Could a coup d'etat be successful, especially in a big country like the US or Russia? If so, how?

Could a coup d'etat be successful, especially in a big country like the US or Russia? If so, how?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_Russian_constitutional_crisis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No, definitely not. You could pull one off in a third world country. A country run by a dictator. But not by a democratic country that has a huge military to stop you

If you get enough of government officials and military behind you then hell yeah it's possible

yes. By the military. Anitfa coups are impossible.
Also look at points in history where an empire hits economic collapse like the USSR.
If the Us government fell apart like the USSR it is unlikely imo it would stay together.

the soviet union was big, it collapsed.

Yes, if it's made by a group that took control of the State.

No people's revolution just burocrats revolutions are possible now.

You'd have to focus on turning city by city. It would be tough to gain control of the entire military.

if the military just blew up the access roads into cities, most democrats would die in a couple of months

just post your email, OP, and I will send you information

The most you could hope for without waiting for economic collapse, is to take an area and claim Independence and ask for UN help and recognition. That is how the Muslims did Kosovo which was a state in Serbia.

>Russia
Will collapse after Putin dies
Military coup d'etat might happen then. Or someone like Navalny will make their stand. Or some nationalist
Cant see coups happening anywhere else in the west, to be honest

By who? YOU?

in terms of one group of elites taking over another group? yes, look as Russia in 1990-1991. In terms of some retard like OPs pic, or neo-nazi, black nationalist, anitfa, any other meme group, not a chance in hell

And republicans would die first. Republicans are dependent on democrats for everything.

People powered revolutions cannot work. Look at the Arab Spring for reference. Not a single success among all the protests.

However, powerful cabals seizing control of the state is always possible, and shitty third world countries with powerful armies could lean on the elected leaders to have their interests affirmed.

The Syrian protest was actually working pretty well, up until Assad released ISIS leaders and fanned that flame

not possible, secession however is possible.

Good thing the US is rapidly becoming a bird world country.

Yes, I do bet it's possible tho. The USA is gonna get harsher, more "diverse" which means less empathy and erasure of all national unifier said other than the pursuit of money. Bonus when all your best mates and cosoldiers are part of the same ethnic group as you(white officers, white pilots, white generals). Also bonus when half of the country hates the other half. Another bonus when Russia or China would be more than willing to foment civil war and sponsor the insurrectionists

That revolution was always going to cause damage, but had two problems

>no single unifying leader of the revolution like Imam Khomenei, or a message besides "Assad must go". Was it a democratic revolution, or a Sunni state? Syrian rebels painted themselves as either depending on the audience
>Russia and Iran was always going to intervene once the situation would reach a critical point like in 2015. Russia cannot tolerate losing their only warm ports in Syrian coast, and Iran cannot let a Saudi ally take over it's only friendly country in the region

>suburban and rural people can’t grow their own food, but city people can

A coup d'etat happens when the military defects from the established ruling powers, and overthrows them, establishing new national leadership.

It could happen, but the question of how so, is more accurately described as, how would a majority of the US military be persuaded to overthrow the current-standing people in political power?

> People powered revolutions cannot work.
All revolutions by definition are people-powered however, user. Definition of a revolution in comparison to a coup, is that it's a greatly citizen-dominated in it's overthrow, and as such usually results in huge levels of social change, instead of a highly military-centered one as a coup.
It is more accurate to say that a sheerly people-powered revolution cannot work, which is true.

Without backing of any military, popular uprisings are quashed. Key to actually winning a revolution against a current-standing power, seems to revolve heavily around persuading enough of the countries military to defect over to the side of the revolutionaries. In other words you're not wrong. Those arab spring rebels just didn't convince enough people in their military to support them instead of just trying to fight them. Imo mostly because they were just overall crazy islamic fanatics and their lackeys but hey, maybe I'm wrong. I don't think I am though.

Unfortunately, despite all our guns, most of the mutts in this country are too fat, too dumb and too lazy to organize a coup.

I doubt it. You would need the military to support any effort or it would immediately be smacked back down and they typically take oaths to defend the constitution, not wipe their asses with it.

how may high oficial does you think are needed to movilize enought militar to be sucessfull?

We came damn close to it.
> A quick and decisive seizure of governmental power by a strong military or political group.
In this case, the political group was the FBI/DOJ under Obama's control. They very nearly pulled it off. And while much of the media is mocking the idea right now, they'll be forced to confront this fact in the coming months.

If you don't mind this pic related happening to your children and eventually being defeated - then yeah brilliant plan there bud.

I mean - wouldn't that be great ? You could fulfill your fantasies of being a REAL soldier instead of Sup Forums keyboard , well , until that rocket takes you out - but hey - your whole family will die so you wont be alone in tragedy.

AND you and your family could go camping in a foreign nation (if they don't kill you on the way) for YEARS !! wont THAT be fun ?

Sure.
>A coup happened in Russia in the 90s. It was crushed by Yeltsin.
>A coup nearly happened in England in the mid 80s. Secret war plans were in place and Heathrow was seized.
> a coup happened in France over Algeria.
> Deep state army leaders have ruled Turkey (until Erdogan) , Algeria and Pakistan for decades

The following pattern is followed
>secret core of high level officers launch a plan
>conservative/aristocratic/elite or hard right in some way.

It would be a coup in all but name. Similar to Augustus they would preserve the norms of the republic. If a dictatorship was in place you wouldn’t know it till decades later.

Russia had a coup not long ago.

After all ...gotta break a few eggs to make a shit sandwich. Right ?
But hey - at least you will - for a few moments - get to feel like someone powerful AND who knows - if you live past the first month you might even get to eat an entire meal !!!

This. Balkanization is the only answer for America. Support groups like League of the South and the Northwest Front

what happened to this being?

what happened in pic?

I’ve heard about some former ww2 officers of plotting a coup but never going through with it, is that the one?

Oh but don't worry too much about weapons - their are tons of other nations who hate you willing to flood your cause with guns ...so you can kill as many other Americans before you die yourself....wow you are so smart user !!

Not likely for now the US has to decay more for a few more years then it'll be possible. Its too difficult to break off from especially with Putin in office. I think large swaths of territory will break off in a balkanization event in the near future in the US.

Yeltsin succeeded in a coup d'état in 1993

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_Russian_constitutional_crisis

Hey bro its your mexibro here how are you?

This is literally the dumbest thing I've read today.

And this is fucking Sup Forums.

I'm not sure if you should be ashamed or proud.

doubt it. they all have knowledge of how to garden

Americans revolting?

>the mutts didn't lift a finger when healthcare was made obligatory for all to pay from the same provider.

>couldn't tear down wall street with 50 to 1 sandals on the ground.

>thinks that getting beaten, shot and incarcerated is justified as long as officer 1 is fine.

Nope the amerifats lack the courage

This is how it would go down
>Highways supplying food to coastal regions some shut down in wintertime
The Romanovs fell to lack of food. The bakeries were full of flour but there was ice everywhere. Thats why Moscow has world class snow removal infrastructure.
>it’s real bad
>Cops get lynched
>Public shocked
>Martial law declared
>Internet cables cut, airports grounded
>Order restored
>Deep state put forth candidate they want
>Secret service fosters terrorism and commits murders, leaders assasinated
Look up years of lead in Italy
>public vote “order” candidate
>technocracy in place, now restore living standards for populace
You’ve just seen how a coup happens

Still not convinced?

Yup. MI5 and the high ups in the army were run by nut jobs. The red menace fear was real. British were deeply involved in “dirty”’methods in Ireland.
MI5 were running assassination squads and “tricks” (catching pedo MP’s and high level Irish republicans)
They did it in Kenya and Malaysia.

> I wish sum buddy be all revolt n' sheeit, so I can 'git sum gibs. An' where my fair share check at?
Also, why dem popo kill me pet nigger? Y'all a buncha faddasses. Where I gon' git sum cock yall be shootin' up all my nigs?

CIA nigger datamining thread
do not give up any intel that will go into a memo for handling a crisis

>this is amerimutt logic

The fewer number of ruling elite the easier the putsch at the top is, but if the government doesn't have an elite core and is too diffused, then the easier it is to have a revolution from the bottom up.

Some famous failed coups, I see. The same would happen in the US. No one would ever get enough support of the military for it to last longer than a week and then there are still 50 states and 50 National Guards that aren't going to go along with it. That's not even factoring in how the most armed civilian population outside of a war zone in the world is going to react to a handful of generals trying to overthrow muh Constitution.

Civil War 2: Democrats Still Blue is the more plausible scenario. How many Governors say they are part of the #Resistance?

>democratic country that has a huge military
hugely inept

Not fighting the battles of a leftish son of a whore nobody. Your desires, motivations and goals are shit to me. Even if what you wanted was won, the best thing afterward for all of society, would be a bullet in your perpetually useless and helpless mewling lefty skull.

Pakistan is still ruled by the generals. Italy had a PM murdered in the back of a Alfa Romero. Your air force alone could pull it off. It’ll never be called a coup and conditions would have to be awful for it to happen.

Coups don’t happen in vacuums they happen with the support of the people (the ones that matter)

All the places that matter to control in the Us are very close to each other.

You don’t need to control all 50 states you just need to control Washington DC

Makeup overdose.

>I Know As Much About America As Burgers Know About Transoxiana: The Post

>Huey Long
>Martin Luther King
>John F Kennedy
>Robert F Kennedy
>Secret service that’s committed dozens of coups + assasinatons
>Dozens others suicides
Yeah alll those were random murders sure. Yep democracy is real. Our choice actually matters. Repeat after me:
The Deep state are not in control

That has nothing to do with your gross ignorance. The Airforce does not have the manpower to occupy Belgium, much less pull off a coup in the US singlehandedly. The US has dozens of major cities, aka places that matter. DC is strategically unimportant and much of the year Congress isn't doing anything important there.

We're not France. You can't just occupy DC and expect the whole rest of the country to go, "Oh well, zis neu la Republique can no be azz bad azz last une."

Your not listening mutt. You won’t know a coup has happened.

Order will be restored. What you see on MSM is traitorous rats on a show trial. The army take orders. The only thing you’ll see is some stuff on the news in Washington then something like the Russia investigation with senate hearings.

People who start talking about a coup will be referred for psychiatric treatment. The Russians did it to writers in the mid 80s. This Is what makes it scary.

They won’t murder you. They’ll try prove your crazy first or discredit you somehow (racist, pedo, intolerant)

OK, I get it. You're just schizophrenic.

Yes.
Oh you poor sweet child...

I don't know, friend, that would require an awful lot of time not looking at your smart phone.

Foucault theorized that “madness”’was the modernity’s way of fully dilineating the other. In medieval times, being a heretic would be the equivalent. You were sometime beyond the pale.

Racism and psychology are tools used by the powerful to regulate behavior they find unacceptable.

You are “crazy” or “intolerant/racist”.
I’ve given you historical examples and show you how it could happen and that there’s a good chance it’s happened once before.

Yet you call schizophrenic

>you just need to control Washington DC
lmfao, DC can't control the nation if we're unwilling to listen.
We'll take a part of a state, then keep taking more and more. We will win because we will organize and sow discord like we did to get our man in the White House.
We will give the anarchists their opportunity to go wild. We will divide the populace. We will move in when everything is destroyed. You can't fight us from your bunkers. We'll dig you up eventually.
We have pages of targets and VIPs. We have access to secrets that no world leader wants us to know. We have the men who do their dirty work plotting against them. We have new living legends that few have ever heard of chomping at the bit for this war.
You really don't understand who you're dealing with. We're watching you from much closer than you can imagine. You should really be unable to sleep at night.