Christian General

Verse of the Day:
>Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7

Pastebin of useful Catholic information:
pastebin.com/u/wolfshiem

Catholic Catechism:
vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX.HTM

Orthodox Radio:
ancientfaith.com/radio

Other urls found in this thread:

reformed.org/documents/wcf_with_proofs/index.html
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John 1
youtu.be/qavbQs4xid4?t=6m23s
youtube.com/watch?v=t2sMJMXDiH4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ourladyisgod.com

>Christian thread
>Posts Catholic stuff

You're welcome to post some Protestant resources, friend. I'll add them to the next OP

Only resource we need is the Word friend.

>“I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.”
John 10:9-11 KJV

Praise the Lord, thank you father for all you have provided

The Space Trilogy sounds good. Have you read it?

Just finished reading this. Very fanciful, but there isn't any such thing as the Illuminati

Guess wich movie I watch yesterday.

>What's Jerusalem worth?

Nope, it does sound interesting though. I love C.S Lewis non-fiction works, Mere Christianity is one of the best apologetic books ever written imo

If Christianity is a strong religion why are its majority supporting Marxist propaganda?

"And if you give even a cup of cold water to one of the least of my followers, you will surely be rewarded."" - Matthew 10:42

Because we are in a weak state.

You know well who promote Marxist propaganda. They're your enemy as much as ours.

Catholics aren't Christian

reformed.org/documents/wcf_with_proofs/index.html

Do it for her user.

>US
>Knowing anything about Christianity
Go back to your Mormon shithole

How to become a christian? Wanna give it a try. Is there a manual or something?

Go worship Santa Muerte
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John 1

>Go worship Santa Muerte
You realize that Argentina one one of the few countries in the West that declare themself Christians?
We even have a tax that we pay all for the Catholic Church.

Few countries are more Christian than we are.

>We even have a tax that we pay all for the Catholic Church
Supporting a heathen religion isn't Christian, user

Is there a tl;dr version?

Nope. It's not too long, just 21 chapters.

>australia
kill you're self

Are you guys actually christian or just pretending for pragmatic reasons?

I converted a few years ago after doing a few months of reading on theology.

Ephesians 2:8-9:
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."
It's as if God knew there would be Catholic blockheads trying to get into heaven by being holier than thou.

I'm seeking answers after a life of fucked up shit.

Hmm, none of it really makes any sense at all. Does reading a 2000 yo script really tell me how to become a good christian?

>Does reading a 2000 yo script really tell me how to become a good christian?
Yes

Fuck.

Fun fact; like most New Testament verses, this is addressed to believers. Unbelievers have every reason to be anxious, and should not expect to feel the peace if God.

>tfw God makes himself knownbto you
>that moment of repentance
>tfw you see the fruit of your own vain efforts
>the continued imitation of Christ
>tfw saved

God is good.

Convert tos satanism NAO

Ironically, some of the happiest most pleasant people I've run across have been faithful christians. I'm beginning to suspect that the "hate filled Christian groups" and the pedophilia infiltration, etc are "fake news"/plots by.... certain groups of people.

Im a Christian and have been blessed so many times when i invoke Jesus name that id be a fool to not believe.

Im also mentally ill and a sex addict so i relapse on degeneracy and it takes me a while to bury my shame and come back to my faith.

I am just coming back to Christ after laying with a trap and other men even though i dont even like either im just a sex addict. Im seriously not attracted to guys at all but when i get manic i get so horny i just do it anyway.

I was so riddled with shame i wasnt even going to share because i dont want to make my fellow christians look bad but im just being honest.

If i get aids i will deserve it. Im so sorry lord and i dont deserve forgiveness. It tears me up inside and literally makes me want to kill myself.
Dont fall for the sexually open minded meme if you arent actually gay. Youll never forgive yourself.

They aren't. Most people who say yes to being a Christian don't know what it means; they think it was a decision their parents made for them, or that it means they go to a church, or that it means they "try to be a good person".

>pretending for pragmatic reasons
What reasons would those be?

Even the Christians who call for execution of homosexuals are the nicest people you will ever meet.

Can someone give me a quick rundown on catholic orders? I’d like to know what the major orders are all about so I can study up on some of their writings. Id also like to know which orders are whack.
Basically, please make a power ranking.
Pic is my church

Burning Satanists and Devil worshippers at the stake is evil and Satanic you say? When do we get started?

>I was so riddled with shame

Jesus is a bro, man. If you confess your sins he's there with an arm around your shoulder.

He's not a snob that wants you to feel shame.

Hebrews 9:22: "And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission."
Christians ought to know the literal importance of Jesus' blood. God only forgives through blood sacrifices. In the OT, people would slaughter a lamb or another cute critter for forgiveness from God for their sins. The problem is it was only temporary, so they had to keep doing it. Jesus died on the cross and his blood shedding was what allowed God to forgive us of our sins. This was permanent.
Every order in the Catholic Church will lead you further into Hell.

Latter-Day Saints welcome, friends?

Pedophilia happens in every organization because power corrupts, and power attracts corrupted and corruptable people. People blame all of Christianity for the actions of a few because they don't understand the reality of human nature. They are too naive and sheltered.

>Arianism
“no”

No, what a retarded religion. Joseph Smith was a con artist, and to be honest your book is just plain stupid.

Read Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis

Mormonism is a goofy cult, friend. In Matthew 24 Jesus explicitly said he would not return to earth without a global sign in the sky at the end of the age, and don't believe anyone who tells you otherwise. Whoops, Mormonism tells you otherwise, so if you believe Jesus you can't be Mormon.

Traditionalism + increased fertility rates.

Mormons are my new facorite denomination mainly because of their favorability to science.

Thanks annon.

Is what i did not a mortal sin?

>mormons favorable to science

wat

There is no more depressing job than a Mormon archaeologist.

Every little sin you commit makes you deserve Hell. If you committed no sin in your life but told a single lie, that makes you worthy of Hell. We are all corrupt beings that fall short of the glory of God.
Jesus died so God could forgive us of our sins. Don't believe that you have to do ANYTHING but believe Jesus saved you on the cross to be saved.

Satania would be a Christian

I also do like catholics yes. Mendel is one of my facorite scientists of all time, although I wish he had pursued genetics more than priesthood.

Rude :(
Have you ever read it? Like, once? I don't understand, why turn away one of the most christ-like denominations?
Even if you don't believe it, it's better than something else.
Its traditional, very family orientated, caring, everyone has each others back in the church, strong brotherhood, no one gets left behind. Everyone in the church would bend backwards for you.

What kind of fucked up blasphemy is this?
LADY GOD!?
God made ADAM in his IMAGE you retarded scum fucks

Yes, I have. It’s very good and very prophetic, especially in regards to cultural md moral relativism and increasing government regulation of religion (this is mostly in That Hideous Strength). Basically:
>Out of the Silent Planet=An exploration of how humanity is corrupted and our fears of alien life being violent and amoral should instead be a mirror to our own flaws.
>Perelandra=Paradise Lost/Adam and Eve but the serpent is defeated
>That Hideous Strength=The Book of Revalations from a more practical and realistic perspective (none of that Left Behind shit)

checked
you sound either young or stupid maybe both
try being less disrespectful

youtu.be/qavbQs4xid4?t=6m23s

Anybody listen to Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson? I'm Catholic and I got into him listening to him refute BLM supporters but I think his sermons are fantastic. The first time I tried to be a Christian I failed miserably because I was focused too much on finding out which denomination is correct and what interpretation of the Bible is correct when the whole time I was worshiping an idol of my intellect, of the church, and of the Bible. He raises a good point about the difference between worshiping God and worshiping the Bible.

reminder that we need /rel/

Try not going to Hell for worshipping Jewish Goddesses instead of God Almighty.

I like him but he's wrong. the Bible is our sword, you need to familiarize yourself with it. He'd be way more effective if he didn't have nonbiblical beliefs mixed in with his doctrine.

Where in the Bible does it say that you should believe in the Bible over God himself?

We already have /x/ though

A /rel/ board would end up being colonized and controlled by Orthodox and Catholics, open dialogue between the two as they team up to compare heresy and heretics, and eventually the east-west schism is repaired through Gods will and Sup Forums shitposting LARPers

It doesn't, but if you don't master your "sword" you won't be able to fight off the devil. Next thing you know you're catholic and watching fags get married

Good luck making them change their minds about the filioque shit

>God made ADAM in his IMAGE you retarded scum fucks

Well, to be fair God made mankind in his image:

(Gen 1:27)
So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

The major orders are people like the Dominicans, the Jesuits, the Augustinians, the Franciscans, etc. I'd recommend reading about their founders, St Dominic, St Ignatius of Loyola, St Augustine, St Francis of Assisi, and people like them. Jesuits don't have a very good reputation since they're seen as being a bit liberal, but they're alright really.

>Nowhere is it said in the Bible that you have to believe the Bible
Uhhhh

>All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

>but if you don't master your "sword" you won't be able to fight off the devil
Except you're wrong because God is the sword, not a book. It's a good book and we should be familiar but you do realize you're committing idolatry if you equate the book with God. Rev. Peterson doesn't say not to read the book, but you're supposed to walk with God in your soul at all times to fight off the Devil, not just have a bunch of verses memorized and expect that to protect you.
>Next thing you know you're catholic and watching fags get married
Except you don't need the Bible to tell you homosexuality is wrong. Even homosexuals know that what they're doing is wrong by themselves which is why they kill themselves. The Word of God can be seen in your heart if you don't repress it.

Later it's made explicitly clear that men resemble God, women do not.
Which is why women are to have long hair and men are not.

>profitable for teaching
=/=
worship the Bible

No one is arguing that you shouldn't read it

If you don't read the Bible you could just as easily be tricked into walking with Satan.

I think people should read the Bible because it's divinely inspired but if you look into yourself and pray to God he tells you everything you need to know about right and wrong regardless. It's incorrect to say that without the Bible you will fall to Satan, heretical in fact. The only thing that causes you to be possessed by the Devil is turning away from God. The Creator isn't a book, he's a supernatural force that we all have access to communicate with.

Ah, makes sense.
I've always been a Christian, yes, but even more so since i stared browsing Sup Forums.

Sounds like you have the Devil in you user.
The Devil would love to take away your sword, which is the word of God.
Makes you an easier target.

There are no "mortal sins". All your sins are paid for if you believe in Jesus. That is irrevocable and your adoption is utterly permanent. However, you can have a disrupted relationship if you leave your sin unconfessed; Jesus wants to be that bro who walks through life with you.

I read the Bible regularly, my sword is God though

youtube.com/watch?v=t2sMJMXDiH4

Putting all your faith in the Bible takes away from putting all your faith and God and inflates your ego about the knowledge of good and evil

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Now....how are you going to fight off Satan if you don't know your sword is the word of God, not God.

>why turn away one of the most christ-like denominations?

Because it teaches salvation by works in antithesis to Christs teachings, and like Matthew 24 says, Jesus himself told us not to believe it.

Oh stop it, are you one of those "judge not" pussies? The Bible says to rebuke the fuck out of people until they repent, then forgive.

The Word of God is written in our hearts
Of course I judge people, I'm judging you right now for idolizing a book

I'll piss myself laughing if /pol turns into a christian/religious board. Oh fuck me, LUL.
What the hell happened, /pol.

That list needs True Devotion to Mary by Louie de Montfort

Lmao

If you put all your faith in your intellect understanding the Bible, then the Devil will manipulate your mind to interpret the Bible in correctly. You have to pray to God directly to show you what is right and wrong.

>Have Christian Generals regularly since 2013
>Newfag comes along "lol what happened!?"
Fuck off back to the donald you cancer

Jews.
They're the antichrist.
Correction, I'm venerating the word of God, as should you. If your heart disagrees witht he Bible which way do you go?
That sounds like a great way for Satan to lead someone astray.

*incorrectly

I pray to God to show me which way is correct, I don't rely on my intellectual understanding of the Bible. Intellectualism leads people astray.

I also venerate the Bible, it's divinely inspired, not the source of truth