ITT: Characters no one hates

That faggot was the worst part about the B/W games. Dunno about the anime, heard that it sucked though.

Huh? N was the only reason the story wasn't complete shit.
Sure it was still cliched as hell, but it was miles ahead of the usual drivel.

>Not posting Yotsuba.

Sorry pal, 2011's long gone and there's nothing likable about an intentionally generic mahou shoujo protag.

Yotsuba is a God

easy

The fact she wasn't the first thing posted in this thread begs to differ.

The black swordman and the blacked swordman.

Probably the closest to true in this thread so far.

This thread is called "Characters no one HATES", not "Characters no one LIKES".
Well, okay, some people might actually like her, but there's a huge reason to hate her for, you know, being little more than a McGuffin or for all those attempts to make audience pity her.

You mean this thread isn't ironic?

Well, I wasn't able to find anything to hate or
for so yeah, I assumed that it isn't.
Well, I feel sorta stupid now.

Miss me ?

Who's more hated?

Let's all love Lain

my waifu

Shinji no question. Sakura can just be ignored as a useless side character

Shinji is liked/hated 50/50. I've never met anyone who liked Sakura.

I'm probably the only one who hates this character

All I want is to get my hands on that pillow.
I would slowly, but thoroughly, separate all the dead skin and hair from the cotton and fabric of the pillow. This collection would be like my own personal Kumin. I would inhale it's overpowering scent every morning to remind myself what I live for.

Also these two.

well you're a nobody so it still fits OP's title

Easy.

N spent most of his screentime just kinda standing around making a couple speeches that changed absolutely nothing. He could've been removed from his own arc without affecting it much.

Nobody hates Tanya.

The problem with a character like N is that when you aren't able to write or present a nuanced argument the character ends up looking an ineffectual idiot. N was fine in concept and could have made for an interesting antagonist but any potential he did have was squandered by the game having to dumb down how it presented his basic message.

True

But he killed Jiraiya

i love this guy

I thought Suna was super cool and a bro. The other two were annoying

Prove me wrong

The tree?

He was also completely right.

It would have made sense if N was ideals but he got stuck with truth because Pikachu needed a lame excuse in the anime to lose all its experience.

How is his world not the one that stems from truth? Enslaving sentient beings and making them fight in glorified cockfights is clearly abuse.

THE
ROWER

You have to look at it from a bird's eye view. What N believes in, the separation of people and pokemon, is purely idealistic. It is not how the world is actually like, which is that people and pokemon go together, aka the truth.

God yes.

As opposed to the rest of this thread starting with the OP?

But keeping them together is hoping that someday battles will end and pokeball will no longer be used, i.e. an idea. Ns goal assumes that the nature of human and pokemon interactions remains as it i now, which is the truth.

ideal not idea

That makes no sense.

Why not, both sides are fighting for a "good" end. N's good hold to a more realistic view of the world.

Liberating pokemon from people is as far from realistic as you can get in the modern Pokemon world.

The realistic facet of his belief is that humans will never willingly free pokemon. He assumes their relationship will remain the same without his intervention, which is the truth. On the other side, is the assertion that people will somehow magically be persuaded to stop abusing them even if they stay together, which is far less realistic.

Absolutely impossible to hate.

You're making up things that weren't in the game and making it sound way more complicated than it was. N wanted people and pokemon to be separate while the other hero wanted them to work together. Based on the the current state of their world, which one sounds more idealistic, and which one more realistic, the truth? Here's a hint, the current reality of their world, the later case here, is more realistic.

I disagree with that. People don't change just because you hope they will, N took action to ensure a change while the hero clung to the status quo hoping it would just happen. The latter is far more idealistic than the former.

Who doesn't love some 2B