Garden of Words

>45 mins

Can you name another thematically strong narrative presented in less than 45 minutes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Dareka no Manazashi from the same director is only 6 minutes and much better written.

Hotorobi

Just watched it.

Wow, that was wonderful. Thank you for posting this, I wouldn't have found it anywhere else.

>I wouldn't have found it anywhere else
It won a fucking Oscar.

Well, I don't really pay that much attention to the Oscars. And for an Academy Award winner, it's really incredible how little its mentioned on anime boards.

More like thematically shit, just like most of Shinkai's works. The only saving grace was the ED song.

What was the part you didn't get?

I liked it for the cake teacher

This bored me to death

youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k

Every episode of Mushishi

I find all of this guy's stuff nauseating(well, haven't seen "Your Name" but I don't really plan to). I don't even know what it is exactly in most cases. It's like my being just instinctively rejects his stories.

>The only saving grace was the ED song.
Which was a cover from a song from the '80s

actually, the final song isn't that great, if you listen to it by itself. It's the whole thing that makes sense, images+indiced feelings+final climax+ending song put together make are suggestive. If you liked the Ed song maybe you didn't dislike the whole after all. Just like the ED song in 5 cms per second, I tried listening to it out of context, it's freaking terrible. And yet, used that way, it's so suggestive it hurts.

>35 minutes of nicely understated writing rich in subtext
>overwrought full blown crying in the rain climax

SHINKAIIIIII

You're an idiot
That song wasn't made for the movie. It's a J-Pop song from the '80s

>Mushishi
boring shit

You're an ass
I know those songs weren't made for the movies and I never stated so. My point is that they feel great in that context but they're actually very mediocre songs.

The two eps adapting Kokoro in Aoi Bungaku.

Any Kino no Tabi episode.

>thematically strong narrative
nice buzzwords

It's basically Kimi no na wa except less good, like every other thing Shinkai did.

Cowboy Bebop: Asteroid Blues

People who say something is bad should be required to name something they think is better.

I didn't say that it was bad, only that the post I replied to was written in a way that doesn't convey any meaning.

And I did offer something that is better.

Animation is one of those things where the best of the best are short films, and yet you dare to ask for recommendations while citing Garden of Words as something with a "thematically strong narrative"?