

I don't see a constant cycle of 12 chapter cancellation -> new series continuing for that long.

Hopefully this garbage magazine dies this year.

Hahaha go back to your moeshit

Only RxL will survive on the latest 6 series because of the Kuroko bandwagon, everything else will not see the light of 2018.

Haikyu is stuck on tournament hell for months or years to come and it's getting a bit stale desu senpai. Soma should get axed or have the writer kicked-off. Gintama is heading towards natural end.

Samon is heavily advertised but it's not paying off. Spring Weapon vol 1 sales is just sad, so they might get the axe before fall.

World Trigger is likely to return in summer while togashi is still busy grinding in DQ

Love rush was a harem

Dr. Stone has a chance.

While I think there needs to be stricter guidelines on what counts as quality in Jump, I don't want it to end up matching the likes of Viz where if it doesn't click in three chapters, it's out. The way it's going now it seems to be going the way of old comic anthologies, where all the titles slowly disappear until the label becomes a synonym for the one segment left everyone reads.

>science-esque shit
>lasting in weekly jump
That would be nice, wouldn't it?

Homo pandering might actually save it though.

World Trigger is also sci-fi and it survived. Well, too bad about the author.

Remeber Golf and Volley can't be simoultaneously serialized.

Why not? Volley, Dancing and Sumo worked just fine for a while.

With shit sales and rankings before it shifted to scifi-sports genre and introduced fuckton of top-tier waifus and husbandos of all types.

Yep, but Fujos can influence the vite only that much, and from what I heard they liked much more Dr. Stone than RxL.
Also, RxL probably had the weakest debut of a sport manga since Tokyo Wonder Boys.

How is Yuuna doing, Is it doing alright?

100k sales, so good in that. Lately in the toc it has been low, nips don't like actual plot.

Yeah but they are loyal to their beloved Kuroko's Basketball author.

They need better editors more.

Haikyuu had 5 volumes and Kuroko was still ongoing

Robot is following the same pattern

Does anyone know where I can look for weekly and monthly volume sales data/chart? Like the one from stalker site or oricon rankings with just text/table.

With it's pacing it won't go past 50 chapters even if it doesn't get axed.
This is just a quick series for boichi, pump and dump.

Sales
geocities.jp/jump_manga/
Print numbers
geocities.jp/wj_log/rank/

It's quite amazing how the WT sales didn't deviate much despite the lack of new weekly content.

Marie, RxL, Dr.Stone, and WNL will survive the first round of cancellations. What happens to them after that is up in the air at them moment.

>best-selling magazine by far
>dying
You wish. So do I.

Kill yourself.

It's pretty much just Stone Free.

Don't kid yourself, the anime is coming and soon enough we'll have a "Boruto: Ultimate ninja storm" game series, and people are going to buy into that shit by the droves, I can even see the manga gaining some traction with all the merchandising.
So, I don't think it's going to be as successful as the original, but yeah, my point still stands.

>science-esque shit doesn't last in weekly jump

Dr Slump says hay

For the love of god, please be HxH. I can't take this hiatus shit anymore.

>Dr Slump
>still thinking that the demographic back then is the same as now
Whatever helps you sleep at night, gramps ;^).
It might survive in other Jump/Shueisha magazines but definitely not in weekly jump.

Homo Stone's art also looks atrocious compared to Boichi's other series.

Easily Hungry Marie. Comedy doesn't survive for long without fighting.

>only wan piss and neverland are good
>marie and stone are okay
>hxh and wt are dead
How are they still selling so much magazines? What if wanpiss ends?

Personally, I think U19 and Dr.Stone need to get axed asap. Both are just bad in every sense of the word. The art for both is pretty shit, I don't really understand why people are all over Boichi's dick because his style is just plain ugly, the stories are shit and the characters are shit. I see literally no redeeming qualities for either series.

WNL is boring, uninspired tripe but the girls are cute enough to save it for a while.

Poro is the cutest of the new series and I personally like it (second chapter aside) but I don't know how long it'll last unless it does something big and soon.

RxL will probably survive for the long run, I just don't see how it can get canceled between the mangaka's credentials, the potential for homo shipping and the relatively good art. Sameface aside.

Marie is the real winner of the bunch. The mangaka's art has improved quite a bit since Beelzebub started (again, sameface aside), the characters are interesting enough for the moment, the setting is nice and its an interesting take on the body swap deal. I do think the gag will get old after a period of time but its definitely different.

Overall, I fully believe that Neverland is the best thing in Jump right now and I think its popularity will only continue to grow as the plot progresses. Its one of the few legitimately good manga to come out in recent years and the mangaka clearly put a lot of thought into the work, which I appreciate.

Dr. Stone has objectively the best art of the six new series. You just have major shittaste.

Its already got a setup for the fighting aspect to take off, this has all pretty much just been introduction and set up so far.

unlike Kubo, Kishi did't burn all his birges in the industry

Dr.Stone is awful and for the most part it makes no fucking sense. First, the two main characters are equally obnoxious but in different ways. One is an over amped genki good boy who just wants to confess to his waifu and the other is a smug, I'm-so-fucking-smart-that-I-can-mentally-keep-track-of-how-many-years-go-by-despite-not-being-able-to-see-or-hear-anything genius prick. They're both awful and the art is bad, so they don't even have the bishonen trope to fall back on.

Second, I know this is manga and all, but its physically impossible to keep your sanity for a few years in a petrified state let alone thousands of years. It doesn't matter how smart you are, at some point you WILL go crazy. Also, its physically impossible to keep an accurate track of time like that too. As we grow older, we perceive the passage of time as being faster and faster. Thats why when you're a kid a year seems like forever but as an adult every year seems to go by quicker than the last. So even if dude was smart enough to be able to do it, the way he would perceive time would make his estimations very wrong.

Third, there was already a timeskip in the second chapter which belies exactly how shit the writing is. Either have the petrification process as a flashback or stick to your guns and show them trying to establish a working settlement in 'real time'. The way its setup is stupid and, in all honesty, the entire premise is stupid.

It is not I who has shit taste but you, my friend. Dr. Stone is one of the worst things in recent memory and I'd say its stupidity is second only to that of U19 which just takes the fucking cake.

U19 is going to be the next big thing. Just watch

So you're really going to try and convince me that this is the best art out of the new series? I don't think so, senpai.