Where were you when Yamakan saved anime?

Where were you when Yamakan saved anime?

old meme

>Wake up Girls.

People who care save anime

>muh artform and cultural elite
>we must appeal to the larger culture or else its worthless!
Good thing he is incapable of doing anything right, so there is nothing to worry from that side.

>you will never write about anime on your thesis
why even live

Yeah shinbo can't do anything right. Only anime he made that was decent was SZS which was carried by its source

Watching Fractale.

Does Yamamoto even still have a job?

Yes. Saving anime

His thesis is a complete joke.
Why do you think he had to grind through the animation and media industry instead of grabbing an easy seat in a smaller university? Because writing your thesis about anime instantly destroys any and all credibility you could have unless you take the angle of it being a widespread cultural product.

What part of your comment has any value? At what point does a man simply give up on life and write something like this?
>His thesis is a complete joke
You read it?

>I don't know how academic disciplines work
This is a thesis in philosophy.
In thos particular field, the closer you are to directly touching on a concept, the more value your work has.
Another possibility is to work on second degree and analyzing a text or corpus with a sizeable conceptual reach. This is not as good since it is commentary rather than creationg of newer material but it can has its use.
Then you have the possibility of doing a third degree study by taking another type of work, tie it to philosophical texts and ideas and at this point you are much closer to comparative literature or media analysis than you are philosophy. This is a very well known tactic for universities to churn out more degree holders without properly training them, it pads their stats by increasing the number of succesful degrees per year and it's a great way to get your less talentuous students get reach their endgoal without much risk since this type of content is not hard to generate, completely derivative and is very rarely quoted or used by anyone, it falls into the archives and thus its low quality never comes back to stain the reputation of the university or the thesis director (while both can boast pushing more doctorates/masters)
This is especially true in competitive universities that need to remain attractive and do so by quoting their number of yearly graduates and a high percentage of succesful students.

Wasn't Yamamoto the original director of Lucky Star before he was fired for being a shit

He was reassigned for being too visionary

>getting yourself fired from the best studio ever for sexual harassment
What a dumb guy. And iirc he was fired from his own studio recently too.

Tokyo Design Academy is one of the most prestigious art schools in the world.

Kyoanus is garbage. What anime have they made that wasn't a watered down version of the source?

>stale old pasta
Actually the most professional is Shinbou, being overly concerned with looks even while your focus is not pr shows lack of knowledge and even ability on animation field, supposedly his field of work.

All of them. But if you want an example, lucky star.

Air, Kanon, Haruhi, Lucky Star, K-On, Nichijou, Hyouka, Tamako Market, Hibike

Lucky Star was shit, the director didn't know what he was doing.

Are you serious? I'll give you Haruhi as a maybe. That's the best I can do

Yamakan is probably biggest human failure I ever seem in anime industry and you know anime industry is full of human failures, he is almost like that overly pathetic pretentious sub- character everyone hates.

Sup Forums is the only community that hates him because it's full of retarded manchildren.

Gotcha, Tamako Market is an original.

Seriously though, these shows are very pretty faithful adaptions and often elevated the source material on top of it.

>anime has boxed itself into a dead-end
>anime is more mainstream than it's ever been
Sure, mainstream won't be watching Lucky Star or K-On!, but Yamakan was full of shit back then.

That being said, is he even still relevant.
I haven't heard of him since 2011.

Wake up Girls

Watching shows by Trigger and KyoAni.

>>anime is more mainstream than it's ever been
What are you, 12? Jesus christ.

So you were one of the people destroying anime while he was trying to revive it?

I dont understand why people disliked Wake Up Girls.

It was one of the best, if not THE best, idol shows to grace our existence

Maybe because It was filled with QUALITY.

Literally the same reason people hated fractale. They hold grudges too easily

Its animation was terrible.

Huh?
Yamakan said anime had become too niched, whereas my point was that anime is more mainstream than it's ever been.

Anime has been getting more niche since Urusei Yatsura. It never stopped. And it definitely has not got more mainstream since Yamakan made those comments just because there is a gits and DN western adaptation.