If you don't buy a house now you will be priced out FOREVER

Other urls found in this thread:

houston.craigslist.org/apa/d/woware-you-serious-3br-1bth/6418043992.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don't know which i kick myself over more not buying a house or not buying bitcoin. houses at least normal people are smart enough to buy. but not me. not me.

actually yer premise is off. what will happen is the exact copy of the 2008 reset. Meaning prices plunge and folk walk away from their mortgages. it's a bank run land grab really

You dont buy a home as an investment.

You buy a home because you have to have one. Its an inelastic-commodity.

Nothing is priced out forever

One of my coworkers bought a vacation home at a popular tourist trap during the housing crash, then started AirBnB on it and now he has that as a side gig. I'm somewhat jelly

>muh prices mean a bubble meme
The relevant data point is whether people are making their mortgage payments.

A home can be both a necessity and an investment.

Next housing bubble I plan on investing in run down shitholes (roach motels) in the ghettos.

I know for Houston HUD pays 428$ per bedroom.

A 3br house is almost 1300$ per month.

>Buy house in ghetto.
>put in tile floors throughout
>shatter resistant windows
>get rid of hollowcore doors and go steel even on interiors
>alabaster molded countertops
>Hardiplank sidings
>Hardiplank instead of sheetrock interiors

Basically make the houses indestructible. Rent to HUD so Tyrone and Shaniqua can have their 6 keeds in there and collect a 1300$ paycheck everymonth.

Even if I drop 70k between upgrades and house it will pay itsell off in 6 years.

houston.craigslist.org/apa/d/woware-you-serious-3br-1bth/6418043992.html

Also, put drains in the floor so you can just spray it down

Don't kick yourself too hard. I bought a foreclosure in 2012 and have $230k in equity with a $230k mortgage. That must mean I made a shit ton of money, right?! They only way I come out ahead is if I sell under the current market and move an hour away from my job.

lol commercial grade housing for niggers

Do you have the same problem we have in the UK where more and more property ends up in the hands of private landlords?

Yes but we have tons of room to build. New home construction is a major economic indicator here.

Just put bars on the windows, a razor wire fence and maybe armed guards oh shit it's prison.

Supposedly trailer parks make a fucking killing off of government checks.

>Even if I drop 70k between upgrades and house it will pay itsell off in 6 years.

Unless you are in the housing trade, all money will end up in the trade, this is not a business you can run remotely.

The reason real estate values are rising is due to artificial inflation by banks. Banks are taking starter homes off the market very quietly and at an alarming rate, and they are doing it through foreclosures in the REO departments.
The lending crisis in 2008 didn't affect the cookie cutters and mcmansions as much because those were immediately put back on the market because the interest on the higher price yields the banks more money. By holding onto the starter homes they have effectively reduced the supply of available homes which drives the price of the homes on the market up significantly.
You can still beat the banks, but you have to be willing to do your own legwork.

Prices have moved up this year but 15 and 20 year fixed mortgages are still very inexpensive. You have to be more careful on the purchase side but it's still a good time to buy.

What do you mean?

The banks are deliberately removing starter homes from the market?

slumlording is actually a house building business.

Yes and no. More properties are being bought by landlords, but most landlords are negotiating these deals without realtors and banks.
The problem is these banks not putting starter homes that they foreclose on back on the market. They'll write a bad loan to someone who shouldn't even be getting a loan, foreclose on the house in a few years, and sit on it forever. They write off the property taxes and expenses to maintain the property as a loss, they write the bad loan off as a loss, then they sit on the property and cash in on the equity for more leverage.
It's a very clever scam that makes them a lot of money in a lot of ways by fleecing the average person. It's been going on for a decade, and people should be more livid than they were about the bailouts because the bailouts were just insult to injury.
t. ran a property preservation company for years until I was able to start buying investment properties myself. Many of the properties I maintained in 2010 still haven't been put back on the market. I know because I watch for them as I want to buy several of them for investment purposes.
If you want a fair deal on a starter home you need to find the old people in your neighborhood that have lived in the same house for 50 years and befriend them. Be nice, help them out, try not to take any money from them unless they are absolutely insistent that you do. A lot of these old people have kids that don't help with shit and expect a windfall inheritance when they die, and they'd rather cut the friendly neighborhood kid an awesome deal than pad their ungrateful kids pockets.
I've picked up quite a few of my investment properties this way, and every time I've walked in the door with quite a bit of equity.

My 130m^3 apartment about 30km from a major Swiss city cost me 1.700.000. It has a nice view of the lake. But when I hear burgers complain about housing costs I just laugh

Yes. Let me ask you a question, how else do you reconcile the fact that a bank would intentionally write bad, predatory loans? They are a business so you would assume that they like to maximize their profits and they make their profits off interest, right? Think about it and let me know if you can come to any other conclusion that makes any sense.
Start paying attention to what properties around you are vacant, for how long, and if they are even listed.
In property preservation we would have a sheet taped to the back door with the banks info and would state whether or not the property has been winterized. We also keep the keybox on back doors now instead of front doors, but that has more to do with copper thieves capitalizing on a property that is obviously vacant than anything else. The only reason real estate agents don't do the same is because the big yard sign is usually an indicator anyway, so hiding the key box doesn't really make much sense.

Doing the work yourself saves you a bunch, and most municipalities allow you to pull the remodel permits under your own name as long as they can send an inspector out and verify the work is upto code.

Nah. Likely it’s just people’s tastes have changed so instead of making a colony of starter homes they make duplexes, condos, or apartments instead. Plus a huge number of ‘starter homes’ are just legit unlivable shitpiles that need to be bulldozed and cleared for new construction which will also be multi unit developments.

I don’t know why there isn’t rioting in the street over shit like this. How the fuck can young people own anything with that kind of expense?

Is that big or small? I'm a brainlet. Prices in Dublin are crazy but they're not that bad.

>tfw my somewhat wealthy parents said they would help with a deposit for a house

This answer is correct. You can't "invest" in a house, no more than one can invest in 1000 barrels of oil/a mountain of coal/a pile of gold. You can merely SPECULATE on price-movement.

The conflation of investing and speculating is one of the most harmful mind-viruses going.

I don't think so. Boomers are going to start dying off by the millions soon. Plenty of houses then.

Swede here. Only way i could ever feasibly buy a house is if i indebt myself forever, or move far out into the country.

I just want a white family :(

>tfw living with parents to build up a down payment
>tfw keeping all my money until I have enough to get a house

You don't understand what a starter home is. And peoples tastes can change all they want, the reality is that most people can't afford these cookie cutters.
And no, starter homes aren't the dilapidated properties that should be bulldozed but aren't because the city can tax the property more if there is a structure on it, and you have to have the city's permission to doze it. There is an old glass factory in Jeannette, PA that burned down decades ago and the city won't let the owner doze it because they are afraid he won't redevelop it, so he stopped paying his taxes and the city is left holding the bag because they can't afford to doze and develop it themselves.
But I'm sure you've worked in the industry and have friends that are investors, developers/builders, and people that work on the finance/lending side too.
This is the way nearly every investor starts off. There isn't a lot of profit in owning a handful of properties, but once you get up to 30 or so you can start making good money, enough to start hiring crews to do the work for you.
My investment group and company have to portfolios each; one for flip starter properties where we go in and bring the property up to date and up to code and sell it for a modest gain (sometimes we actually lose a little, but risk is risk) and a portfolio for long term holdings (10+ years) that we rent out. The nearly dilapidated properties that can be bought for thousands of dollars go in the flip portfolio while the turn-key properties get tenants.
We've also started making money off the dilapidated properties by putting small mining farms in them since we don't have to worry about code and occupancy compliance issues to get some ROI until we're ready to go in and renovate.

It is a good hedge against inflation. But in reality not a good investment.

its actually faux prison style interior design

>Wealthy parents bought me a house work 315,000 so I can continue my Neet lifestyle

What's a "small mining farm" and how in the world would that help

You can't invest in a single property, I agree. I do believe that there is an exception to every rule, and the exception here is that you can call it an investment if you foresee property values sky rocketing because of economic growth. I have a buddy that moved to CO and bought up a bunch of cheap properties before weed was legalized, and he no less than doubled his money on each one of them once the masses started migrating there which caused a shortage in supply and an excess in demand.

I know exactly what a starter home is dude. They just don’t get built anymore in huge sections of the country. At least in southern WI if you want like a 1500 sq ft house you’re going to be buying half a duplex or some shit they built 30+ years ago (likely much older). Between that and manufactured homes the starter home niche just isn’t a thing anymore. I’ve seen exactly one built in the last 10 years in my area and it was a farmer giving a plot for his son.

lmao same, and my good friend lives with me and pays me 500 a month for rent, essentially making my tax/homeowners insurance, maintenance all taken care of. I drive uber to pay for my little tech toys and jack off all day. life is fucking good, I am a next level NEET

Parasite

Do not. I fucking repeat do not rent to HUD or section 8 people. You can make the place indestructible and these people will still destroy and steal shit. I know two people that fell for the guaranteed income lie and both lost their homes. Literally destroyed. Ripped out plumbing, siding, everything they could. City forced condemnation and owners lost everything. It happens every day.

These people are trash. Not to mention trash. Cleaning it up every time someone moves. Thousands in repairs. No way to remove these terrible tenants even when you know they are destroying your property. They have more rights to your property then you do.

There are plenty of normal people to rent to. My duplex hasn't been empty for a day since I started renting 15 years ago. And that is being very selective with renters.

Don't do Section 8. Just don't. Look to snap up properties in cities with low vacancy rates and rent them to normal people.

>buying the bubble is fantastic
>prices will go up infinitely
I'll just pick an empty one and walk in after the pop.

Cryptocurrencies. We were mining bitcoin a few years back but now we're mining Ethereum, ZCash, and a few other alt coins.
It helps because sitting on a vacant property still costs us money and since we can't put tenants in these properties until we fix them, we just turn the electricity and internet on, get some hardware for a few thousand, and let the property start making a ROI right away as opposed to spending 10's of thousands to fix it up and get it inspected by the fire chief and code enforcement.
We average about 6-9 month turnaround from the time we own the property until it's been renovated and inspected if we start the work immediately. Some properties we buy don't get started immediately, sit vacant for several months because our crews are working on other properties, and are a pure loss for much longer than that. Mining simply allows us to mitigate theses costs at a cost, and even make some pretty damned good profits until we can get that ball rolling. We actually made more money mining these last two years mining than we would have if we had tenants in the property.
Basically it's a stop-gap.

It's a decent sized apart.
No one owns anything here until they're near retirement usually. Unless they started loaded. I had to put down 700.000 CHF as deposit to get the remaining as a loan.

Burgers don't realize how nice their housing market really is

its like 2008 all over again

>bought up a bunch of cheap properties before weed was legalized

This is still strictly-speculation, and you and your friend understand that, since you are essentially gambling, you need to spread and hedge your bets accordingly.
Also, let's not forget that most people are (((buying))) these houses with a mortgage, tfw you think your biggest liability is an asset.
I have no exposure to the property market right now, but I would look at income-generating properties first. Buy a home in cash, later.

>Meaning prices plunge and folk walk away from their mortgages.
I am in the process of selling a home now ONLY because I see what will happen. Right now, I stand to make 20k on a 2 year investment. When the bottom falls out, I will be backward for a few years. Hell, the home is worth 20k more now then it was when I bought it.

I know when something doesn't feel right, so now is the time to get out.

this

also make every single thing that could be glass in the house (light fixtures, etc) out of plastic

also also, do NOT.. i repeat DO NOT skimp out on plumbing. get a good plumber to put in high-flow plumbing because shaquanda will just flush her head pubes she shears off to hold her weave in place down the sink.

also also, make sure your bathroom is water tight because niggers will never clean and never ventilate it so there will be mold and mildew, guaranteed

i speak from experience. good luck

Thats odd considering I purchased my home 6 years ago, and have literally doubled my money. House is worth more than twice what I paid for it. Could sell it tomorrow and put a couple hundred thousand in the bank.

I'm in PA. A starter home here is usually a 100 year old house. Building a starter home isn't feasible in this economy right now, builders can't squeeze enough profit from them.
My sister and her husband bought one of those 200k cookie cutter homes probably 15 years ago or so, and by the second Thanksgiving they had to have someone come in and redo the drywall because you could see every seam. While there are good builders out there, they are few and far in between.
You don't build a starter home. The problem is everyone wants their first house to have oak floors, granite counters with Italian tiled baths because they got to be a baller from day one. That is not a starter home.
It's amazing we survived the 70's, 80's and 90's when you look at people today. What we want and what we need are two different things, and Americans want a mcmansion at starter home prices. Get real.
100% this. Sure, the consistent money is nice at first but it will cost you more than you'll make in the long run every single time.

You don't realize the difference between our market and yours. You've had properties for a thousand years while we just started really building 150 years ago. Your landmass is about the size of NH and VT, two of our smaller states, and your population density is much higher than the average in the US.

Housing in America is ridiculous. Most people can't afford it anymore. It got to the point a few years ago where I moved into someone else's house without them knowing. I lived there for almost three years before I had to leave.

this
ill wait for the bubble to bust... again

Most investments are pure speculation. Speculation doesn't mean it is or isn't correct, speculation is making an educated guess based on limited information of future events.
>buy investments now, buy your own later
I've been living in the same $550/month rental house I've been living in since I was a wagecuck 7 years ago and I own several investment properties. I use other peoples money to pay for the houses, and only really stand to lose my down payments.
I don't do mortgages since my first property and I paid that off in a little over 5 years. I negotiate with the home owner, give them a down payment, hire the attorney to draw up the contract and file it with the county and pay it off within 4 years using the tenants money. I'm getting 100% of the equity at 10-20% out of my pocket of the actual cost with my company. My investment group pools money and buys outright, basically working in the more traditional manner.
I wish you luck. I lurk a lot, so if you ever have a question for me just drop it and hope I'm around. I love to share my unorthodox experiences because it's proof to people caught in the paradigm that there is another way, it just takes more work on your part.
I can verify this user knows what he is talking about. PEX is your friend because it's not really worth shit, unlike copper, so they won't steal it. Paint your sub-flooring so when the dogs and cats they aren't allowed to have piss and shit all over the place you're just out the cheap indoor outdoor carpet. And find your local builders surplus dealer and buy your shit from there.

I'm buying a home next October - may be too late

I'm trying to tell you that you are doing it wrong. Take my advice, do it my way, subvert the banks and builders that are cashing in on the lazy suckers, and fucking profit.
Go help that cranky old man in your area cut his grass. Take out that mean old ladies garbage. Watch what happens. You'd be surprised to find that these cranky old people actually feel a lot like a lot of anons, their so disgusted with their kids and society that they basically get jaded and check out.
Try it, it takes time and work but you will not regret it.
I've walked into every property with tens of thousands of dollars in equity from day one.

Thank you so much for the thoughtful response, user. This post gave me food for thought and I'm eager to hear more.
The part about the investment group is particularly interesting, I like the idea of a group pooling their cash together to buy outright, instead of individually getting butt-fucked as a small-fish by the banks. If you could elaborate on how you put that together, and the advantages that come with this approach, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Every market is different. There may be a bubble in some spots, but most markets have been gradually increasing in value ever since prices crashed.

If you are looking to settle down and have a good job, and a partner that also has a job...get a house. Why waste money on renting when you can almost always get your OWN house for a cheaper monthly cost? You get your own yard, don't have to deal with loud neighbors in apartment buildings, you can get yourself some doggos and renovate. Learn some handyman shit, and feel good about yourself.

I don't see how renting could ever be the superior option if you are planning in living in the same place for a long time.