Rare Haikyuu!! thread

Chapter 247 is out, guys

>yfw no Karasuno vs Nekoma grand finals comfirmed

But they hyped it so much, surely they will pull a deus ex machina, I'll never stop believing

>2016 was 7 years ago

The token pretty boy twins out of fucking nowhere. I hope his brother isn't as much a smug asshole as his brother but even if he is I can't wait to see Karasuno defeat them. Though it would be an interesting twist for Karasuno to get knocked out so soon.

He looks just as bad as him, if not worse.
I also wouldn't expect Karasuno to be knocked out so soon or at all, and at the very at least not until the match against Nekoma. After the talk between Ukai and his grandfather in this chapter, it seems really likely to happen, unless the author is being cruel.

I'm guessing they're gonna be those annoying types of twins that reads each other minds.

I'm cool with it going either way but I just don't see Karasuno getting knocked out this early without getting a taste of other strong opponents first. I suspect they'll defeat at least one of the elite training camp guys so the 3rd years can feel like they actually accomplished something. Since Miya has an unlikable personality it might as well be him.

Anime like Daiya no ace and Haikyuu?

Just finished Daiya and it was pretty good t b h - I liked the teambuilding anything similar?

Have you watched Oofuri? Cheer Danshi is also pretty good when it comes to teambuilding, they had a modest budget but it's still pretty enjoyable.

It makes me sad no one appreciates the manga as much as the anime. Things are finally getting interesting.

Every week I wonder if everyone is just a anime only fags.

That much has always been obvious. I've never seen any actual manga discussion even though there is lots to speculate on and a bunch of new characters. Plus crows, cats, and owls all at the same time. What's not to love?

What scans are you using?

When was the last anime or manga thread around here even?

Fallen Angel scans and I think they must have only recently started doing Haikyuu. They don't put the ugly water marks on every page.

OTP

Some occasionally pop up but usually die quickly. Last real thread hasn't been since s3 was airing. Everyone is just gonna wait for s4 to see what happens I guess.

Their translations seem pretty faithful to the original text too and they don't use slangs out of nowhere, unlike niggerstream's work. Thanks for the information.

For a while there wasn't much content to discuss in the manga, but now it seems like everything is getting faster and more interesting. Depending on how many of us read it, we could perhaps bring the weekly threads back?

I wouldn't mind having weekly threads, though I'm not sure how many manga readers are out there.

Does a lurking one count?

Sure I guess.

I'm getting the feeling they will win this one and lose the next match, or just downright lose this match. The author doesn't seem like the type to asspull wins other than the win versus Shiratorizawa

Yeah, but if the threads keep dying then there is no point. It's not like manga chapter threads will ever be really busy any time soon.

Did they make an announcement for s4 yet?

Miya won't be fucking around

He's like Oikawa with better serves holy shit

Given how OP his team is I don't even know Karasuno will beat them unless they get really lucky or Hinata jumps really high cuz Miya's team MB is not that tall and they exploit that

Let me at least have Nekoma vs Karasuno and I'll be happy.

Whatever happens, I'm most certainly dropping this manga after Nationals are over, the third years graduate and a bunch of new guys are introduced. All sports manga go to shit whenever they reach that place.

I'm not gonna sit through bonding with the new team-mates arc and another qualifier and another nationals and pray that they win Nats this time.

No, just recap movies announced. I don't think s4 will be announced until next year at least. Or depending how much manga content they are waiting for.

I read every chapter each week. The anime's just paced better for casual discussion, which is why the threads when the seasons are on get activity.

>randomly check Sup Forums
>haikyuu thread
Not enough of these, always happy to see more of nekoma
That's disappointing hope it changes some how

So is it confirmed his brother is his twin or are they a year apart? Osamu wasn't at the elite camp so he must not be as good as Atsumu.

I'm interested to find more about what Kageyama said about Miya giving the illusion of others doing better than they really are.

Diamond no Ace would like a word with you

They're both second years, so they're the same age. My guess is that the one was invited because he's a setter and the other one is a position that was already occupied by another invite.

Reminder that the hidden boss for this Nationals is Fukurodani, and the Owls are gonna take it all!

Hey hey hey!

If Karasuno is gonna lose it'll happen here. Miya's team just sounds too op, like an overpowered combination of Seijou and Shiratorizawa.

I think everyone would be okay with that result since they are a familiar and likable team.

I hope to see more serious Bokuto and I want to see him crush Sakusa.

>Osamu wasn't at the elite camp so he must not be as good as Atsumu
I agree on what said, Osamu can't be that bad because he's also a starting player.

I think his twin is probably useless without him that's probably where their team will fall apart. Kageyama made a point to say Atsumu can make people delusional about their skills.

That would make a nice parallel with Kageyama and Hinata.

If they make the final boss some randos that they make the previous well loved teams job to i will be so disappointed at furudate and what could've been

I could see that happening. Though their team also has a short #10 middle blocker it might be too many parallels.

The front runners have all been known to us since the Shinzen training camp, though, so it's not so much that they'd 'job' when the menace has been looming for so long. One of the curses of a series like this, where the rival teams are almost if not more beloved than the main team, in a venue like this where more than one is present in an elimination tournament, and all of them have third years whose last chance this is before graduation, is that someone is going to go out weeping and bring their fans to tears with them. It's going to be Hell for some folks.

It would be, I think, a kinder fate to have them go out against teams we know instead of teams we've only heard about and are only just now seeing in action, but life doesn't work like that. I suspect Furudate is going to devastate us all and have Itachiyama beat everyone so we all suffer in concert.

It's not completely random since Sakusa and Kiryu have been foreshadowed as final bosses since the beginning. It's just they are not the fan favorites at all.

>Itachiyama beat everyone
I suspect the same. I keep saying it but Sakusa is a 2nd year precisely so there is an opening for revenge next year.

I kinda want to see some time dedicated to the top schools playing against each other. Though I doubt Karasuno would stick around to watch if they lost.

>Though I doubt Karasuno would stick around to watch if they lost
Four hour road trip kind of hampers that, yeah. Might have Kenma stick around and text intel, though, if anything's going to motivate that kid it's going to be getting revenge for Kuroo.

I don't think my heart is going to be able to take seeing Nekoma or Fukurodani lose
Especially for Bokuto and Kuroo since its their last year and they're so passionate about volleyball, fuck it hurts just thinking about it

I think we're all in that boat, user. All the third years are so great, Seijou getting beat out was just the start of the suffering.

Everyone thought Oikawa would break down but he did not. I think it would be great to see them lose with dignity, especially Bokuto. We're so used to seeing him as comic relief but I want to see why he really is captain material.

I missed you all.

I read the chapters weekly but there's just not much for me to talk about with you guys.

Where is Fukurodani again
I wanna see them vs Karasuno

Chapters always seem so short. This is why weekly manga is rough. There should be more to talk about now that the real matches are about to start.

This is the first haikyuu thread in awhile that didn't die immediately. Glad to see more people joining in.

On the other side, so the only way they can play against Karasuno is for the grand final.

So I guess that's not happening. Shame it seemed Furudate was foreshadowing it.

If we're talking about foreshadowing, Nekoma VS Karasuno was definitely the most foreshadowed match. But I guess it's not happening either.

As long as Kenma, Lev, and Taketora are there the rivalry will survive and the battle can happen another year. It's just a shame that Kuroo and Daichi don't get to face off since they seem to care about making that match happen the most.

Kudos to Furudate for not being predictable.

Any new merch?

Nothing new since they announced Daichi, Ushijima and Yamaguchi's nendos I believe

Ushijima before Asahi and Tanaka or even Tendou? Sad!

>tfw you don't have a handsome cousin to be confused as your lover

I think Akaashi dropped the hint to Tsukishima during the training camp that when Bokuto's down is when the rest of the team steps up, but when the team goes down it's Bokuto who keep them lifted. I think we'll see exactly that if Fukurodani loses, a bunch of weepy Owls and Bokuto still smiling.

We missed you too!

Doesn't this panel seem significant? It makes it seem like Bokuto behaves the way he does on purpose. I don't know what to make of it.

Most likely it's quite significant. There's been tons of commentary about Bokuto being "an airhead" or "a simpleton", from Kuroo to even their team managers. It could very well be that Bokuto's been putting on a show to mask insecurities or sensitivity that might otherwise affect his perfomance, like someone who knows exactly what their limitations are and are falseflagging to disguise them.

That would be pretty amazing if so. Oikawa also seemed pretty air headed until we saw all his insecurities. Bokuto is probably going to get some huge character development in upcoming matches. Fukurodani is probably there as an anchor point to focus on when Karasuno and Nekoma inevitably lose and have to go home.

Which girls are going to be there for support when our favorite teams lose?

Why does these R63 haikyuu work so goddamn well?

Maybe Tanaka if he's not already burned that bridge. Then again she'll probably be busy winning while Tanaka just cries on the bus ride home.