How would you fix SHAFT?

no fujoshi anime
no idol anime

This company will go bankrupt soon

Fate soon, fellow SHAFTfag

They'll just keep pumping out monogatari shit so I doubt they'll go bankrupt any time soon.

Kick Shinbo out so the staff can leave their comfort zone.

>This company will go bankrupt soon
Not as long as the Monogatari cashcow exists.

Replace their CG team with a competent one that has a leader who can say "no."

Monogatari has 1 movie, and 2, maybe 3 cours left on its belt. It will be over soon.

owari
monogatari end

>he doesn't know

dude

Original.

It's the only way.

they're not adapting the non rrg stuff are they? gay

>Bankrupt soon

Odd timing for you to write that consider ING they are one of the few studios to able to afford an anime Japan booth in their own rights. So long as aniplex and Sony music exists, Shaft will always able to pick up whatever IP to adapt it wants, and it always has Madoka to fall back on.

>This company will go bankrupt soon
>he doesn't know the government funded their season 2

>Low on money
>Make new Madoka film
>Lots of money

Repeat, company literally can never run out of money

>Low on money
>New Monogatari fig
>Enough money to make another 10 seasons
rinse and repeat

Fate apparently

hidamari s5

Since they've got animation slated for the next 2 years I doubt it.

They have the Fate series and Monogatari under their belts and both fund their entire repetoire. I just wish they'd do more shit like Sayonara Zetsubo but they don't see so I can't blame them for dodging that bullet.

Leaving their comfort zone will only make then go bankrupt. Love him or hate him he propelled the studio to stardom.

He also saved a few other studios from obscurity.

Shaft is financial healthy based on the public made business report

>Birthed JC Staff
>Got Seven Arc on the map
>Made Shaft a household name

He is no longer a director of series but a director of studios. Would be interesting to see if he would ever take the Maruyama and make his own studio.

Teach their staff how to use Adobe After Effects.
Uninstall MS PowerPoint from their computers.

They cut all ties with Aniplex and go back to being the weird studio.

Sangatsu no lion is an anime where every single chacater especially MC is a moeblob

The answer is so obvious it's actually ridiculous.

Madoka - season - two

They're scared of making money.

Honestly I am scared of Gen's writing more than Shaft handling it. He really began to fall off.

>Began

How was Thunderbolt Fantasy?

Yeah I would say around 2013.

That's what Sayaka is for. She'll absorb all the bad writing into her character alone.

Well they tend to leave their comfort zone quite often. They generally cycle 1 guarantee seller / 1 experimental series. It's just experimental anime doesn't sell nowadays and it's becoming pointless to do.

It's why Kyoani does the same moeblob loli shit all the time. It's a guaranteed market.

Shaft is the most successfull studio.

The only ones who have left their comfort zone at Shaft are the ones who left the studio.

My country now and before 2014.

It was the best animated thing of last year. The only problem is that the last episodes makes crave for more.

>. I just wish they'd do more shit like Sayonara Zetsubo but they don't see so I can't blame them for dodging that bullet.
They literally went above and beyond for SZS. It is hard to complain about a lack of sequels when they made so much of it, much more than could be economically justified.

NHK is giving them money to make shit now, they're fuckin set for life.

Actually they have to make Shinbo direct again. He's only director in name only; that's why Hidamari and SZS worked and Nisekoi and Mexico City Actors didn't. They're just applying his memes willy-nilly now because "they look cool".

Aniplex won't let them go. They're too big to fail.

Source?

That's why Shinbo needs to fuck off and stop breathing down their necks

Plus there's the fact of, well...pic related.

Sorry for making people cry again.

Shaft will go the way Gainax did. Not with a bang but with a whimper.

He has to actually direct so he can use their memes properly, is what I meant. Lock him in his office if necessary.

Problems with Gainax is they never had their own series. Almost everything they did was a collab with another studio. Shaft has been facing a brain drain with Rakugo director (sorry cant recall his new name) and Oonuma Shin as well as other great staff members. Even Tatsuwa left. Unlike Gainax, though Shaft trains new directors to replace the old ones. Look at 3 gatsu, Okada Kenjirou basically follows Itamura's footsteps. And Yase Yuki is a more unrefined Nobuyuki.

Overall they have a clear vision and a train that keeps going because they understand brand marketing. If only they would understand business more like kyoani they would be a strong studio.

For now they are a good studio since they at least show profits unlike most studios.

I would like to mention with their new shop opening up they are developing a better business vision. I'd say give it 5 years and we will see a more stable Shaft that won't need to rely on Aniplex as much.

>animated
Hmm

That's pretty good.

shinbo still works at storyboard from time to time.
the thing is shinbo was not really hired to be a director in the first place

What's the last thing he actually storyboarded? the madoka concept movie and some commercials?

Gainax are coming back
>Uru in Blue
>Gunbuster 3 in the works
>constant rumors about Panty and Stocking 2

Yeah nothing on TV since madoka episode 9.

yup and kakushigoto pv

Gainax has had 1 series a year since forever. Then OVAs and movies on top. They aren't exactly inactive but they just don't churn stuff out like other studios.

They have a steady output rate and get enough in sales and revenue from merch to keep them floating.

Neither studio is going to die.

Well they're doing good by giving us more 3-Gatsu but personally I want my FUCKING ZETSUBOU SENSEI SEASON 4 GODDAMNIT
>stop motion with accompanied digital and practical SFX is not considered animation
Come on now

Remove aniplex and take away any kind of money they could have.
Make them do an anime original and only give them a notebook, a scanner, a windows 98 computer and a cellphone camera.
Add 50gr of your favorite crystals.
???
Profit.

Was it stop motion? I thought they were filming in real time with puppeteers.

soultaker s2 when?

Yeah, it wasn't stop motion. It was performed by puppeteers and filmed, with digital effects added in post-production. Not "animated".

Please let Madoka die peacefully, if they keep milking the cow the sales could fall down to some low 20k territory where it could be easily surpassed on a seasonal base. I already live in a world where he latest nanoha season sold less than magical boys, don't make me suffer more.

I was huge Shaftfag in 2008-2011. I loved PPD, SZS, Bake, Madoka, that maid show and even Natsu no Arashi (which was trashed by every single mangafag). Now I just don't care about them because except for monogatari they stopped making anime I like or can enjoy. Even monogatari is not as exciting as it was before simply because it's not fresh and new as it was in 09. And now they jumped onto TM train and it probably means that I won't watch their show for another year or two,

So I agree with anons in this thread who suggest that Shaft should try originals. I like original shows because they have nice threads with speculation and discussion.

So we gon pretend that Shaft isnt going to make a movie based on a live action from the best and most veteran member at the studio.

3 gatsu became their first mainstream hit in a sense that its broadcasted to a wider audience.

Fate will probably be a 1 time thing, split cour probably. And with Gatari forever they will have enough time to show more progression.

AOTY 2016 but not an anime

SOTY**

The Kizu films got me interested in Monogatari again and 3-gatsu revived my love of Shaft. I'd love to see them do originals, but they are getting back into their stride. Even if you don't like Fate, they have that "Fireworks" drama film coming up as well.

She was too good for this shitty world

>Shaft
>Bankrupt
Nah, they've entered the school text book game. They're going to bag an entire generation.

>The japanese bento appealed to people in France so much that it has become popular there
Not really.
It's too small, you eat it too quickly, it doesn't justify an hour-long lunch break, so while a lot of folks here liked the idea, nobody really follows through.

I would be more scared if he wasn't involved. Remember Psycho Pass 2.

Proof?

So is Silver Link the future analog for Trigger?

No because the real talent at Gainax went to Khara not Trigger

Exclusively make hand-drawn anime.

I hope they get this series wrapped up soon because they've milked it out enough.

Otherwise Shaft makes generally good titles, the only particularly bad thing i can think of recently would be Koufuku Graffiti. Though I haven't seen Sasami-san which appears to be poorly rated. I wont mention that I fucking hate Nisekoi, but thats more subjective

Finish SZS.
Go bankrupt.

make more hidamari

This could unironically work.
Hidamari is a money machine. Not because it generates a large profit, but because even if you don't make a lot from it, it only takes two DVDs to cover the 10 bucks it costed to have a dude animate it with powerpoint on a thursday

Yes but hidamari is another aniplex show so shaft won't get much from it either way

Finish Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei.
Full anime for Kakushigoto too.
Animate the Sodachi parts of the rest of Monogatari.

Animate the Sodachi parts of the rest of Monogatari.
At the very least they should try Fiasco, if it sells then Monogatari off-season is safe to adapt it fully. And if it doesn't I already got what I wanted the most.

>constant rumors about Panty and Stocking 2

You fucking wish.

This is the most reasonable solution 10/10 SHAFT shall rise again.

It's too late, if you remove the aniplex parasite the host will also die. We just have to wait for them to burst from shaft's chest at this point.

Unfortunately you don't work with Aniplex. You slave for them.

You might say Shaft made a contract with them /0w0\

>No fujoshit
>No idolshit

That's bad?

>You might say Shaft made a contract with them /0w0\

I did not want to feel these feels again

>/0w0\
Kill yourself nigger.

you might say Shaft got shafted