not a king to be found
when it is R & R to be unbound!

Kazushi Hagiwara

Bald

I miss Real more than hxh

Berzurich.

This
>not one but TWO series on hiatus
>still, the longest hiatus (when both series are not updated, not just one) of them belongs to him
Absolute Madman.

All of these are small fry compared to Clamp
>14 years later
>still won't do the ending of X

This guy on the other hand just gave up? The hiatus is so long I doubt he'll ever come back. So maybe it's not a 'break' at all.

not saying he's king, but i like miura because he's an im@s fag
72 a shit though
i also don't care about berserk

>reading haitus crap
Hahaaa.
A friend of mine told me he was reading the new Berserk chapter yesterday. I was like - wait that shit is still running?

Theoretically Miura also has 2 series in hiatus (well had since berserk just got a chapter).

New challenger arrives.
>Mrs '7 pages long chapter once a quarter '

how does one even get a fanbase or decent sales working like that?

Tanigawa.
Probably has the largest amount of active seasonal BD buyers waiting.

The funny thing is, last time I checked, D Gray Man's new volume sold really well, I think it was around 300k first week. Better than most WSJ series of today.

maybe it's desperate fans buying it thinking it will encourage the creator to work harder

i can't imagine any other scenario

It's the opposite actually. Because they had big fanbase they can pull off shit like this.

You start becoming a hiatus-master once you have a solid following so you can pull it off without your editor deciding otherwise. You need to have the upper hand.
See : Togashi who could pull of the most advantageous contract in the fucking world because he almost singlehandedly sold the Jump for the decade that followed the end of DBZ

Togashi is such a weird-looking faggot. How did he land a cutie like Takeuchi?

>he almost singlehandedly sold the Jump for the decade after DB ending
I always didn't get this anecdote. YYH ended before DB and Slam Dunk (two best sellers of Jump at that moment) so he couldn't save it from anything. If you mean HxH, it was selling really great, but at the same time there was One Piece, Kenshin and Yu Gi Oh and a few months after HxH premiered, Naruto. So also hardly a WSJ crisis in my opinion.

The hiatus king is Bastard's author. Togashi a best.

Is D Gray Man worth reading?

this is why I don't read manga

anime is always gareenteed to have some sort of stopping point

early HxH was seen as a much, much safer bet than One Piece since Togashi was an established name and Oda was a newcomer

>start off in a weekly shonen magazine
>get large fanbase hooked
>go on hiatus
>move to monthly magazine
>???
>profit

she's pretty ugly

Better record than Togashi and Miura until last month

from what i've read, it's very bland shonen

Azuma

It's depressing that a lot of anime is literally a form of advertisement for the source material since it rarely gets fully adapted

Anno

even so doesn't your fanbase go to shit if you barely release shit?

I raise you Madam Once in a Blue Moon since 1997.

What about Hiatus Queens?

Reminder that Nips are lazy as fuck and 'hiatus' and 'illness' is just a commonly accepted excuse for this, and the 'horrid slavelike working conditions' are nothing compared to a real blue collar job. Artists really make me sick the more I think about it.

Still lose to

artists are always working man

They're waiting for inspiration

Maybe he's funny.

Miura. idc if anyone else had longer hiatus, that fucker dropped BERSERK to play IDOLMASTER.

The one who draw Bastard!!
I think it's been 10 years now

CLAMP

To be fair fucked up wrist kind of forces it.

>Nanatsu no Ougonkyou from Yamamoto Sumika has been on hiatus for close to 40 years because the mangaka became the leader of a cult.

CLAMP don't go on hiatus, they neglect old manga to work on shiney new ones.

Why is she on hiatus? Is she hooked on Idolm@ster too?

If we're talking about non Sup Forums lazy geezers, what about GRRM? The fucker needs to finish the book he's working for years and make a new one and that'd be it. Why such a slow pace?

Mangaka work an average of ~100 hours a week. Let's say that 1 chapter takes 1 week. From his wiki, Togashi has created at least 580 chapters of manga. That's 58,000 hours of work.

The man is 48 years old so, in order to match that equivalent by an average full-time job (40 hours/week), he would have had to work 40 hours/week since he was 21 with no vacations/breaks/whatever. That's not even including several of his works, illustration training, supplementary work, etc.
Not to mention that he has a wife and two kids.

Mangaka get paid per page by the publishers and then look to make a large portion of their money on merchandising and tankoubon sales. Mail-in (or email-in) reviews and, more importantly, sales of those products are where mangaka benefit from fans. When was the last time you bought a Japanese tankoubon of HxH? A YYH reprint will get him way more cash way faster than putting out HxH chapters ASAP (which I'm sure he's doing anyway).
Most Western fans are probably reading illegally published HxH on a foreign media site and haven't touched a tankoubon in years, let alone gone out of their way to buy a new one from Japan (resells don't benefit the artist). Most of them have no idea how much time and effort Togashi puts into his work because they don't even know what goes into making a comic.
I dare anyone who complains to draw a single manga chapter and try to make it as good as a chapter of HxH. It's really hard.

This is a problem with the new media generation: they sit here and enjoy a product for free and then get uppity when they don't get their weekly fix. It's a one-sided relationship where the fans who give nothing to the creator enjoy the greatest reward. If you're going to reap the benefits of someone else's labor at least have the dignity to do so with some modicum of self-awareness.

Bored of it. The series is two decades old and the tv-series has eclipsed his books in popularity.
Dude will keel over before he gets the last one out since he's going to write it for another 7 or 8 years after the next one is released.

Shit brah and I work like that much

I pick him.

they are never gonna release it
steam is too profitable and it takes zero effort. why make a game when it takes effort and there is no financial incentive?
half life is extremely over rated anyways

Hey hey! Barasui please come back! ;_;

Relevant

A passionate rant that I wholeheartedly agree.

>6 years
He sure is getting up there, now.

i think he's dying desu

but HxH still started in like 96 or something, while DB ended in 86. So Togashi clearly wasn't saving jump for the decade between those.

I think it's more likely he got married, or something.

why should I be expected to buy a Japanese release? It's useless to me, I can't read it.

I do buy the official tanks in my language, but it's not my fault that I happen to live in the wrong country, or the system is set up in such a way, that it's impractical for me to show my monetary appreciation.

That one that did Abnormal kei Joshi

stand aside bitches. This guy is so goddamn slow he managed to make the adaptation catch up to the original opera and SURPASS it.

but strictly talking about mangakas togashi has to be the worst of the lot

Fucking true, and never finished Hyakko either.

when was the last chapter of vagabond published?

iv read this shit so long time ago that i dont remember anything but the blind dude, the farm arc and the 1v100

Miura is by far the worse of the lot
The rest is like little babies

What about just authors that aren't on a hiatus, but you wish would just write more in general?
;_;

What about authors you wish would resurrect from the dead?

Miyazaki, come back to manga!

What about authors who aren't even born yet?

A quote I read somewhere: "What a mangaka the world lost in Miyazaki."

I don't know OP, let me think about it for a month or two and then I'll come back with the answer you crave.

>started glass mask back in 1976
>last volume was released back in 2012
>on hiatus ever since

literally who can compete

I'd add the detail about practically starting the hiatus from 1997, then restarting on 2008 in a different magazine with a chapter every once in a while.

Christian Weston Chandler

MIURA FINISH IT ALREADY

Tomoki Hasegawa

X will never be finished

Inoue.

Real was a 10/10, and Vagabond doesn't even have an ending.

At least Miura and Togashi's series are still technically ongoing.

Fuck you Inoue you lazy piece of shit.

Why is Togashi so BEST?

Isn't that because the rights are owned by a dead magazine.

Ad hominem. Just because we're trash doesn't make our argument less accurate. Some mangaka are lazier than others.

Inoue, where's HOTD, that will never be finished.

Simplifying it like that is exactly what makes you trash. Manga is an industry that inherently leaves out laziness. Pointing out a genuine guy here and there does not invalidate the user's post in any way, shape or form.

Seeing Miura's entire body of work for the last 25 years and calling that lazy is beyond fucking stupid.

>tfw no new NANA chapters since 8 years ago.

Then how does almost everyone else (some way less popular) pull it off.

assistants, not defending togashi (overrated)

He's smalltime but still

this, i hate that lazy bastard so much

I don't even know who the other two faggots are, so Miura it is.

Bastard is an older manga than all of them mentioned in your post.

But nobody cares about it anymore.

If you are a Berserk fan, you should care about the manga that also inspired Berserk monster designs.

Is the guy sick or something? I remember one time I called him lazy, but somebody reprimanded me and told me that he was suffering from some illness.

I'm not too sure if this is true though. Although when I was told this, it was literally years ago. I truly do think he's just lazy now.