Should the right to be forgotten be something that's actively enforced now that the internet makes it possible for...

Should the right to be forgotten be something that's actively enforced now that the internet makes it possible for things to be stored forever?

Look at the kid. His life is ruined forever now because of his sister. She's even given interviews and given it his full name and age. Whenever an employer in the future looks for info on this kid, that's going to know he did this. Why shouldn't the government remove this kind of material from the web if there also going to prosecute anyone who posts pictures of people like Venables who molested and killed a toddler?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2142469/Mitt-Romney-held-gay-taunt-classmate-cut-hair-school-attack.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>It says here that when you were 3 years old you did something retarded that only a 3 year old would do, why should we consider you for this job?

This pretty much sums it up.

People just need to learn to judge these things accordingly. Kids do retarded things sometimes.

>It says here that when you were 10 years old you did something retarded that only a 10 year old would do, why should we consider you for this job?

>10 year olds regularly murder children

Nice false equivalency there, dumb cunt

>regularly

Never said that.

Eitherway, the police regularly censor any information regarding Jon Venables, even when he's caught with cp, so why protect monsters instead of people who did something stupid when they were younger?

piss drawer. my god thats master level.

plot twist, it really WAS the dog

There's no way to remove the picture from the internet, but maybe he can sue his sister for psychological damage.

I don't think this is the issue. The issue is more things like:
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2142469/Mitt-Romney-held-gay-taunt-classmate-cut-hair-school-attack.html
In college, Mitt Romney did something stupid, LIKE WE ALL DID. Then forty years later he had to deal with it during a presidential run. Remember, up until about 100 years ago, if you wanted to, you could just move to a different state and start a new life and no one was the wiser. The ability to do a reset is gone and it's going to cause more and more problems because no one is perfect.

Or, we as a society could learn to accept that people are imperfect. Which is basically one of the first Christian teachings. We all fall short of the glory of God.

if someone cut my hair I’d cut off their head there’s a lot of thigs that are just dumb kid shit but you don’t fuck with the hair

People under the age of 18 should not be allowed to use the internet.

Yea it's fucked. I especially hate the ones where people are coming out of surgery and they ask them questions to make them upset. Most double digit IQ "normal" people are closer to sociopaths and social media exacerbated it.

his life isn't ruined ffs. Nobody cares.

>this is literally his life from now until he's out of compulsory education

might as well be ruined, major news outlets even reported on this kid

That's the direction we're moving in, but realistically it will take generations. Only once everyone alive has had their entire lives from birth to death on the internet will that kind of transparency be accepted.

are us people are really that retarded?

I seriously do wonder how in the fuck future politicians are going to cope with all of the stupid shit they posted online as kids/teens. By the time they're old enough to realize that maybe they -shouldn't- be sharing all of their personal details online, it's far too late.

I'm quite thankful in that I never had much of a social media presence, and the only account in which I ever used my real name was a Facebook account I deleted years and years ago. There's some questionable/cringy stuff I posted on a forum a decade ago, however, and it's the first result if you happen to know one of my old usernames. I'm sure most kids these days have it about 10x worse than that. You can look up their name, and the first thing that comes up is probably some really unpleasant shit they don't want an employer to see 10 years down the road.

t. memeflag

>implying Americans use mum

>mom found the piss drawer
/r9k/ the early years

If idiot Bruce was wearing his cowl this would be a non issue. That's why he owns it for fucks sake

Jesus you psychopath.

I'm Gen X. My kids have no social media presence. They are the heart of the Homeland generation and they are properly suspicious of it. They have all their privacy settings so clamped down that they can't use their devices to their full potential. Oversharing is a problem of retarded millennial creation, and though bad example, solution.

BTW, my daughter searches her teachers' online presence like she was the DHS and sends them friendly advice--via an user email--about tightening up their social media presence. It's irrational how much people put out there, and it's shocking how much is just out there for the taking. Don't add to it.

>I'm Gen X. My kids have no social media presence.

Well, that you know of.

>His life is ruined forever now
oh come on, every kid has a piss drawer when he's fucking 3

Is it really that shameful that he hasn't discovered piss bottles yet?
He's fucking three dude give him a break.

>using (((social media)))

whew

Solid point. They learned security from me, and I'm reasonably competent. Once they know enough to bypass me, they'll be old / wise enough to be safe. I do know they have vast (hilarious) fake online presences and have taken steps to permit their friends to communicate with them through apps that bypass parental controls by seeming innocuous, like Linkedin and Slack. It's helpful that so many places have filtered internet, to facilitate their learning how to bypass that and stay user. (Their K-8 school did not filter internet in any way, it made them pretty tough / wary / prudent / jaded.)

I do know that my daughter and her friends are master shitposters here, and I'm actually proud of what they have triggered.

Homeland Generation (which many of you are) will fix this shit right up. It's one thing to not trust Zuckerberg, it's next level to actively bullshit that system, to decrease its reliability.

>BTW, my daughter searches her teachers' online presence like she was the DHS and sends them friendly advice--via an user email--about tightening up their social media presence.
Autism runs in the family.

>tfw instead of a piss drawer i had a frog drawer
>literally puts frogs in drawer to keep as pets but they ended up dying and i had to put the ones that were alive back outside

Of course it's women and faggots that spread this shit the most.

>"Lol, the right to privacy is dead. We need to accept eachother in this new modern age of no privacy"
Kill yourself.

EXACTLY! No snapchat sluts in my house. No piss drawers though, guess you can't have everything.

Speak for yourself heretic
*casts stone at you*