This is the only anime worth watching dubbed, period

This is the only anime worth watching dubbed, period.

Prove me wrong; you can't.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq9HDFsfD5k
m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDE1iogt1BA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=efAGSlINxrU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not liking dubs is a meme. I've never got the superiority complex people have with watching the original anyways. I actually love dubs and I don't care who knows about it. I'll literally watch a dub any chance its available as I can relate to the series better.

>railgun
>squid girl
>be bride is a mermaid
>heavens lost property
>FMA
>shamploo
>Inuyasha
>FLCL
>soul eater
>madoka
>bleach
>clannad
>etc

I'm sure there's tons of anime I'm not thinking about but that gets the point across.*

While I can see your point about relating better, subs are closer to the way the medium was meant to be experienced, and dubs have a bad tendency to add extra bits of dialogue to explain things that are supposed to be subtle (the Ghost in the Shell dub is the best example of this)

>Inuyasha
The anime that made me realize how shit dubs were. After watching a subbed episode, I couldn't go back to that nasally Kagome voice in the dub.

If you don't want to hear others opinions you shouldn't make a thread like this. I'm tired of pretending I don't like anime dubs just so I don't cause a scene.

>the original is always better meme

You're literally 100% user.

>Hellsing
>Black Lagoon
>Durarara
>Code Geass
Plenty of anime are simply better dubbed desu

Pretty much any comedy anime as well.

Not always, hence Cowboy Bebop. But for the rest of the Anime I've seen, yes, original is always better. That goes without saying with all foreign media, because English voiceovers almost always add in unnecessary dialogue or terrible voice acting.

Baccano, Trigun, Outlaw Star, and cowboy bebop are it.

>Code Geass dub
Truly patrician taste. Someone I know tried to get into Code Geass with the subs and dropped it on like episode 4. It just isn't the same without glorious Johnny Yong Bosch voicing Lelouch. He also voices Vash in Trigun, which also has a fantastic dub.

Thanks for your ""opinion""

I don't watch a lot of comedy but I always figured that's because they localised the humor to be more funny to western audiences.
Not as good as JEREMIAH GOTTWALD tho. Any anime with Crispin Freeman is automatically better dubbed

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq9HDFsfD5k

>Any anime with Crispin Freeman is automatically better dubbed
Why do people keep saying this? I've heard him, he sucks.

If they want to make good dubs they need to hire people like Billy West and John Dimaggio, people who know what emotions are and how to express them in a realistic way.

8:45 - 9:10

>thread

Golden Boy was pretty good dubbed imo

>I've heard him, he sucks.
u suck

These days, i only watch english dubs. I kinda grew to hate japanese dubs while watching anime and now it's only dubs for me.

This is your example of a "good" dub?

Wow.

>people who know what emotions are and how to express them in a realistic way.
>Anime
>Expressing emotions in a realistic way.
EEEEEEEEEHHHH? NANDATE!?!?!

steve blum was shit compared to yamadera

wrong

>Onizuka
>Better in sub
>Not in "weird but enjoyable"

Onizuka's dub is fucking legendary. Steve Blum literally voices like half the characters in the whole show and it's trippy but hilarious at the same time.

There are a number of scenes where it's just a Steve Blum character talking to another Steve Blum voice character so it's like Steve Blum had a schizophrenic episode and started talking to himself.

If you don't want to hear others opinions you shouldn't make a post like this. I'm tired of pretending I like anime dubs just so I don't cause a scene.

is it bad that I liked the GTO dub?

You piece of shit! Clannad is a good dub!

dubs are fucking shit

even this one is mediocre at best

Put SnK dub at the absolute bottom

fucking garbage dub that ruins the voices of both MC's

You're such a hipster.

I find the problem with dubs to be that while the main cast can be good usually it's not as good with the side cast. To me the only worth while dubs are dubs that actually add something better that the jap dubs don't so that it can recompensate for what I mentioned. To me because of that the only three dubs that I've come across and were worth while (besides stuff like Ghost Stories, Garzey's Wing etc.) would be:
Black Lagoon - The whole last arc just ruins the immersion with having suddenly Revy speak english, because she's supposed to not know japanese and it's even worse because the english she speaks is terrible. To a japanese viewer that last part might not be as much of a problem, but since we hear the heavy accent it just ruins the effect.
Beck - Again english is the problem. It's the language the characters sing in, and the heavy accent just ruins the songs.
Hellsing - This not so much as the last two, but it's kind of cool to hear the characters from different nationalities speak in different accents. Black Lagoon had a bit of that as well, which adds to it.

>the way the medium was meant to be experienced
Pretty sure the Japanese audience doesn't read their anime. This is the flimsiest and most objectively wrong reason to prefer subs.

you're such a faggot

If you can only find that much dibs worth watching you've not watched very many anime. Do you walk around in everyday life thinking everybody sounds like shit?

TTGL

Kamina, Kitan, fucking Steve Blum as Ron are all god tier, pretty much the whole cast is.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDE1iogt1BA

There are many obvious reasons why dubs are inferior to subs and even more why they are inferior to raws. Choosing dubs is fine, but maybe you should ask yourself why you're even watching these shows in the first place. There's plenty of original English media where you don't have to deal with failed script writers and actors working under poor conditions.

>closer
Dubfag reading comprehension.

Also this is a recommendation thread, but for some reason mods allow dub rec threads. Not surprising given their acceptance of e-celeb threads.

Technically speaking, all anime is "dubbed." Original Japanese, later English, Spanish whatever.

Rossiu did nothing wrong
pertaining to the fact that he's voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch

Are you really that close minded? You're the type of guy that would say a musket is better than a modern gun because it's closer to the original. What matters is how everything comes together as a whole and that's all opinion. Neither is "inferior" user.

I'm not a native English speaker so dub feel wrong to me regardless of how good it may appear to be

>closer
Oh, so your actual reasoning is "dubs are poorly done" and not "reading your anime is objectively superior". Next time just say that.

Why do people call Japanese audio (aka Japanese dub) "sub." You don't listen to subtitles.

audio =/= dub you mouthbreather

Only good Dub is dragon ball z, anything else is trash

Its only a dub if you are recording over the original track. aka dubbing process. The original track isn't a dub. Therefore its called Japanese audio.

don't be a figgit if you dont know don't say anything.

Both the series and the OVA.

A lot of the originals are bad but people don't understand Japanese so they can't tell.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=efAGSlINxrU

I've heard multiple say say "I thought this was going to be a shit engish cover song but it turns out it was actually good"

news flash: it's the same person singing the song. You just can't tell the difference in quality because you can't understand

Superior dub

>A lot of the originals are bad but people don't understand Japanese so they can't tell.
Fucking this.

>wolf's rain
Oh yeah the dub was really good

>Gurren Lagann
>god tier dub

Opinion discarded.

Dubs are a crime against humanity and Cowboy Bebop is trash-tier bullshit only normies and westaboos like.

durarara is a shitty dub desu

You're saying that because you watched it in sub first and now the dub sounds weird when if you watched the dub first you would likely not feel the same.

>inb4 i watched the dub first
Stop lying to yourself.

redline
a film

DBZ dubbed is better because you don't have old lady goku

I watched all of this show, and season 2, in english. I tried going back to watch it in Japanese, and I think that most of the voices sound better in Japanese EXCEPT Squid Girl.
This was also my first anime i ever watched

Golden Boy

>except squid girl

You mean the main character?

Space Dandy.
DBZ.
Case by case thing, usually stick with Original audio unless I hear otherwise of it or nostalgia.

>not even one good anime in that list
I guess im never going to find the likes of a good dub then.

Unfortunately, i think so, yeah.
I don't know, her voice in the english dub is really good, and cute. It might be because i watched it in english first.