Quick question about the official Overlord LN translations. In the second volume...

Quick question about the official Overlord LN translations. In the second volume, in either the last chapter or epilogue, Narberal calls humans "penis fish."

What the Christ was that in Japanese?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urechis_unicinctus
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-03-10/overlord-tv-anime-gets-2nd-season/.113293
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If I remember right it was lower creatures (animals).
You just fell for meme.

Did you even google the word? Nabe like to insult humans with insects names. Penis fish is a worm.

Is it worth reading the ln? Im deciding if i start reading overlord or re:monster
personally overlord seems better but going through 5 ln to get to the lizard arc seems a bit too much if there isnt alot of things to add up that werent shown in the manga

Don't ever compare Re with Overlord. The former one is like a kids fantasy diary while the latter is a 16+ novel.

Nabe has THREE fingers.

Im like 50 pages in in both of them ( i think a little more in overlord)
i need some fantasy edgy shit until goblin slayer v2 comes out
I just want to know if re:monster is worth it
and if there are alot of things missing from the ln in the manga (enough things to keep it interesting until catching up in v5 with the manga)

>edgy shit
I don't know how's Re in this department but Overlord has like 3 chapters that could be called edgy in 11 volumes.

Anime: funny kid anime with comedy, cut scenes everywhere and lack of explanation
Manga:terrible art drawing, even more cut scenes and lack of explanation
LN: bloody,gore,brutal novel with dark humor, sweet moments, sadistic desires and every fan that had some evil in his heart would love it. A lot of explanation. If you like reading hero stories then it's not for you. But the novel do have happy moments.Only for the Overlord and his minions of course.

In human form?

Mmmh might as well give it a try at least with the first one and see if the difference ia that huge

No, when she goes doppelopolis.

>bloody,gore,brutal
the what now?

Just read RE in the wiki. It has like 90+% of the story material written there. The story is getting stupider by the second and boring like hell after maybe 100days. MC has like 1000+abilities that no one would even bother remembering after the first 10. I drop it after he tried earning money with spa and massage salons.

Isn't it an actual fish?

Compare v3 with the anime,i admit it's freaking brutal. Same with v7. Like the torture

>torture scenes are brutal
>vampire scenes include blood
I don't think this is enough to call whole LN brutal/gore.

Two kind of meaning. Pretty sure Nabe didn't intend to insult him by calling him a fish.
But the translation of the meaning turn out this funny and weird is probably because it's from Japanese to English

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urechis_unicinctus

I think

>official Overlord LN translations
>someone unironically reads these

So stepping on heads and crushing it, pulling out innards, crushing heads like melons, melting a person alive, ripping out a heart,exploding humans and bath in their blood is not considers brutal? What did you read then?
>Torture scenes are not brutal?
being eaten alive by insects, sticking a rod into a guy thing and being sexual assaulted by a ugly monster is not brutal?

Good thing freaking she is hot in blood.

"Penis fish", "fat innkeeper worm" and so on are lowly, gross and obscene-looking creatures.

Most do. Only spoon feeders do not.
I like the feel of the book in my hand anyway.

What are you saying?
Anime skipped 70% of Shalltear arc.
In LN that arc was a complete gorefest.

What happen to these goblins anyway?

>faggot trying to sell his show while trashing the adaptations of the exact same show.

Keep trying to defend your holy LN.

So you seriously think they did a good adaptation of the book?

All these worm pics need to get lost. Time to sooth my heart with a little Nabe

>spa, massage salons
What now? He actually does that

I still can't get over the fact that they initially wrote Pero as female.

???
That was just a Yenpress mistake
Eroronchino was always a confirmed bro

>rabbit

Strange those mistake never appear in the hard cover books i bought. Is this only a problem with the E-books?

Worst is he doesn't bang any girls he meet anymore,instead the story shifted to other people romance.

RE is bad edgy, overlord is good edgy
Then again if you like goblin slayer you probably want bad edgy so who knows

The complaints all came from people who bought the hardcover.

Granted, they're obviously retarded for giving Jew Press any money at all...

"Now about Clementine ——"
Saying the name of the woman’s missing corpse, Ainz made a face as if he’d bitten a bug.
Because of Ainz’ mistake, this woman who learned much precious information had probably been revived. The disquieting sensation that she was probably disseminating her information was slowly accumulating.

Gs had problems with the gob rape that falls in the edgy department but overall it was enjoyable and really drags you along really fast
Eitherway only the first volume is translated it can get better or worse who knows
Also his autistic manner makes him relatable

Ah. I dropped it at that part because I figured the rest would just be more of the same. Maybe I should give it another shot.

Regardless, RE is crap. It's the worst kind of edgy and doesn't even have the redeeming value of a decent story buried under the edge.

Overlord is more grey area with it's edgy content. Only 1 of the novels can really be called edgy and even there the main cast's actions are arguably justifiable.

When the fuck is season 2? I want to talk about lizards and Climb already.

The only problem she can cause is ruining Momon's persona. However based on the voice drama Momon's name has spread for generations.

Nobody is going to believe that Momon is an Elder Lich.

I still don't understand how they fucked that up when the Japanese text is quite literally "eight-eyed eel" which is the common Japanese name for "lamprey". Where the fuck did the rabbit thing come from?

Re quickly turns to shit and gets really stupid

I'm waiting for it. I can't fucking way to see the look on the people's faces. The absolute shock, confusion, and horror. It will be glorious. Almost more glorious than vol 10.

I'm just waiting for Ainz to let Albedo call him Momonga when they're in private.

She deserves it after all of her hard work.

That's both cute and hot. Hope it happens. Ainz will have to grow a backbone first.

You think they'd actually put an A-lister translator on the job?

I think they should have used someone with functional eyeballs.

Where is the special manga?

Which one of Ainz's spells do you guys liked the most?

To me, its gotta be Perfect Warrior.

Don't forget rounding up a mass of peasants, skinning/flaying them alive for their skin to use as scrolls, then healing them to get back the skin wash rinse repeat.

Also there was that part where Demiurge took two families, cooked their children alive, gave them to each others families for food.

re:monster turns into "Rou's eating diary" he's also a shit character and a massive hypocrite who condemns people for doing the same shit he does while trying to stay on a high-horse.

Overlord, Ainz does horrible shit, and he knows it. He gets conflicted about it, but eventually overcomes that by prioritizing all his and his friends creations and would destroy the world rather than give any of them up.

Sadly it seems you need to be A-list for that.

>a massive hypocrite who condemns people for doing the same shit he does while trying to stay on a high-horse

So like ainz? rou does what ainz is too timid to do, he already fucks his harem and has his kids as part of his army.
And don't start with how he's op either since he's also facing fodder just like ainz is.

Rou tries to keep moral superiority while doing shit he killed people for doing.

Ainz doesn't take to the moral high-ground, he does things so he has a reason for defending himself so other countries won't gang up on him on grounds of a righteous crusade.

I can only presume it was a writer going too far with localisation to the point of rewriting, and they likely weren't well-read on the series.

Probably saw Albedo being called a Gorilla and then saw Lamprey being used as an isult for Shalltear, and thought "Wow, is this writer a retard? That's such a stupid insult lol. Time to rewrite. Rabbit makes more sense because they're total perverts that fuck like crazy, and since the argument is over Shalltear being horny for Ainz, I'll make her a rabbit! And on top of that, it's also a mammal just like a Gorilla! God, I'm smart. Much better than the original writer. Pfft. Lamprey. What a stupid insult."

But while it still makes sense as an insult, it doesn't make sense in that context, since they were insults in reference to their true forms. They immediately talk about this right after, saying that they shouldn't be ashamed of their true forms because that's the way that the Supreme Beings made them.

A really dumb mistake.

What annoy me is he has the potential to become a ruler,instead he became a mercenary doing stupid stuff for money. And then keep thinking of ways to earn money,like opening up a store and try to smile like a idiot to win customers. With his skills he could have done a lot better if he really wanted to earn some coins.

I have to admit that vorpal bunny Shalltear is amusing.

In volume 5 Succulent and pig try to extort money from Sebas. But then a bit later 5 assassins try to kill him.
What did they means by this?

IIRC, they were thinking that eliminating Sebas would have allowed them to easily take Solution as a captive along with Tsuare.

Why did they bother explaining him all that extortion crap?

I don't even remember. Vol. 5 was a blur, it's the worst one imo

I dont get all you people who want another anime. It will just be a sub-par CGI fest.

In the slim hopes that because the first was so popular, that the second season will have better budget

That is just hoping against hope, and even with a better budget they do a poor job of bringing the main themes across. All anime marketing compares it to SAO with comments like "But then he woke up in a game"

I just want to see SPLAT and Momon vs Jaldaboath animated. I don't have very high expectations but I still want to see it animated.

Hey, first season did a good job bringing readers towards LN. I'm one of them. It wasn't a failure like some people here claims.

Splat will be ever worse because all of the Black Goats will just be black blobs of CGI same with the army they shall be crushing. Only hope is Momon vs Jaldaboath, but I wouldn't put it past the jews to CGI some of the scenes. (Such as the charge)

I've lived with Berserk 2016 adaptation and Toei completely fucking up one piece. I'm sure I can endure this as well.

I guess, I'd rather it didn't get fucked up at all.
Yes but in terms of an adaptation it is sub-par. Most studios (apart from UFOTABLE) seem to struggle when adapting a series that relies on internal monologue, however it goes a good enough job of garnering attention.

There should be new info in a couple of days, pray for 2 cour.

If you want a words you read the novel, anime is a visual medium it's obvious every little thing can't be included.

There is a difference between missing out minor details and missing out the underlying theme. Also a 2nd cour was confirmed animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-03-10/overlord-tv-anime-gets-2nd-season/.113293 a 2nd cour has been known for a while now.

Are we allowed to pray for 26 episodes? I know it's probably your typical 13, but has any info about the size of the project been released?

No scale is known yet but people are assuming it will get up-to Magic Master of Destroy, which I personally doubt. We will maybe get to men in the kingdom pt2, if we are lucky.

What race will Renner change hersefl into?

Human.

>missing out the underlying theme
If you ask me then it depends on viewer's pov as well. Some people just have a grudge of a sort with some specific genres and thrash every series/show linked with it. Like how some people would dislike it only because its isekai and has games/dnd mechanics in it. I personally had no problem picking up Overlord's theme. From first 4 episodes, it was clear what type of story it was. I do agree that following 5 episodes made it look like Ainz was turning into an anti-hero or hero of a sort but the ending of vol2 and some stuff in last 4 episodes reaffirmed Ainz' pragmatic evil status. They did mess up a few things but I don't think it was that bad.

Maybe an imp? It seems likely the lowest level of some sort of demon and an entry point into the race. Whether or not the [Fallen Seed] very many levels is not explained, so we can only hope it is because Renner does not seem to have very many levels. Like, I'm pretty sure she is at under 10. BUT, she has really optimized base stats for bureaucracy and subterfuge in addition to her Talent, so if she can race change and start leveling up some, she could become a powerhouse

Have to agree to disagree then, I think it misses out a fair amount.

Enri's are hanging out in Carne not-quite-a-village-anymore.
Lupu's are probably back in Nazarick.

Becoming a ruler is boring. Why stay in one place when you can explore far off lands without having to think of the welfare of a country. Translators are slow and horrible as fuck though. I can admit its a shitty story but i enjoy it.

Climb won't tolerate this.

Where can I read the updated Overlord manga? I've been searching for a bit

Doppleganger, obviously
Suits her acting class perfectly, can spy on Climb as other people, etc

It certainly did miss a lot of content, there's no denying it. And I'd prefer that they do a better job with NW-er's POVs and internal monologues. I was really surprised how much I enjoyed Ainz vs Six Scriptures in LN compared to anime.

Internet or maybe Google

mangafox

>Renner will be able to seduce Climb while disguised as other women to make him feel guilty and and get off on it

Anime studios always have issues with VN's or LN's that rely heavily on internal monologues and fair enough it is not an easy thing to portray. However in the anime Ainz just seems to be built up as this really powerful guy without goals or motive. (It never really nails his feeling of loneliness, such as after the fight with shalltear) something which the manga manages to capture fairly well.

Any manga hosting site, kissmanga etc.

>It never really nails his feeling of loneliness
The scene was there though, in the last episode. Guess it wasn't good enough for everyone.
But, the one thing I really enjoyed in anime was Ainz' anger. Do you think they did a good enough job with that? I think his outrage after the wish failed was portrayed quite nicely.

Well yeah but the full shalltear fight was quite a mess imo.

>But, the one thing I really enjoyed in anime was Ainz' anger. Do you think they did a good enough job with that? I think his outrage after the wish failed was portrayed quite nicely.
I agree, but all the props for that go to the VAs on it. They all did a wonderful job and the drama CDs are just a blast too because of them

>animated vol 7
>webms with Ainz head replaced with Pepe

>"Oya, boyo~ You workin' hard? Why dontchya take a break from bodyguardin' and get to workin' on my body?"
>"I must apologize, madam. But I cannot disregard this duty given to me by the princess. Aside from which, only she can turn my eyes..."
>"O-oh, is that right... W-well, bye then!"
>goes into the other room and masturbates furiously

trying
>Licensed, not available
Thank you

>implying Climb sounds that cool