Madoka

Be honest, Sup Forums. You didn't expect this to happen at all, did you?

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/a/thread/44966724/#44968094
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AllThereIsToKnowAboutTheCryingGame
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No, didn't even know the name Urobuchi.
It really took the wind out of me.

I didn't even know what happened until later, could have been a bit more explicit. You can't have shock value and then censor out the shock.

I was expecting something, so it wasn't a complete surprise. Sayaka and Homura's arcs threw me a loop though. Especially episode 10.

I downloaded the episodes from some website to watch and Ep. 6 was subbed in the fucking Madoka world language. I'm still mad about that

Look at the catalog.

No.
But it ended up not even mattering in the end because of the dimension jumping shit anyway.

I knew a-head of time.

I think everyone browsing Sup Forums expected it because it was spammed everywhere

Pretty much me.

I don't even think half of Sup Forums was here when this aired. OP is evidence of this

It was obvious for me because everyone who discussed it brought in "clever" head puns whenever mami came up see

desuarchive.org/a/thread/44966724/#44968094

Did I expect madoka to be a boring, pretentious, and all around shit anime? I had my suspicions since viewing the threads and the fan base, but I was surprised just how bad it ended up being.

My friend told me to watch it
I messaged him that I finished episode 2, and still didn't know why he wanted me to watch this

Some of the things he sent to me:
''Just keep watching''
''Don't get ahead of yourself now''
''Just dive in head first into the episode''

A day after he told me that he had sent me puns
I look back to the messages

That sneaky motherfucker

I knew that Mami loses her head
6 months later, I am still in shock

Too many death flags I knew something was going to happen, plus the series was described to me as subversive and dark so I kind of expected something to go down.

The bit that got me the most was her teacup just casually dropping after her finale. The concept that she always got a tea after her finishing move was cute but then her obviously not being around to catch it was a big moment that really finalised the whole event.

QB's "anti-entropy" rationale for magical girls surprised me more than Mami's death. Surprised with how fucking shitty the writing was.

He's a liar. I know the writers 'n shit say he isn't, but they're just lying too.

well I knew something would happen on ep 3 because all y'all fucks wouldn't stop talking about how that was the turning point.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AllThereIsToKnowAboutTheCryingGame

delete this image

I didn't watch it when it aired but I did dodge spoilers so it threw me off a bit. That said, the whole internet was WATCH TILL AT LEAST 3 BUT FOR NO REASON NOTHING HAPPENS by then so I was waiting for something.

I got the impression that Sup Forums disliked this show, was I wrong?

Mami didn't deserve to die

The main reason I actually kept watching the show was because I really liked the creepy design of the labyrinths and monsters and the ED, so I actually was expecting some fucked up shit to happen.

Obviously it would be nigh impossible to exactly predict who would die in what way.

Yes because I got spoiled before watching it

Actually it was this that got me to start watching it.

I actually started watching the show BECAUSE I was spoiled about Mami's death.

"A dark magical girl anime where one of the heroines is brutally killed early on via decapitation? Sign me the fuck up!"

This I wasn't expecting.

How could you not expect a cute girl to die a terrible undeserved death when reading Akame ga edge?
The manga practically makes a show of pointing out that nobody is safe except the titular character and maybe the mc.

Tat specifically, no, but clearly Mumi was gonna die there. She was setting up death flags all over the place that episode. All she needed to do was say she was close to retirement to hit them all.

I watched it with Sup Forums when it first aired.

We definitely knew something was up. With a full week between episodes, there was plenty of time to analyze and figure things out. From the moment she was introduced, there was no way she'd live past episode 4.