What went trough the minds of the writers, the developers, and what else... when they made the Endless Eight?

what went trough the minds of the writers, the developers, and what else... when they made the Endless Eight?

It was filler to get to your OP pic.

not an argument

Yes, it is.

>argument
I was stating a fact, though?

It's actually one because that's what happened, disappearance was supposed to be adapted in the second season but shit happened and kyoani had to make fillers for the movie to happen, you can thanks Kadokawa.

"Man, those school kids are gonna be so pissed when they realize they actually watched the same episode eight weeks in a row wwwwwwww"

One word: Courage

I actually enjoyed E8 with Sup Forums.
Fun times.

It's for the better honestly considering just how good Disappearance ended up being.
I don't think it would have worked nearly as well if it was adapted within Season 2.

So it was basically a middle finger to them?

Is this why Kyoani went independent?

>developers

I used to watch anime with my imouto.

She quit anime after endless eight.
She didn't even finish Haruhi S2.

Several years later and I am still here.

"Guys, I have eight fucks. I'm not giving any of them."

what was so bad about it?

i want to hug that alien.

>Let's pad out this season so we can animate Disappearance as a movie
Which is a pretty lame excuse, they could've animated some other stories from other books

>pretty lame excuse
It's not like they had a choice. Kadokawa made the last minute decision to want a movie, an sprung it on them.

would've spoiled Disappearance

One word: Courage

>Using "troll" instead of "bait"

>thinking the two are the same

Endless Eight is a treasure of world art.
That they had the will and balls to actually pull it off makes me so happy.

I agree. It's a once in a lifetime thing, I'm sad that I wasn't here on Sup Forums when it aired because I don't think there's ever going to be another show to cause that sort of constant shitstorm here.

>"Ah fuck, I wanted S2 to be Disappearance, but we actually got movie approved"
>"Shit, this is totally going Gundam ZZ on our asses, the fuck do we do"
>"Gotta look up for material"
>Sees Endless Eight
>"S-surely fans aren't fucking dumb and will understand situation we're in. Movie will totally make up for it"
It did

>Is this why Kyoani went independent
No idea, but it may be one of the reasons, especially if you add that to the Nichijou flop.

I still don't get how Nichijou flopped so hard.
It was such a good show, and the material it was adapted from was pretty popular too wasn't it?

The BDs were too expensive for people to get the full series. The show itself was popular both here and overseas, Kadokawa were just dumbshits who charged way too much.

FREE MONEY

>The BDs were too expensive

Wasn't that debunked though?

Endless Eight is a pleb filter, just like Hyouka.

What if I liked endless eight but thought Hyouka was nothing special.