Demi Chan Overrated?

Does Demi-Chan actually suck? The first EP left me disappointed, here is why.

Hikari is super cute but I don’t know about Demi humans being seen as normal. A succubus who is shy and avoids contact hmm... The great thing about vampires is their intention to harm humans and the viewing/reading of how that struggle between evil and humanity unwraps is one of the reasons why the monster genre is so popular.

I don’t like this teacher setting of daddy taking care of the girls either, it is uninspired and boring. K-on, for example, had a teacher involved but it was about the girls exploring, or even conquering the world, by conquering their own or collective obstacles. Not being taken care of by daddy/mommy.

Also, the narrative being told from an adult perspective is like a no go for a high school setting, defeats the purpose. I will watch EP 2 though.

>Does Demi-Chan actually suck?
She is a vampire, after all.

You can drop it and watch Tokyo Ghoul instead.

First demi thread I've seen since saturday, please don't die.

They had a fucking SUCCUBUS TEACHER and they blew it.

Now I'm not saying she should be fucking all the students every episode but she barely got any time at all, It was fucking Hikari this and Hikari that.

I'm not mad just disappointed.

I don't think it's that interesting.
The girls are pretty boring, I feel the characters lack purpose.

>Tokyo Ghoul

there is no thread about it right now despite being popular because of how shit it is

I think you're missing the point of the anime where a lot of the things you think you believe about demis are just legends that come from fear. They are different but not much.
Then again you only saw the first episode. The rule says you have to watch 3.

theres a few cute scenes and memorable characters, but its pretty fucking shit. this is also a repost from op.

I wish there would have been some kind of conflict between Hikari and the teacher instead of 'you wanna ask questions, I will tell you everything while I am cute'. But having watched only one EP I cannot make a judgement yet.

Repost? I wrote this OP just now. I rarely post or lurk here desu.

Did Funhaus make this thread?

>Only watched ep1
>talking about rating at all

Keep watching.

It's nice having a teenage character that doesn't act like a bitch.

Really? I dropped the show because the lack of Hikari. It seems to be focusing too much on the slut teacher than the slut headless whore

Dullahans are shit, agreed

Basically only good for rimming you while you fuck them. Who wants to romance that?

Ironic insulting of best girl is still insulting best girl.

>It seems to be focusing too much on the slut teacher than the slut headless whore
How many episodes have you watched? Cause Sensei gets the LEAST amount of time.

That's still too much.

In the manga does the teacher eventually get arrested for fucking all his students and coworker?

I choose 5 shows to watch per session.
Most of time I choose Sup Forums most comented anime.

In the first week, Demi-chan had a lot of thread, but now I think that I made a big mistake choosing Demi-chan over Kemono friends.

Kemono is more popular but looks like garbage. This is less popular but panders to teens with body and self identity issues. Both are shit.

I agree this anime fell flat on its face. First off the MC is a weirdo old man who gets his rocks off to high school girls. And lets not forget about how shitty the girls are.

The vampire is annoying as fuck and purposely makes life hard for the MC

Dullahan is just stupid who wants to be with a girl who has to carry their head everywhere

The snow women bores me to tears and has the personality of a paper bag

The only saving grace is the alcoholic succubus and even then she still manages to fuck everything up

If the show made it any more obvious what it was about it would be screaming it in your face, and yet Sup Forums still doesn't get it and asks 'lol where da generic archetype girl at'

Overrated? No. It's a good seinen slice of life show. But, of course, if you expect a vampires_monsters show, it's definitely not for you.

>MC is a weirdo old man who gets his rocks off to high school girls
why is that bad
and am i responding to pasta

>hmm...

people would have to care about this show for it to be overrated

Demi Chan is superb and is basically fit to be underrated.

Forgoing any of the standard tropes, we have a male lead who can distinguish between adult and student affection. We also have a good hierarchy of character exposure, with the male lead at the helm and a clear, descending order of story significance and interrelationships.

The staffing of voice actors and music is excellent. They chose young talent with big skills to work with their budget, and the result is a great, great voice cast.

The storyboards suggests acute attention was paid toward making good use of space. The mise-en-scène is only ever cluttered for a reason, and the perspective is meant to transport audiences into the action tastefully. Like your screenshot, OP - that was taken from 'cell phone video' that the teacher received from Vampy, and the whole video plays like a video clip in the scene.

I feel the staff working on this show have a good sense of where redundancies and excesses exist in the field of anime production. It is no coincidence that my praises are going toward this show's unique and subtle novelty, and the lead director is working as head director of a whole series for the first time in his career.

Demi-Chan is perfect in all its symmetries. For this reason, it is easily overlooked. There are no lofty or ambitious aims - you are meant only to appreciate the interplay before you, which endeavors and succeeds not to inflame a seasoned viewer's sensibilities.

Watch it and enjoy.

Yes, my 'overrated' comment was probably based on people around me liking/posting about it.

Will remember that...

That is close to how I perceived it.

Interesting points, I will watch another episode. I like how you noticed so many details and intentions. I guess most perceive them mostly subconsciously and only notice them if they are bothered by something. I know I do.