Netflix's Death Note - Trailer

What does Sup Forums think of the new Netflix Death Note trailer?

Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=hGhjbe20EWE

Looks like shit

>Light looks like some crazy white kid
>L is a nigger

Shit

Fuck off

why does Light look like a heroin junky coming of a binge on a thursday?

Why does Light look like a school shooter?

As if he wouldn't have been one if he was american.

Oh I am LAFFIN M8!

Because smart and good looking guys can't end up as crazy villains, duh.

This ainĀ“t Sup Forums, you filthy gaijin.

>>L is a nigger
Enough said

Ryuuk is on point

light looks like a faggot
and
>L a nigger
fucking dropped

Because that's the kind of people that make up the core fandom of Death Note.

>L is a nigger
But y tho?

>ghost in the shell next week
>death note series on netflix this summer
PLEASE dont let animeshit become the new capeshit

It looks really bad.

>Nigger L
>Light not handsome enough to be Light
B-But hey, at least they can act good r-right?
Not even Dafoe can save this garbage.

>ayyo light ayyo light
>sheeeeet

They'll both bomb.

what would they even remake next

Looks better than GitS.

Cowboy Bebop.

le smart black man takes vs affluent white kid

>based on the international phenomenon

They that afraid of saying manga or anime?

i hope so
akira, bebop, evangelion

>Have to cast Light as a white guy for Hollywood appeal
>There already exists an actual irl equivalent
>Don't cast him
>Cast some no-name crack junkie
>We want the DmC and Suicide Squad audience

For. What. Fucking. Purpose.

A good chunk of the potential audience has no idea what that "mango" and "animay" business even is.

If this shit works out there will be a failed 1 season Berserk golden age arc adaptation that someone will make to try and catch the Game of Thrones audience once that finally ends

Animeshit would be so much more fun.

Don't get me wrong i fucking hate capeshit but at least i didn't have any emotional connection with the source material

>L death scene
SHIIIEEEEEEEET

They added otp action sequences cos netshix can't fathom making a story based thriller that wouldn't appeal to every 13 yr-old with an iPad..

That trailer looks like what I imagine Mr. Robot is aka trash

>Bepop

Not just a black guy, but he looks like someone from Watch Dogs 2. I'd be fine with him being black if they at least got the character right.

I remember it being mentioned awhile ago and now seeing it, I am somewhat angry.

Oddly only positive is for some reason I can handle William Dafoe is ryuk. Still what the fuck.

>Not just a black guy, but he looks like someone from Watch Dogs 2
Also this, N looks likes some BLM rioter.

one of the most well known and acclaimed anime series in the west, also very light on the regular anime degeneracy we all know and love, it even has strong female characters to fit the current narrative being pushed by every other blockbuster thats been released for the last like 10 years

>Jayden Smith plays Trayvon Martin, a young black man with big dreams. Unfortunately, he is find down by the merciless psychopath Zimmerman.

Fucking finds a way.

If you're referring to Zac Efron, he does not look like this anymore. He's 29.

>trailer starts
>*BRRAAAAMMM*
>dialogue
>*BRRRAAAAAAAAMM*
>show flashes of a couple characters and action scenes
>*BRRRAAAAAAAMMM*
>making out then cut to silence with the main character's face in distress
>character everyone has been waiting to see says one line of dialogue
>*WUDOOSH*

Like fucking clockwork, Hollywood.

>tfw the guy doing the script is the same guy that did that awful Fantastic Four reboot.
It's gonna fucking suck.

It's almost like it's just a botnet cutting the trailers together.

>baywatch buff zac effron as light
better than the junky they have now though

>Trailer looks like shit regardless
>majority of Sup Forums is just made that L is black despite everyone's race got changed

hypocrites.

>2016 + one year
>mfw Light would be 29 too if he hadn't kicked the bucket
feels old man

But why does it have to be black guy vs white guy?

why the fuck is japan giving all those based stories to fucking murica whats next fucking Akira or Cowboy bebop we lla know that Ghost in the shell is going to suck

Because he's a faggot. The biggest mistake he ever did was taking L's bait on that broadcast.

I don't usually like Sup Forums memes, but this is WE WUZ DETECTIVES AND SHIT territory.

everyone is also talking about light, and how bad the trailer is
don't cherry pick retard

Black guy wins
Eat this, Sup Forums

battle angel alita

Why not? Why does it have to be a white vs white? or any race vs any race?

t. nigger

>Shall we begin?
Are you fucking shitting me right now?

>race war begins

I said "majority of Sup Forums" and not "all of Sup Forums" for a reason

Light and N are both fucking shit nigger.

exactly

good and evil

And with the current SJW climate we all know which one the evil one is.

first reply best reply

So they got rid of the entire aspect of Light being super cool composed on the outside, and instead made him an edgy teenager?

This looks so fucking wrong on so many levels

But what do the nips think about it?

Even if this and GitS become popular, will it really affect anime all that much? The west seems to want to sanitize them as much as possible, so I don't think that the average audience is going to know or care that they're based on anime. I can't imagine an Japan pre-catering their anime to appeal to western viewers when they won't read watch the source material.

Yeah, because for some reason that trope hasn't died out yet.

Well HBO did just buy the rights to make a live-action Evangelion movie.
And as we know from the Marvel movies, the new "fans" never actually go touch the source material. They just shout loud enough until nobody can hear the original fans.

Because it's a light versus dark situation. And black wins even though he dies and actually light wins. It's just your average pottery.

WE

Usual baka ganjin garbage.

>William Dafoe as Ryuk
>that silhouette at the end

It's perfect.

>so I don't think that the average audience is going to know or care that they're based on anime.
Atleast for Death Note they won't, the trailer didn't even say it was based on a manga or anime, they called it an "international phenomenon".

>Well HBO did just buy the rights to make a live-action Evangelion movie.
Please no.

You know how it's going to be

- Nips in front of camera will be very respectful and polite to the team and pretend to be very interested on the show
- Nips behind their computers will rip apart the show and mock USA for their nigger boner

Kikewood was a mistake.

I won't lie, Dafoe was the absolute best possible choice to voice him for an English language film.
He'll probably be this stinker's only bright spot.

>the entire thing is fucking whitewashed
>they try to excuse it by making L black
>the entire trailer is so generic that it might as well be a trailer for literally any other hollywoodshit movie
good lord

HBO Monster never

I always knew that I would die of a broken heart.

The trailer gives generic action vibes which is meh.

It's not a 1:1 adaptation so who knows where they'll take it. A bit funny seeing people complain about "whitewashing" for a movie whose setting looks to be Seattle.

>666
Satanic trips confirmed, new Shoah WHEN?

I really like the actress that plays "misa" and dafoe is great so i will watch it.

With western adaptations of manga becoming more commonplace, I wish there would be anime adaptations of western works like A Song of Ice and Fire and shit.

Actually hyped for it

Don't give a fuck

Source?

>whitewashed
Kill yourself bumblrina, these are fucking kikes. Light's actor is a fucking kike. They're trying to SJW/Jewwash it.

It's really pointless to "whitewash" this shit. They could have played on continuity by having Ryuk going to America.

This is the only reason I'm watching

Twintails

Light's whole design was of someone that could pass as a well adjusted teen that was outspoken and liked by girls, which he indeed was by looking at the early chapters/episodes in school; it was how he was above all suspicion

Gankutsou was loosely based on The Count of Monte Cristo, so there's that.

It is Seattle.

The Ferris Wheel is on the port.

t.someone who lives in Seattle

Pretty hyped to see what they do with this.

>Whitewash

He's a fucking Jew. a fucking hooknosed fucking Jew. Why the fuck are we the scapegoat to throw blame on? Fucking say "Jewwash."

Shall we begin

SPIDERMAN

Its almost like the director didn't get any of the " international phenomenon " original work appeal and decided to make Life is strange with death note instead of rewinding time.

Is Light's father not a cop in this? Even if he is, Light not being a top class student, goody good on the outside, takes pretty much any way for them to make Light apart of the police investigation.