Will live action be good? What do you think

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4tCACKYolrs
youtube.com/watch?v=jgAiLmqGL-E
youtube.com/watch?v=MY1FL_CDqE4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Probably not, live-action adaptations are rarely good

You're right, but the desire to see it surpasses me

It will be a missed opportunity, but I know I'm going to watch it. Should have had a completely original story & character lineup for the new setting.

>netflix original
>death note
>american remake
>awful CG

It's like the stars have aligned to create the most comically bad thing ever committed to film.

I'll watch it, then make memes about it.

They will all, I suppose hahaha

>l is black
What do you think

Maybe now that the 2d goggles are finally removed, Sup Forums will finally see Light for what he truly was. A retarded idiot. To further drive this point home, they cast his nemesis as a nigger.

Pure genius on the part of the director, I think. Now, do you see? Your precious Light, finally bested by the darkness you despise, forcing you to realize how truly inferior he was. Not that you'll ever allow yourself to admit it.

Not gonna lie, former Kira follower here. This is fucking hilarious watching Kira crash and burn. But in all seriousness we can't let this guy kill L.

Mmm what?

Looks bad just from the casting. Light looks like a school shooter instead of chad/prettyboy and L doesn't match the original profile at all, at least in appearance.

It seems like it's going to happen the same as with starwars, Trying to revive something for more money ... But it ruined the double

There has never been a good (American) live action adaption of a cartoon, comic, anime, or video game. Arguably, never a good live action adaption for anything not by Americans either.

Why do you think that would change now?

Edge of Tomorrow was decent. Sadly that's the only one I can think of unless it's true that Inception was based on Paprika.

I don't know, I just asked for opinions to see what they thought

>Light is not attractive enough to be Light
>N
You tell me.

Hahahaha

>video game
Mortal Kombat says hello

>awful CG
Ryuk looks practical from what the trailer showed of him

It's gonna be great and I can't wait till everyone starts bashing it for no reason.

It wasn't based on, there was just some inspiration taken for the female protagonist, whatever her name was.

I don't understand why people think Light looks like a school shooter. He looks perfectly normal at the start, and at the end of the trailer, it's obviously after he's seen Ryuk for the first time, or killed for the first time. Hence why he's all sweaty and his eyes are red.

For people saying he's not "Chad" enough, I think you might be a little old and out of touch, because this guy IS the Chad of this current generation. He was the main character opposite Cara Delevingne in Paper Towns, which was 2015's top teen romance flick. He looks a bit hipster and trendy looking here, his girlfriend is even a cheerleader, and there's no basis at all to think he isn't smart.

There's just a lot of assumptions being made with what little we've seen.

>marvel movies and deadpool aren't good
>"lol it's only americans who suck at everything though other random nobody countries have totally made good ones"

You're grasping so bad that this must be the ultimate bait post.
>Netflix Original
Implying that's a bad thing, meanwhile a huge amount of Netflix originals are successful and well-received ala Daredevil, Black Mirror, etc.
>Death Note
Its twelve volumes has over 30 million copies in circulation. In most surveys, it makes it into the top 10 best manga/anime
>American Remake
I'll give you that for now, but the success of both this remake and Ghost in the Shell will decide if Americans have redeemed the ability to remake manga/anime into Hollywood movies.
>awful CG
No CG has been shown at all, what we've seen of Ryuk is visually all practical effects

There was just so much wrong with your post that it warranted this (You), but something inside me is saying this was a bit of actual belief behind this bait.

Look at this photograph.

Every time i do it makes me laugh

Give me a .webm, I'm not going to give these faggots views and make their video viral.

How did our eyes get so red

JUST
FUCK MY LIGHT UP

>can't even get the squat right
over
the
line

>L is black and out in public wearing a hoodie to cover himself while addressing a live news crew in public
>Light being chased by cops through an alley
>Ferris wheel coming undone and falling apart
Yeah gotta action it up for that western audience!
It's going to be fucking shit.

This. Japanese schoolgirls can do it constantly (not really because it's comfortable, but because it prevents people from seeing up their skirts), why can't that nigger do it?

kind of hard to do when you're wearing

FUCKING.

SHOES.

listening to the death note soundtrack right now, it's so good. live action is going to have different music right? also, free my nigga taniuchi

>Director of the new Blair Witch

Hell no.

From the trailer is obvious how they will take off all the constant thrill, monologues and dramatic pondering of the original and put literal action scenes everywhere

People expecting good things about it are delusional as people expecting The Ghost in the Shell movie, wrote by the same genius who did the first 3 Transformers movie, to be any good

>L is a nigger
>Light is a strung-out drug user

>that chubby fag is supposed to be Light
>he's supposed to inspire fear
>he's supposed to be distilled psychopathy/narcissism
Here's hoping L looks better.

>Mr_Robot_leaked_season3_promo.jpeg

I'm just making excuses here but the hoodie thing makes sense. L wore stupid Japanese masks in public to cover his face, obviously that wouldn't transfer in America, so hoodie+ ninja mask thing is just the adaption of that.
Cops thing could be misleading to make us THINK it's Light being chased, or it's just an adaption of the cop chasing scene with Higuchi.
Ferris wheel is almost definitely an elaborate plan Light pulled through the Death Note not only to see how much devastation it could cause, but also to retract attention away from himself and simultaneously also killing someone there that he wanted dead.

Is that show any good? Sup Forums was all over it for some reason last year.

This, especially boots.
They should've cast L as a jap. Even in the anime he looks more nip than Light, it would've worked better imo.
Maybe his squat would've been more pro.

Literally end the drug user meme already. I get most of the complaints except this one. If you can't use basic context clues to understand why he looks like that in that one specific scene, you might not be very socially inept at reading situations in the real world. Aka: autism.

I am on Sup Forums though, what should I expect

>N

lmao

Well, since we are talking about Death Note, it have the exactly same feel about everyone trying to caught up everyone. At first it looks like really cliche, even lamp-shading a obvious twist in the first episode already, but it gets more and more intricate. For example, the series does not advocate or demonize any of the "factions". Nor the anonymous-like group or the federal agents are ever doing anything remotely ethical or objectively good.

That's the basic summary . If you liked DN, you should check it out.

I'm not talking about the screenshot in the second post I quoted, dingus.

Just fucking look at him, in any of the pictures.
>shitty hair
>shitty taste in clothes
>agape mouth
>just look at his fucking eyes in ANY screenshot, the eyes are the window to the soul - and his don't look like those of a confident man like the original Light was, those are the eyes of somebody with hatred, and those of a neglected man; not of a man desensitized to the modern world
It feels like he's doing it for revenge, not because of a God Complex.

Oh, and most people I've known that share those traits were druggies, or have other similar degenerate hobbies.
He's the kind of man that brings a knife to school "just in case".

Looks OK
Worth watching just for Dafoe desu

>hair and clothes
I'll stop you right there.

How old are you? Because your opinions are outdated. This is the popular style with the current generation.

Your other opinions are based on a total amount of like 5 seconds containing different shots of him. At least wait to see him start talking and acting to see how well he conveys Light. We haven't seen him act the character yet. I'm not promising that it's going to be good, I have no clue. But neither do you; that's the point.

If anything, now you're just overanalyzing because I called you autistic.

i think i would do drugs if i knew you in real life and bring a knife to school "just in case" you opened your idiotic mouth near me lmao

You know what, when I heard L was black I was sure that was going to ruin this movie, but after looking at Light's actor, black L isn't even an issue. Holy fuck Light looks like a giant fucking faggot. Light is supposed to look like a super model, that's why we used to always suggest that fag from highschool musical. Just look at this ugly cunt. Black L>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Light

ayyy

They missed the only opportunity to make this remotely good by not casting Rami Malek for L.

Instead they went for a tattoo'd hood nigger.

>I'm obviously not talking about the post I replied to, dingus

I'm not even the guy you're talking to but that's the most retarded thing I've read today. Nice one dingus

youtube.com/watch?v=4tCACKYolrs

This looks like it might be good.

Never ever.

Autistic shut-in black people are a rare sight, but it's always a based combination for a character.

If he does it right, he's probably going to steal the show.

>overanalyzing
I'm just pointed out the reasons why I thought Light looked like a druggie faggot.

>This is the popular style with the current generation.
>90s surfer hair look-alike
>clothes that look like his mum bought for him

But I don't really know the style that is popular over in the states, as I'm just a measly Moldovan. All I know is that it looks like fucking shit.

>Moldovan
hahahaha

He's not going to be able to do it right, because he's not L. The story was written with a specific character in mind. You don't seem to realize that L has NOTHING to do with being black or white or whatever and I guarantee that we're going to see some bullshit monologue on how racist white people are in the movie. They ruined it.

>Light looks like some edgy emo outcast that's about to shoot up the school
That's the worst damn thing about this.

Fair enough, and it is pretty shit, but that actually is the popular style in the states. It's the whole ironic hipster, slightly edited 90's style that's in.

Edge of Tomorrow
Silent Hill

It's awful. Much better than other "l33t haxxor" shit but still awful.

I don't care that he's black just that they might be changing the character from autistic recluse to edgy/cool black guy

Well, I do. I care when Asians are played by whites or the other way around, or blacks by whites too. We all have different skin colors. Why is everyone so fucking bent on trying to make themselves believe we're all the same? It matters.

The whole point of actors is that they become a specific character. What makes a good actor is how well they become the character. They don't choose the character or just dress up like the character and act like themselves.

There really isn't a basis for thinking the guy won't do good as L other than you seem to not really like black people much. Just because there's a black person in the show doesn't mean there's gonna be some kind of monologue about racism. That has nothing to do with the show unless Light is actually a Klansman targeting Black people specifically.

>Sup Forums getting triggered by le black menace
>forgetting every else looks way worse

I wish L weird choice was the only problem of this shit.

Look at this shit

>L going outside
>L being recognized
>L being a government spokesperson
>Literal Mr Robot design

Fuck this shit

what does it say about you if you see a black guy and immediately have preconceptions about his performance as a professional actor beyond his past work?

damn, he has tattoos. i guess hes a hoodrat. damn, hes black. i guess hes automatically suave. damn, youre racist.

Why the fuck did they make L look like some Anti-fa anarchist faggot?

Where the fuck do you think you are, kiddo?

>In most surveys, it makes it into the top 10 best manga/anime

Meaning it's popular. Popular =/= Good.

Rakugo just ended but if you ask most people what their AOTS is it's Konosuba. Not that Konosuba isn't good, but Rakugo is a frigging masterpiece and it didn't get the attention that Isekai all get nowadays.

>falling for it

There is only one kind of anime Live Action that could work

youtube.com/watch?v=jgAiLmqGL-E

Well the characters in this movie aren't Asian. That's the problem with your thinking.

They're black and white. It takes place in Seattle. This isn't the Death Note manga or anime, it's the story rewritten and adapted in an American context. It isn't meant to be a true adaption of the manga. If it was, then it should be Japanese as all fuck. But the world has already gotten 3 of Japanese movies plus a tv drama and a fucking musical.

what the fuck
why
did they even watch/read the source material?
i don't understand

anybody else see that huge dick bulge?

The anime itself wasn't even good, kinda hard to think an amerifat 3-D adaptation would be good

i guess thats what i get for posting with Moldovans

I'll actually be impressed if that black guy manages to get to the core of L's character.

Although that will ruin the precious balance the anime had. You pretty much got attached to both characters, but now you're likely to be cheering for L, because he WILL be the better character. Light just doesn't seem to have the same charisma, and he'll likely have a shittier motive for doing this. You're set up to fall in love with L, and cry when he dies at the hands of the (¡EVIL!) Light.

Isn't that the man L sent to address Kira on national TV and test his ability to kill people? It doesn't make sense any other way
Agreed.

Personally, I don't care about this much because I don't give a shit about Death note, but I can understand the anger. It's an awful feeling to see something you like be adapted poorly, I cant even imagine seeing a story I love get rewritten to take place in America and change the main characters to a black and a hipster. To give an example, I'm still mad about how horrible the Zero no Tsukaima anime adaptation was. If they took ZnT and rewrote it to take place in detroit with Louise being a hood bitch I'd be livid.

>L's figuring out what Kira takes to kill someone
>Gets some balls and shows himself live, in person, on tv with face covered to see if he gets killed
>isn't killed

It's Lind L. Tailor except this version of L is less assholish and is willing to put himself on the line instead. It's out of character for L, but just a minor thing.

Bull fucking shit. I love Star Trek, for example, and it's about the whitest show I can think of. Guess what?

youtube.com/watch?v=MY1FL_CDqE4

"Call anybody you want, they can't do anything to me, not any more, and nor can any of you. I am a Human being, dammit! You can deny me all you want but you can't deny Ben Sisko – He exists! That future, that space station, all those people – they exist in here! (pointing to his head) In my mind. I created it. And everyone of you knew it, you read it. It's here. (pointing to his head again) Do you hear what I'm telling you? You can pulp a story but you cannot destroy an idea, don't you understand, that's ancient knowledge, you cannot destroy an idea. (becoming hysterical) That future – I created it, and it's real! Don't you understand? It is real. I created it. And it's real! It's REAL! Oh God!" (he collapses, sobbing hysterically)

- Benny Russell (Benjamin Sisko)

Also he gets really pissed about having a 30's-40's club in the holodeck because it was a bad time for "his people".

WE

Why is it a film and not a series?

I agree with you, but real actors are always going to deviate from the original character. In my opinion live adaption are a fucking mistake in general.

L doesn't hide himself from the line of fire because he's an asshole but because he's the only one capable of getting the job done. Putting his life on the line is retarded. Also a big part of that Lind L Tailor thing was the incredibly smart strategy used to isolate Light's timezone. It was the real starting point of the story where Light acknowledged him as a real opponent and L made his declaration.

Edge of Tomorrow is great

>Misa is an edgy "queen bee" cheerleader
I honestly cracked up at that.

Yeah should have been a 5 or 6 part miniseries instead, as a single film it will feel rushed even if they do cut a lot of the original plot and characters out

Not entirely. L is afraid to die, revealed in a short moment. And him dying isn't exactly a big deal, as he and Watari have set up the Wammy House kids to replace him should anything happen. He knows he's not the only one who is capable.

This version of L is probably getting ballsy because he's even more intrigued with Kira. He doesn't care about his safety, he wants to delve deep into figuring out this person and get his hands into it. Because he isn't even doing this to help anyone or get a job done. He's doing it for himself because he loves playing the game.

Not really
It's confirmed L
Same

It is Lakeith Stanfield. That is why he is using a "mask"
Remember the scene where L talked to the CIA that he's taking the Kira case? Well that's the scene.

Le hacker culture dude bro

>L is edge Mr. Robot Hackerman
>Light is edge columbine shooter
>Misa is edge Harley Quinn cheerleader

Do you think there will be Evanescence, Linkin Park and Slipknot on this?

No what the fuck is wrong with you

That was misa?....

I get it if this is the only adaption we have and will ever get. Which is the case for some things. But Death Note has had TONS of live action adaptions that were true to the manga, with some small changes.

This is just a different version of the story.

That's the only reason why this isn't bothering people as much from the point of view you're mentioning. Most people are just worried it's going to be a shitty story or have shitty actors that don't convey the characters well enough. No one with a brain is mad that the story is changing, persay. They just don't trust that it's a good change.

Now if this was the only movie ever made about Death Note, that's a different story. Then we'd want a more true-to-the-manga adaption.

Wait, it's a movie? I thought it was going to be a TV series.
It's definitely going to be shit. No suspense, shitty, rushed pacing, not enough characterisation. It's sounds as if it's aimed at the people who have watched the anime already and are willing to pay some money to see a live action movie of an anime they liked. It's not going to be friendly to people who are watching DN for the first time. Can you imagine somebody's dad and mom enjoying this? It's simply not possible. The anime left plenty of time for you to think about both characters' motivation, and choose which one is right, and which one is wrong. Similar to what , there just wouldn't be enough time to flesh out the characters.

Holy shit, what were they thinking?

Yeah, it looks good. I'm refusing to read what Sup Forums thinks about it because every board on Sup Forums shits on anything and everything, so I already know they probably already hate it without any actual worthwhile reasoning behind it. And then there's people that read all that shit and just soak it up and join the flow since it's the popular Sup Forums opinion.

No, it looks derivative of those edgy YA novel films.
Like this scene Is that supposed to be when they go to the cafe? The lighting, L's outfit, everything about Light, fucking nighttime with rain pattering against the window. They need to de-anime it for a live action but what's the point when you go full retard in the other direction? Scene looks dumb with the edge turned up compared to the anime.

>I'm not gonna read the arguments, because I know they don't have it
>use it as a legit argument

The Japanese movie worked though.

It's funny that you brought up the dad and mom thing, because I watched the 2 live action Japanese Death Note movies, along with L Change the World, and they actually really got into it. They never watched the anime and never would, but they genuinely loved the movies. They're excited for the Netflix one now too because of it.

So those movies proved you can definitely fit the story in a movie's timeframe. It's just all about how the team does it.