Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu

Subs and final closure in about 30min.

One of the best shows in the past 5-10 years, Wasn't visually amazing but the storytelling was just fucking fantastic.

I'm gonna miss it.

I didn't expect to agree with fucking Lelouch but for once he's right, that was one hell of a show.

I cannot fucking believe I've spent so much crafting Kemono Friend lore theories that I've forgot the finale was today.

I don't even want to see it. I just don't want to fully realize that this is it, this is the end of the journey. Never has a drama anime or otherwise gripped me so much. Fuck man, this is just depressing.

the void has just gotten that much bigger

>(03/24) Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu S2 - 12

Thank you anons for witnessing this miracle of anime together. Just how this show has avoided all the anime pitfalls and on a such basic premises of rakugo is amazing.

>no more Shin-chan slut reaction faces

Fuck this gay earth.

While I think S1 had overall better characters and a stronger theme, both have been an very enjoyable ride are still better than most of what comes out today.
Imouto a cute.

And now I'm remembering how Sukeroku was conscripted in fucking WW2.

Who voiced her?

>spoiler

Is he a siscon?

THERE HE IS

Is he fucking immortal?

I'm teared up.
Am I glad I to have watched this series especially with you fags.

Can't blame him, she really is cute.

GODDAMMIT I'M FUCKING CRYING

I almost screamed at that exact line, holy shit.

They really need to ban shinigami, it can't be healthy constantly conjuring all these spirits.

He's still here!

s1 was overall stronger because of character dynamics, historical setting and better written dialogue. However, heights of s2 are multiple times higher than anything in s1

Wait are they implying what I think they're implying? That's fucked up.

>implying

>And so, we could not live up to the dream of the
SHOUWA GENROKU RAKUGO SHINJUU™

You forget this is a josei, user.

Writers have a lot of imagination.

Matsuda being a Shinigami confirmed

My nigga is still alive

Show went from an 8/10 to a 6/10 right then and there.

don't tell me I have to usagidrop this.

But when did she... how did she...
I don't think I even want to know.

Higuchi is just a weird perv.

Remove sensei

Is it the same in the manga, or does the father's identity stay hidden?

I want to believe that thry just mean it metaphorically, since Kiku has a large influence in Shin's life.

You don't have, that's Sensei's theory but you can believe it was Boss or Aniki if you want

Look at him, there's no way he's unrelated to Kiku.

That first ED reprise here was great.

So it's Usagi Drop all over again? Goddamn Japan why do you have to ruin your shows like this

Boss was Kiku's long lost brother.

There's plenty of way he's unrelated to Kiku.

But she then immediately goes on to say that she "romantically loved" him. She might be playing him but it seems more like she was being kind to him, confirming it in a non-committal way.

This scene made me scream. Fuck, I'll miss this.

So that perfectly explains the ED for season 2.

We'll never know because Konatsu will never confirm anything
Konatsu has red hair and her parents have it black. A comparison like that doesn't work in anime.

Why do you have to take has a fact something that was told as a theory by a creep.

I loved him romantically =/= yes, he knocked me up

There's also an extra chapter that was bundled with the 10th volume where both the boss and Kiku discuss how Konatsu had feelings for them.

>Konatsu has red hair and her parents have it black
Konatsu not being Sukeroku's daughter confirmed.

Having romantic feelings for Yakumo and fucking yakuza boss can be compatible. It's possible she slept with the boss out of frustration from her feelings about Yakumo

The episode didn't make me cry, but the fact that the show is over for good did.

Uchouten can't come soon enough.

Looks similar enough to me, but at the very least the boy has good taste in rakugoka, no matter whether he is or isn't related to Kiku.

>Uchouten
Shit, I still need to catch up
When does season 2 air?

In 2 weeks.

Tears started welling up when Shinigami started.

I don't think it's weird that they have the same mannerisms. Konatsu and Yotaro both resemble him, too, in certain shots.

Like said, there's just too many limitations in the art style to prove things definitely by what characters look like.

Any resemblance could be metaphorical to show that Kiku's spirit carries on in Shin, whether or not his blood does, which I think is the point.

His shinigami voice was really good.

>Something this good could never go away.
True that I'll never forget this show.

This guy's performance was so damn good, It's really great how they incorporated Yota, Kiku, and Sukeroku's styles into it.

:')

Ono Yuuki did better than I expected.

>Kiku's spirit carries on in Shin, whether or not his blood does, which I think is the point.
That is made abundantly clear, yes, but I find myself more and more inclined to believe that something happened between Konatsu and Kiku during the timeskip. In the end it doesn't change a thing, but it does say a lot about Konatsu and her being raised by the person she sees as her parents' murderer.

I don't want it to be true. Get out of here with this Usagi Drop shit. I'm still gonna believe it's that younger Yakuza guy.

Konatsu could see Miyokichi's ghost. In the manga when Yakumo, Yotaro, Shinnosuke and her are taking a family photo together she sees her. She probably has a hunch of what truly happened.

I think "it says a lot about Konatsu" is covered by her admission that she had romantic feelings for Kiku in her youth.

I cannot for a second imagine Kiku reciprocating, though, or going along with it, and his actions and regrets don't seem to fit for Shin being his biological son.

I think is more likely, she went with some old guy (boss or not) who reminded her of Kiku.

>didn't show Konatsu's performance
Come the fuck on

Yotaro is Bon's father, fuck off with all the conspiracies.

>it's another thread devolves into "who was the father" episode
Oh fuck off please. Discuss something else for a change.

C U T E
U
T
E

>Konatsu raped Kiku while he was drunked and Boss lied to Kiku about he knocking her up.

Yota didn't really age well.

>old guy (boss or not) who reminded her of Kiku.
That is probably what happened, I haven't thought about that possibility up until now, but it does seem extremely likely. I'm with for the rest of the thread then.

Who's cuter though?

He will age even worse now that he can see dead people.

No-one would be discussing it if it wasn't part of the episode though. I don't understand why the author made such a big deal out of it herself.

He didn't get Matsuda-san's immortality powers.

Great finale for a great show. I'd like to see more of Shin and this cutie.

Tomokazu Seki wrote a book about being a seiyuu and Rakugo's mangaka drew the cover.

Ask Vertical to localize it.

I want to marry her and be her father's rakugo apprentice.

I think one thing people really took for a face value in the whole series is that Yota was Sukeroku 2.0. But really in so many ways he's also like Kiku. He didn't have a natural talent for storytelling like Kiku and worked really hard. He was rejected by the audience a lot and he had a hard time finding his own rakugo. These are all the characteristics of Kiku. His personality was so eye catching that a lot of people never realized on these subtle parallels. I think mangaka was trying to make him literally as well as metaphorically the amalgamation of Kiku and Sukeroku and what they represented. He was both a traditionalist as well as a progressive. I mean the final line of the show where he's says "Something this good can never go away" just says he's worlds apart from both Kiku and Sukeroku yet at the same time a perfect compromise.

I'd read that.
That face is unintentionally funny tho.

What a great finale.

>I think "it says a lot about Konatsu" is covered by her admission that she had romantic feelings for Kiku in her youth.
Yes, when she was 7 and just meet him. Before she thought HE HAD KILLED HER FATHER.

Fuck off.

I miraculously didn't cry, but it was very close. You can't believe the noise I made when Matsuda arrived - he must be immortal! I really liked Shin and Koyuki and would have loved to see even more of them.
Konatsu can imply whatever she'll imply, Yota is the father and that's it.

user, it's been a pleasure to watch this series with all of you. I'm sad that it's over, but let's enjoy this last thread to its fullest.

I'm sure the reason Kiku took him in in the first place is that he saw a kindred spirit in someone who came to rakugo because he had nowhere else to go, as opposed to Sukeroku who seemed destined for it from the start.

>who's cuter

You mean who's the cutest?

Dis nigga right here.

I liked this scene so much. The feeling about how older generations getting replaced by their descendants. I can't even express it in words.

>Before she thought HE HAD KILLED HER FATHER
Um... no, I'm pretty sure she's talking about her teenagerhood in that scene. I'm sorry if that makes you mad?

I think it was definitely because he instantly reminded him of Sukeroku. Yota was in a same position as Sukeroku was when he approached 7th generation. Those were some intentional parallels but then the show kept telling us he's not exactly Sukeroku but I think a lot of people just didn't bother to think about it past the initial character setup.

It was great seeing Yota become Yakumo and being the Old and Wise master to his son. It was also great that despite this Yotaro was still his old goofy self.

I was smiling the whole time he was doing Shinigami and my fucking blood froze when Kiku showed up as a spirit. I was legitimately worried he was going to die right then and there.

This series is beyond great.

>Is he fucking immortal?

No, he's just Japanese. They live a long time, user. Turns out people live a long time when you don't eat burgers all day, have good health care, and don't fall off balcony windows. IIRC Japan has the highest number of 100+ citizens in the world.

You fuck off. It's part of the episode and the overall story. From this episode it's hinted that Yakumo might be the father of her first child. In which case that makes their entire relationship some next level shit.

I can't believe it's over. I only got into this in the past few weeks but god damn. Best series this year hands down. I can't take these feelings.

SekiTomo has the sexiest voice, but definitely not the mug to match it.

>He didn't have a natural talent for storytelling like Kiku and worked really hard
As if Kiku didn't work his ass off while constantly looking up to Sukeroku. But overall I agree, having Yotaro see the audience as the most important part of a performance and be tortured by a ghost of the past was a neat way of conveying how the present generation is shaped by the previous one.

Lovely ending to a lovely show. A bit tainted by the implications of usagi drop, but I still don't think Yakumo is the father.

These kind of things are always right to left order in Japanese movies/anime/manga. I think it's because people read right to left in Japan as opposed to left to right in every other country. I mean even a lot of time we see people walking or moving it's right to left in a lot of cases in Japanese media.

What did he mean by this?

Regardless, he's Yota's son, no matter if Kiku took out his sexual frustrations for Sukeroku on his daughter.

>handsome fuccboi in theatre
How many men does he service every day?