Does this shit ever get good?

Watching HxH 2011 with my imouto, about 20 episodes in. So far, there's been:

>Ludicrous trials that barely test anyone's ability in any way that's remotely accurate, and no one seems to care if people die trying
>MUH PURE HEART Gon overcomes trials 'cause he is pure-hearted
>'nothing personnel, kiddo' clown villain that, of course, lets his competitors to live another day until they're a strong enough fighter
>2edgy4u ultra-ninja who stomps over everyone effortlessly, oh by the way he's a kid XD

Why does Sup Forums like this show so much? Is this like Boku no Pico?

Why has this guy been spamming HxH threads with the exact same image and wording?

Should have watched 1999

It's a normal shonen, don't expect a deconstruction. It does get more serious and better later on, but if you don't enjoy shonens don't watch it.

This. I don't know what OP expected, some amazing show with no cliches at all? Even Yu Yu Hakusho starts pretty slow and has cliches. Those that OP mentioned are common as fuck in shonen battle manga.

It's not good so just drop it we already have enough fans.

HunterxHunter turns a lot of shounen tropes on their head but at the end of the day it is still a shounen and if you do not like the traditional shounen first then you're not gonna like HunterxHunter at all.

Killua is cute!

>Watching HxH 2011 with my imouto
You can't just say little sister you retard?

Yorkshin and DC arcs aside, the rest are a steamy pile of generic shonen turds that should be avoided like a plague.

I'm so fucking tired of this hiatus. Fuck. When the fuck is it coming back?

but that's more words, you fucking retard?

>Chimera Ant

We'll probably get 5 more chapters in a few months, then hiatus again. Expect 9 years of boat trip.

But it doesn't make you sound like a fat weeb, you fucking retard.

>Set up an awesome premise for future arcs.
>Go on hiatus forever.
>middle-finger.jpg

Seeing it as of lately, it's nothing THAT impressive, but points I guess for some characters that somewhat stand out. It kinda feels like early Dragon Ball and then evolves into some crazy ass shit you'd otherwise not expect from the cover alone. Not sure why people keep insisting calling Hisoka a clown, he's just a Joker look-a-like magician with a ludicrous boner for OP kids. Soundtrack is really nice and comfy at some times. At some points, it kind of makes me remember certain Earthbound/Mother 3 tracks for some reason. Seeing this show trying to get serious is kinda ridiculous, but I just go with the flow.

It can drag on for a bit, but some twists are still amusing. I've just gotten around episodes 90+, meaning, I'm in the Chimera Ant arc, which is a bit more... hardcore, if you can call it that, but surprisingly doesn't have that much action? Character design here is off-the-walls crazy and odd looking, but they kinda grow on ya. Meruem reminds me too much of Cell except more pretty boy and with a military helmet (?) on.

>military helmet
well he is an ant

It'll never end with these threads.

Also
>Watching HxH 2011 with my imouto
Fucking creep

>look guys I said CA arc is bad! Am I cool yet?

What's this?

CA arc has a lot of setup and more action in the secons half, which really pays off (unless you're expecting some over the top Akatsuki level battles to ensue)

What's moonspeak for "my wife's son"?

Should i watch/does this get good thread should be deleted. Thread's OP always whine like a newfag new to the genre.

Instead of worrying about when it 'gets good' like a faggot how about watching it for its own merits. The longer you spend looking for greatest shonen the more you'll under appreciate the some of the different aspects of the series. Now fuck off.

You're a bigger troll than OP.

Just finished it, curious shouldn't Gon have gotten his Nen abilities back after Alluka healed him? I would think wishing for someone to be healed would heal their Nen too. Also Gon could have asked Killua to wish for his Nen to be recovered.

Berserk. They've been on a boat for nearly a decade now and still are. (Although I might be wrong I stopped reading a ways back)

>Implying he missed my heart

Killua long since skipped town and Togashi will likely milk the Gon has no power storyline

but this is a laotian pizza-swallowing board, swine

I feel like people who start this series don't realize at how old the series itself is and how these tropes or cliches that barely matter weren't at all commonplace
OP is just baiting though, gon being a purehearted MC is a hilarious statement

You like to serve people shit?

>people talk about the best shounen of all time
>it is high-ranked by (((MAL)))
>it's literally just another shounen series

what does it mean?

That people don't understand what makes HxH good and how it's different from the typical shonen affair

>he feel for the hxh meme

it's not different. it's the same shit as naruto

I thought the earlier episodes were at least enjoyable but if you insist being a faggot...

Naruto came shortly after HxH had been serialized for a year, and it borrowed things from HxH in regards to the exams, but after both arcs both stories go in vastly different directions.
Or are you baiting?

>implying ca is good

10/10 bait

they don't. they both have neverending arcs of shit with bad guys nobody gives a fuck about