Rate my shit taste in mecha

Rate my shit taste in mecha

>getter robo armageddon
>dougram
>votoms
not so bad desu

>no eva, ttgl, or code gayass
Pretty gud anonymous.

I dont even get why I still watch Gundam. Almost every single show is fucking atrocious. So few mecha shows are actually good, yet I still bother with the genre because of its general appeal. Fafner is by far the best though. Nothing in that genre comes even remotely close to it.

Fairly good, though G-Reco doesn't deserve a spot among good shows like that. I'm also not an Ideon fan but it's good in any case.

Watch Victory, maybe you'll like it.

Also what is the show in the top left? Looks like Macross but I've watched all legit Macross shows and I don't remember that guy.

Macross II user

I always dismissed it as non canon due to Kawamori not being involved with it. And I wasn't interested in watching it.

Is it that good? Might give it a try, I don't really have a backlog right now.

Is martian successor nadesico worth watching ?

Where's Eva? Kuromukuro? Valvrave? Medabots?
Shit taste, shit list desu.

9,5/10
Pretty good taste user. I haven't watched G-Reco yet though.

Not him, but aside from the gorgeus fights and backgrouds, it's pretty bad.

It had potential but Tomino insisted on boggling it down with too many plotlines for such a short show (26 episodes unlike the usual 50+ he's used to doing, and it shows), plus it's a lot more preachy than usual (not that his other shows aren't, but he usually let the plot events do the preaching instead of the characters themselves most of the time). The direction is a mess, really.

That's what I heard.
I Also heard that they're making compilation movies for it, I don't know how they're going to make it work.

Top tier, except for G-Reco. That show was garbage.

It best not to take Sup Forums's opinion on G-Reco seriously really since A LOT of people seem to be half asleep while watching the show like this dumbass and Sup Forums just seems to have shit taste in general in regards to mecha.

>too many plotlines
Like?
>plus it's a lot more preachy than usual
Not at all really. ts pretty much the most upbeat Gundam anime ever

Didn't I already saw in Mechanauts on FB?

>Zeta
AHAHAHHAAHHAHA

>Macross 2
Really?
>Zeta Gundam
Alright
>Turn A
Great
>G-Reco
Its a solid 7/10
>Ideon
Good
>VOTOMS
Great
>Getter Robo Armageddon
It falls apart when Imagawa leaves
>Dougram
Great
>Nadesico
Alright

Not bad overall

Its solid overall and its carried largely due to the characters rather than the story. Has a lot of neat ideas that seems more relevant today than it did back then.
Its really not good but given the current creative drought the franchise its somewhat of a fascinating failed experiment. Its more watchable than Zero and Delta if that helps.

I came to a conclusion on rewatch after giving a 5/10 rating after the weekly watch that it wasn't bad at at and I think watching IBO, an actual bad show, changed my opinion. Paying attention definitely makes things better.

>A LOT of people seem to be half asleep while watching the show like this dumbass
How was I the one asleep when I clearly have a better idea of the show than you?

The direction was a fucking mess, even Tomino apologized and you are still defending him, he tried to tackle the show in his usual way with focusing on many sides at the same time yet he failed because he didn't have the time to develop all of them in a compelling way.

I'm even one of the post positive critics about the show, as I do believe it could've been good with more episodes to develop it's characters and themes instead of rushing them,

>Like?
The cast is the usual size but the show is half the length, this leads to many characters being underdeveloped and a lot of the plotlines feeling rushed. Some of the enemies, like the Lab guys, end up being literally whos instead of actually memorable because of that.

>ts pretty much the most upbeat Gundam anime ever
I'm not saying it's not upbeat, in fact, it's the opposite, being upbeat is what makes the pacifist and enviromentalist message in this one feel a lot more in your face than the usual way (i.e war actually being serious shit and being shown that way thorough the series, with the main characters usually paying the price of peace in blood and effort). I'm not saying everything is flower and rainbows but I would've liked if the cast acted more serious sometimes.

You didn't answer the question. What plotlines?

>what makes the pacifist and enviromentalist message in this one feel a lot more in your face than the usual way
Except that's not even the fucking message of the show. Jesus Christ I thought the "people who hate G-Reco are retards" was just a meme but its actually true.

>You didn't answer the question. What plotlines?
I meant the character development and the plot in general, like how Aida and Bellri are siblings. I would've liked more time to go into that instead of rushing forward through the plot because there was just so much to tell in so little time.

I'm not saying the plot is not understandable (in fact, it's pretty straightforward), I'm saying that it's a mess in that it's rushed and underdeveloped.

>Except that's not even the fucking message of the show. Jesus Christ I thought the "people who hate G-Reco are retards" was just a meme but its actually true.
That's the message of every Tomino show, user. He even said that in an interview.

>, even Tomino apologized
Uh...he was saying he was sorry to the people who didn't get it not for the show itself. Its hilarious how so many retards bought into ANN's bullshit articles that got called out for being poorly translated.

>I meant the character development and the plot in general, like how Aida and Bellri are siblings.
...that was foreshadowed from the very first episode and you still didn't answer the question, that plot is pretty simple it just doesn't drag itself out like every Gundam series.

>its not understandable
>its a mess

Make up your mind.

>That's the message of every Tomino show, user. He even said that in an interview.
Wrong on both regards retard.

>It falls apart when Imagawa leaves
It actually improves. you imagawafags need to fuck off forever.

>but he usually lets the plot events do the preaching instead of the characters themselves

>It actually improves
>5 through 13 are nothing but super serious screaming battles with next to no character development

Kawagoefags are the worst. They still think 009 vs Devilman was good.

>even Tomino apologized
That meme again. When will people learn?