Trailer's out yo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9PkY7CF3Tg4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>takes place in America
>name is still Kira

Both L and Light look like shit.

God, Light looks like such a faggot. Only good thing will be Dafoe

well L got BLACKED so there wasn't much help for him.

Willem Dafoe as Ryuk will probably be the best part.

ZURA JA NAI

DELET THIS

Why is this a movie and not a show?

yeah itd be much better if it was adapted as a tv series with multiple seasons

so aside the death note and ryuuk how is this death note?

looks nothing alike

I don't care about L being a nigger

Light isn't meant to look like some ugly fuck boy

He looks like some fucking junkie

I heard Misa (her name is Mia now) is gonna be a youtube star since it's the closest thing to transpose "jpop idol" onto

L becoming black was not needed but could be expected. But why the fuck does it look like completely shitty ? Adapting DN is fucking easy just keep the story and just localize it in USA. Even that was too hard for them

They're doing an American version as in different plot

That is itself is interesting since we already bombarded with the shitty live actions from japan telling the same shit

Now the problem is they got the worst people on board as the two main guys

I catch you... Kira.

They should have at least made the L actor grow crazy hair. Would have made up for him being black.

The second japanese movie had a better ending than the manga/tv show. Had the tv show ended that way, it would have been a 10/10 for me.

>Black L dies in the first ten minutes ala Lind L Tailor
>is replaced by someone who actually looks like L

What would your reaction be?

What went so right?

You mean Last name ?

I read it in the voice of that pirate from captain phillips.

>Willem Dafoe as Ryuk
I thought that was just a joke. This is great.

Ok
>real L is a woman
What your reaction ?

I'd probably parrot the stupid whitewashing argument because fuck adaptations. Hollywood go and stay go reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

>she's black, transgender and a muslim who is against ISIS
How do you respond?

I can't take someone who looks like that seriously when

>I'll be the god of the new world

Adam Wingard is absolutely fucking based and makes kino

this will be great

A shame Zac Efron was too old to play Light.

I would be really mad

>netflix original film

It fell that low, huh?

was the new one that came out last year any good?

You lot sucking off whitewashing crap, there are SEVEREAL japan live actions all subbed, what are you waiting for?

Now this movie besides ryuk could have did way better with the actors and light is the most shittiest one they chose

let's be honest they took too long to make this they should've just casted Zac Efron anyway.

I'd laugh my ass off.

But there's no way they're going to do that.

>hype up making one of the main characters black
>turn around and make it the criminal who was scheduled to be executed for heinous crimes black

The tears and butthurt would be great, but there's just no way.

>>she's black, transgender and a muslim who is against ISIS
>How do you respond?
I would say it is ingenious, because a transgender would have two names. And no one but a Deathgod would be able to know which one is official for the purpose of the Death Note.

They did worse than gits

They didn't even pull in someone known

Literal who that looks nothing alike

I wonder if black L speaks ebonics? That'd limit Kira's search to all African Americans quickly.

It's a movie?
I always thought it was gonna be a show.

>They didn't even pull in someone known
Willem Dafoe

i would be happy because there'd finally be a progressive role model in Death Note too.

>They didn't even pull in someone known
>Willem Dafoe

unfortunately only Japs know how to write good homosexual/transgender/futanari characters

I'm gonna watch it just for him t b q.h.

>Light is an ugly Jew
>N is a fucking nigge- oh wait..
Seriously fuck American media.

Looks like shit. Hollywood needs to stay from anime.

Who?

Light doesn't seem like a smart guy.

They're banking on brand popularity and hoping to keep costs down with cheap actors.

And Dafoe is Ryuk, so at least they got making Ryuk the best character right.

>gaijin trash

They should put this ending in. Anime didn't.

I mean for Light or L

Netflix has money how can they not get known people for characters that people will only watch this shit for?

What did it mean?

Light actually became a god.

>I like to pee on ants and watch them swim around in it. I sometimes wonder what they think of the mysterious yellow rain. They panic at first, mandibles flailing, running into each other, trying to escape the warm, bitter stream, but eventually the come to accept it, maybe even enjoy it. Really puts things into perspective. So Light, if you ever find yourself in doubt, just find an ant hill, and pee on it. You'll thank me later.
I'm not sure if I like this rendition of Ryuk.

It was about how Light had become a real God to people so even though he died, his influence would be felt forever.

They also missed an opportunity by not casting bryan cranston as Lights dad.

Has Efron ever been in a decent movie?

>niggers

why americans are so cucked like this jesus christ

Mite be decent.

Wait, it's a Netflix movie? Confirmed even worse than Pork in the Shell.

I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing but shit like this and gits will perpetuate the belief that anime is shit by normies for another 20 years

This got a kek out of me.

Life isn't fair.

>based on the international phenomenon

It's like they know that the word 'anime' is an instant turn off to most of the western world.

Look at me, Kira! I am the detective now.

the ending

>International phenomenon

Transparent

>sucking off whitewashing crap

Did you even read my post? Are you retarded? Do you think I don't know the movies with Tatsuya Fujiwara exist?

Speaking of Fujiwara, as an aside: youtube.com/watch?v=9PkY7CF3Tg4 based on his Kaiji rendition

shall we begin, Sup Forums?

The director did You're Next which I enjoyed. Unfortunately he had an attitude of shoving as much tits and gore as he could into this. It's not going to be Death Note.

>Let's show him...that the good guys always win.

All the live actions of death note were terrible and horrible acted, why do they still keep making these?

>live action
Into the trash

Look at the cast. This is a budget movie on par with Amazon and Hulu originals.

Bryan Cranston can't be in every piece of media yet... We still gotta perfect the cloning process.

Well duh

Its not going to be same plot

Literally just took the characters and premise.

Doesnt netflix make decent movies though?

I hope they do right with it, Ghost in shell looks decent, then maybe we'll get more high production ones made.

Gotta say, Ryuuk might actually be pretty cool. Looks like they kept the original design but are going for a more spoopy vibe.

Looks like westernized shit, no thanks.

>maybe we'll get more high production ones made

Don't even hint at that. Hollywood needs to keep its paws off of anime.

They should have at least got some of those actors, who take every role they are offered, like Michael Madsen or Samuel L. Jackson.

what that's like saying 20th century fox makes good films. No, that doesn't work that like that. They only distribute the movie dummy

This is going to be so shitty dude.
The characters look terrible, but idk we'll see I guess.

oh yeah

No, mexifag here, it was released in Mexico for some reason, but the movie its really shitty, here is a quick rundown:
In the future a NEW rule for the Death Note appears, only 7 death notes are allowed in the human world
shinigami king is bored and dying so he orders the other shinigami to give their death notes to humans and the one who's owner is the best will be the new shinigami king (this shit goes nowhere so its pointless to get into it)
Many Kira imitators are around but one claims that he can return kira to life but is just bullshit, the creepy guy in the trailers is L's son, and wants to get the new Kira, he is also in love with a shinigami who as you might expect, dies trying to save him
The MC is an investigator who in the end is revealed to be just another Kira who wiped his own memory in order to get into possession of the 7 death notes, because if he owns the 7, any other death note that falls into human hands will be useless because of the new rule
For some reason Light ALSO has a child who gets killed because he was too edgy and evil, shit was hilariously bad, also Misa does nothing relevant to the movie
In the end, the investigator is taken to jail but somehow L is such a bigshot that he can take Kira's place in the prison and rename Kira to be the new L AND Kira to catch brand new death note users, L kills himself and the movie ends
Its a hilarious shitfest

>Whitewashing
Yeah because L looks so white, and besides the whole cast is shit except Dafoe.
Sad because American DN could actually work and they fucked it up.

Now if Japan would take a couple notes and learn that their 3D adaptations don't need to have 1:1 designs for characters.

That'd be interesting so we don't see that "L" again, jesus what even is this shit seriously..

you should be worried about the director, not the distributor

and the movie was on a fine track until blair witch happened which makes wingard look not so trustworthy anymore

>a youtube star
This is going to age so bad. I'm not even pesimistic about the project, I hope it's good, but it'll age like milk.

Are they going to keep any of the original plot? It'd be funny if NiggL dies and two white kids save the day.

>looks like an absolute garbage
Can't say I'm surprised

Is this real or are you trolling us with a Mirai Nikki rundown?

You know, I can almost, almost, somewhat forgive L being a nigger
But Light is supposed to be attractive, it's a fucking plot point, you can't get an ugly as death kike for the part
Fuck this bullshit

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT N AND LIGHT LOOKS LIKE THE IMPORTANT THING IS THAT THEY CAN ACT. I'D RATHER HAVE A CAST THAT LOOKS NOTHING IN THE ANIME BUT AT LEAST THEY CAN ACT GOOD. I'M SO FUCKING HYPED.

they don't even try with their live action. it's like watching random cosplayers reading a script

Generally speaking, they don't.