Where were you when Toei BTFO Kyoani making the same anime in the same year?

Where were you when Toei BTFO Kyoani making the same anime in the same year?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YDTSvPyOuKw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cool JPEG

Nice.

2005 anime has a nice look to it.

Actually the original image file was like 400x136 and I stretched it because I couldn't be bothered redownloading both series and making a better comparison pic.

If you gave me the timestamps I would.

Would current Kyoani make a better Dragon Ball Super than current Toei?

Can you imagine the kawaii ~uguu Mai? I can't.

They'll only animate the scenes where the girls go shopping together

I like more KyoAni shits than Toei shits.

KyoAni's Kanon >Toei Kanon
It's a ridiculously huge power gap.

Toei's art sticks closer to the original VN but it's not a good idea

Kino

Toei's Air >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kyoani's Air

Power gap is about the size of the universe^100

Never seen Air, but am a fan of Kanon and Clannad. Worth seeing?

Can't disagree as I don't know.

So it's 1:1

KyoAni Clannad > OH WAIT NO TOEI CLANNAD

Remember the retarded violin girl in Clannad and Makoto in Kanon? Well the ones in Air are worse to the point that it is unwatchable.

It'd be significantly better.

>Toei's art sticks closer to the original VN

How...?

Ah shit.

Kotomi I instantly skip on rewarded.

Makoto isnt that bad. At least Shuiichi's humor makes up for it.

For Kanon as the VN was dogshit art stylewise and so was Toei's adaptation.

Is this a joke? Anyone who's been around back then knows KyoAni's Air was much better received. The OP entered NND pantheon.

youtube.com/watch?v=YDTSvPyOuKw

Dont believe the haters.

Air is pretty much Key's best work. And KyoAnus' too.

It's Yuuichi, but yeah. He also made Kanon the best series of the bunch.

Though I like air-headedness in general.

>For Kanon as the VN was dogshit art stylewise and so was Toei's adaptation.

..What? I legit can't make sense of this.

KyoAni's Air was better, but looked like dogshit because they tried to stick to the original artstyle in the VN.

Toei's adaptation looked better but that's about the only thing they had going for it.

What? Two different animation studios worked on the same anime? Why the hell would they do this? I mean I knew Air and ke's other popular works but I didn't know that there was a different studio making air at the same time.

>but looked like dogshit
The countless domestic "best visual" awards tell otherwise, new friend.

Clannad has stronger characters, better girls, and Akio is best character... and Tomoya/Yunohara are funnier. Yuuichi is far more badass though.

KyoAni made a TV series.
Toei made a movie.

Nigga, how many times do I have to type Kanon before you fucking read it.

KANON, A VN FROM KEY, LOOKS LIKE SHIT.
TOEI'S ANIME VERSION OF IT HAD SHIT ART. KYOANI'S VERSION OF ****KANON**** LOOKS GOOD

Don't bully the Airs

Yuuichi also goes for the best girl.
And I don't agree with Clannad having better girls, their more mature appeal doesn't work on me, as I like smaller, cuter girls.

>Worth seeing?
The Kyoani TV Series is a horribly paced, horribly executed mess with good animation.

The Toe Film is far better executed with a smaller, tighter script, although the pacing is a bit too fast (condensed to film length). Animation is a bit better than the TV series. Art direction is god tier, one of the most visually stunning anime of the last 15 years.

For idiots like yourself, sure.

Toei film was shit, and KyoAni literally made a big name as Key adaptation maker because their AIR was just so good, new friend.

>And I don't agree with Clannad having better girls, their more mature appeal doesn't work on me, as I like smaller, cuter girls.
I can't really debate this. Well, okay, I'll leave it up to you.

Kanon's best girl is autistic sword girl.
Well... I can't hate on main girl. She is surprisingly likeable despite her weaknesses.

Toei Misuzu a cute.

I'm so confused which to watch... I guess I can watch both.

>no argument
No problem, such is the nature of you drone-like Kyoani idiots. You probably haven't even seen either version.

Go for it.

One of those anons is talking out of his ass.
Protip: It's not the one with clearly verifiable facts like KyoAni becoming the Key adaptor of choice.

I've seen both, and hate FujoAni more than you ever will, that doesn't mean I'm an uninformed newfag like you who spout shit out of pure hatred.

Still no argument, you haven't said anything beyond "k-kyanite became the main key adapters", which is just more droning. You really are a worthless idiot.

>bumping the thread
Dumbass.

Think about budget too, current KyoAnus would probably be better for 3 or 4 episodes but the money would run out really fast. But with that same money Toei could spawn 25+ episodes thanks to their chinese drawing slaves, but obviously quality would be shit but.

It's more like a quantity/quality dilema now, and all thinking about the profit margins, because in DBZ case, and probably same as precure/saint seiya/naruto, somehow people will buy their shit.

All I remember about the Toei movie was Yukito punching Misuzu's dad in the face.

>comparing a film budget with an anime budget
And Kyoani still won

All of Key's Nakige adaptions are awful just like their source material.

Kyoani had nothing to do with the OP song. The same song was used in the VN.

Why exactly did Toei animate three of the same Key games as Kyoani around the same time as them?

Why does Toei do anything...

>FujoAni
>using memes this outdated

>outdated
How is it outdated, when it's true?

More like EstrogenAni

I've seen both, and this is a lie.

Sometimes I really forget that Air was done by KyoAni.

>tfw been a KyoAnifag for at least 12 years

It's funny that in this image the Kyoani version is obviously worse, because this is how it looked to me when comparing S1 Haruhi with post-K-on S2 Haruhi, getting away from that Key look was an obvious improvement, and yet everyone was complaining about it, not only because it was a deviation from what they're used to, but because of the negative meme connotations that came from looking a little K-on-ish, which it was cool to hate at the time.

Face it, Key shit is fucking hideous looking.