Hey so I just saw this nightmare, ask me stuff

Hey so I just saw this nightmare, ask me stuff.

>saw it as a preview with a friend from a newspaper, so he could be like "My turboweeb anime geek friend saw it with me and thought _____"
>it's a decent movie if you don't know what you're seeing but as Ghost in the Shell it fails massively
>The trailer lied, the "making of a cyborg" sequence and the iconic turning-invisible-as-she-jumps-off-a-building shot aren't in the movie.
>The Major's name is Mira. This is a constructed personality with false memories to go with her new body, she's actually a Japanese woman and meets her mother, who recognizes her, but not the other way around
>There's no bait-and-switch with Batou as the main character or love interest, which I didn't expect from a hollywood adaptation. The Major is the main character and she's gay as fuck.
>The thing that triggered my autism is that they completely flipped the central conflict around: The Major feels like she's not a real person, like she has no soul because she's a cyborg
>No think-tanks, all of Section 9 besides Batou just sort of stops existing halfway through the movie
>Kuze is the villain, he was the Major's husbando before she was turned into a cyborg and had her mind overwritten, and became a hacker/terrorist to try and free her from the corporation that made her.
>The last quarter of the movie gets very confused, the Major alternates between wanting to team up with Kuze to take down her masters and wanting to be a good cop and hunt him down - I think they were going for her constructed mind fighting her human soul (they say soul, not ghost) but it doesn't work and instead feels like two conflicting scripts spliced together.
>The ending is too stupid to put into words. Even some of the normalfags were asking "what the fuck"
>There is no post credits sequence.

Not your blog.

Why are you blogging?

>Nobody on Sup Forums cares about Ghost in the Shell!

Thanks OP, saved me a ticket. Is it worth a pirate?

Well, you weren't expecting a good Hollywood adaptation, right?

So now we definitely arent getting a Battle Angel Alita/Gunnm movie huh?

>Kuze is the villain, he was the Major's husbando before she was turned into a cyborg and had her mind overwritten, and became a hacker/terrorist to try and free her from the corporation that made her.

lol

>parroting memes without understanding

>The ending is too stupid to put into words. Even some of the normalfags were asking "what the fuck"

details, please. I really don't want to see this travesty

That'd be James Cameron if he ever finishes with the Avatar movies, and the way that guy works it'd probably be loyal to the source material.

Yeah this. How bad are we talking? Spoil away

>The Major is the main character and she's gay as fuck.

Is this gay in the homosexual sense or gay in the casual derogatory sense?

Also,
>The trailer lied, the "making of a cyborg" sequence and the iconic turning-invisible-as-she-jumps-off-a-building shot aren't in the movie.

What moron decided this was a good idea.

Were the props and special effects decent?

They released a few videos from the sfx team to shill the movie and they seemed to at least pretend they cared about the effects.

Honestly doesn't surprise me at all.

I knew that there weren't gonna be any philosophical shit, but still wtf.

It probably still do well depending on what other movies are being released on the same weekend.

>saw it as a preview with a friend from a newspaper
>ask me stuff

Did you hold hands with your friend?

Thanks for the preview
>No think tanks
May it crash and burn

kek

What's with Hollywood and making stories somehow both overly cryptic and extremely cliche.

The writer should just up and kill himself at this point.

Snow White and the Huntsman and now this... Like learn when to quit your day job dude.

don't be jealous just because you don't have friends user

Isn't that just the director?

OP and his friend~
Sittin in a tree~

Didn't expcet her to be gay when hollywood made it? Whut?

Ah, you're right.

Meh, so she was in original and even in SAC.
Otherwise sounds like 3/10 dump Hollywood blockbuster with retarded plot and lots of explosions. Will download 720p BDRips after they become available if I don't forget.

It's because Hollywood execs and test screenings demand checklist of shit in the films while writers struggle to juggle all that into a limited time span.

>>The trailer lied, the "making of a cyborg" sequence and the iconic turning-invisible-as-she-jumps-off-a-building shot aren't in the movie.
Enough to trigger """"""""fans"""""""" autism. This shit is going to flop.

>making of a cyborg sequence isn't in the movie
Fucking why? Is perfect for the credits at the start. Fans will love it as a "homage" and normies would either like it or call it a copy from Matrix.

Hope it flops so we don't see anymore shitty Hollywod adaptions.

I'm so happy this is even shittier than everyone thought. Can't wait for the reviews shit on them. In fact, it would be funnier if they say it's good.

>>The Major's name is Mira. This is a constructed personality with false memories to go with her new body,

Is that how they're passing off their casting decisions?

>Japanese mother recognizes her cyborg Caucasian daughter

okay then?

It's about as bad as I was expecting. Thanks for saving me a ticket OP.

>don't be jealous just because you don't have friends user

Last time I watched a movie outside home was in 2004, the movie Troy with Brad Pitt. I went to the movies with my sister and her friends.

I don't even know if I can buy one single ticket. Do they sell it?

>one ticket please
>just one? Where are your friend?
>I d-don't...
>Where is your gf?
>I d-don't
>hey, look at this guy! He is going to watch a movie alone! Look at him and laugh!

I am afraid of every couple looking at me and laughing.

>being this insecure

Jesus fucking christ, you are pathetic.

Just dress up like a hipster elitist and they'll think you're a critic.

>this movie is successful
>american media execs realize anime is marketable in america
>they start throwing money at japanese artists to make more cool shit
>anime with budgets like we've never seen before start getting made
>anime with good english voice acting gets made
>serious film adaptations of anime get made
>series that are popular in the west but stupid anime people don't make more of like haruhi and spice and wolf start getting more seasons
>good shows go on for longer

I don't know what you guys want this to fail, only good can come from it.

Nice blog, fuck off and kill yourself.

Thanks to the magic of technology, you can now buy movie theater tickets through the internet, where no one can see your embarrassment.

>The thing that triggered my autism is that they completely flipped the central conflict around: The Major feels like she's not a real person, like she has no soul because she's a cyborg

It's some time since I've watched the GitS 1995 movie but isn't this at least partially on point? If I remember correctly, Major wasn't sure if her ghost is genuine or just a scripted program, what with being an 100% cyborg. So she wasn't sure if she's a real person with a ghost or just a robot with scripted programming. Seems pretty close to your report, unless I understood it incorrectly.

The rest sounds awful, though. I guess I won't support this shit with my money and will just wait for the BR rip to come out.

>through the internet

sounds like tedium

I bet it's a scene trying to tall you that her mother recognizes her "soul"

>I don't know what you guys want this to fail, only good can come from it.

Everything you listed after "big budgets" won't happen. They'll throw lots of money at licensing anime titles that still turn out horribly.

Hollywood plots have to be condensed to fit 2 hours, it wouldn't work.
Good English voice acting requires having the lip flaps from the source.

You think anyone else going to see this movie has friends let alone a gf, theyd expect it

no one gives a fuck about you. Just go, seriously.

>they start throwing money at japanese artists to make more cool shit

Even if this did happen, there'll be all sorts of contractual obligations to include ideas and themes that appeal to American ideology

are you single user?

>new season of pretty cure includes licensed pop songs, emojis, and twerking

Because we saw them trying, and we predicted them failing, because they were doing it wrong form the start.

If they fail now, in a decade someone will try again but they would try something diferent.

Did ScarJo manage to demonstrate at least a little of the aura of competence of the Major?

>the iconic turning-invisible-as-she-jumps-off-a-building shot isn't in the movie
Stopped reading there.

That's not how Hollywood works.

Basically nothing you've described in terms of anime popularity surge will come from Hollywood.

Marvel movies didn't cause more comic IP to bloom, it didn't even create a surge of animated marvel movies, hell, only reason why shows exists is because it's Disney who has their own freaking channel.

I actually wanted a little Batou/Major flirting...

I wish I could live in the same world as you, it sounds very nice unlike the one I live in.

nobody, and I meant it, nobody gave a shit when you watched movies on cinema whether you're alone or with friends

>everyone falling for Sup Forums memes

STOP

They raped the plot. Will not watch.

I salute your sacrifice. Maybe I'm going to download that crap just for curiosity

Things that would never happen: the post.

You are the cancer ruining this board

So about what can be expected from Hollywood. Oh well, still better than Dragon Ball Evolution at least?

>>The trailer lied, the "making of a cyborg" sequence and the iconic turning-invisible-as-she-jumps-off-a-building shot aren't in the movie.
Putting iconic scenes in the marketing but not actually in the film? That's just shameful.

No, these are. And you too.

>I am afraid of every couple looking at me and laughing.
Nobody will care.
You'll show up at the counter, the hall will be crowded, no one will pay any attention to you aside from the cashier who absolutely can sell single tickets and is usually fine with selling anything considering how theaters are being deserted these days.
None of the Sup Forums memes about going to the movies alone are real. Loads of people do this. The only people who only go to movies with other people are turbonormies.

no reply from OP yet, hmmmm

Nope, people spouting memes without even knowing what they mean are cancer, especially when they're trying to seem like rulefags

Wait, fucking really?

This can't be real. That's just fucking retarded from an advertising perspective.

You can buy tickets over the web now. Just make sure the place you go to doesn't have a no singles policy in effect

How'd you know? You're a janny?

I've been going to movies alone for the past decade.

Just fucking do it if you want to watch it, no one really gives a shit.

>actually wanting japan to care about what americans think

I want american retardation to stay in america.

no mate, he hasn't responded to anyone asking questions like when I asked about the ending earlier. unless it got buried under all the shitposts about people being too insecure at the theatres

Maybe you'll get to hear Batou yell MOTOKOOOOOOO

Itd have to be MIRAAAAAAAAAAAA instead

How bad is it compared to Dragonball Evolution?

>he hasn't responded to anyone asking questions like when I asked about the ending earlier
Maybe because the actual replies started 90 goddamn minutes after the first post?

It's citizen kane

So it was a Pandora adaptation?

>being this pathetic and self-absorbed
Nobody gives a fuck how you watch your movies.