>Knights and Magic
>Death March
>Overlord S2
>SAO: Alicization
>No Game No Life movie
>Isekai Izakaya Nobu
>and now Smartphone is getting an anime adaption too
What happened Sup Forums?
Why is Japan riding this isekai fad so hard?
How long will we have to put up with all these tracksuit wearing NEETs fucking around with cute girls in another world?

Because it sells.

Where's my Konosuba S3 then?

How the fuck mushoku tensei doesn't have an anime yet?

>Overlord S2 - tracksuit wearing NEETs fucking around with cute girls in another world?

Really?

Does calling it a fad make you guys feel better or something? It's a subgenre.

God

I keep praying that the series doesn't and he answers.

at least wait a year

Neither of those terms are mutually exclusive. How does Isekai being a subgenre of fantasy have anything at all to do with it's popularity?

The Isekai subgenre, especially Isekai LN adaptations, have experienced a huge boom in popularity in recent years. Someone calling it a "fad" simply means they don't expect this level of popularity to persist. Which is a reasonable opinion considering every other genre of anime that experienced a similar boom in popularity gradually faded.

Someone post that screenshot of MF Bunko Jr's latest published works.

Slav here, isekai and time-travel is popular af among noob authors here too.
Bookshelves are creaking under isekai novels of various shittiness.
Often involves commie or modern commando/spec-ops time-traveling to Tsar Russia or WWII or isekaing and defeating dragoms with "Vampir" AT RPG.

What's with Asia and isekai?

Why can't they be like America and write dystopian YA fiction about teenage mary sues toppling the corrupt adult tyranny instead?

>Asia
>YAMERO.jpg
It's like a 3 hour drive to closest EU country here.
And authors do a lot of regular fantasy too.
It's less shitty than isekai somehow, probably because requires more experience and talent for decent worldbuilding and character development.
Close to none litrpg though, most isekai is just low fantasy with guns.

Also >why can't they teenage mary sues toppling the corrupt adult tyranny instead
Because life is so depressing here that toppling corrupt tyranny looks impossible enough for people to fantasize about getting the fuck out in isekai instead.

True but it gets spoken about as if it'll ever not be reasonably popular. And can we even call it a fad? OP listed a few shows compared to the myriad of shit not in that subgenre that will be airing.

>True but it gets spoken about as if it'll ever not be reasonably popular

Because it won't?

Do you think you're still going to see 3-4 new Isekai anime every season five years from now?

That's what people were saying about battle harems a few years back.

I prefer isekai to battle harem.

Most isekai ARE battle harems.

But not all, I'd say it's about 50-50.

>about getting the truck out in isekai instead.
FTFY

Because it's shit.