2017 and anime still isn't 60fps standard

>2017 and anime still isn't 60fps standard

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wD0oepVY1fQ
youtube.com/watch?v=QKRHupgvvN4
youtube.com/watch?v=HK7nzPcZrYE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Watch anime at 4x you dummy, that is faster than 60 FPS.

60fps looks gross for anything that isn't a video game.

>2017
>anime airs in the exact same resolution that it did back in 1987

just fuck my shit up senpai

>2017
>there are still studios who don't even have their rendering software set to a minimum of 1080p

>implying they animate enough frames to justify it

60fps anime looks like shit, though. Just look in a mirror if that's what you want.

I hope you enjoy CGDCT for the rest of your life.

Sup Forumsermin trash

Human eye can only see 30 fps.

>wanting disgusting 60fps in anime
>wanting to increase the workflow of animator twice as much, while they are already underpaid and overworked

They probably could fake the 60fps but that is still disgusting to watch, they tried it on 3DPD films and it didn't work out, went right back to 29fps and below.

3D anime is even lower framerate than traditional anime.

There's a difference between frames per second and UNIQUE FRAMES per second

Most anime is drawn on twos or threes, that is, each unique frame will be shown twice or three times at 24 frames per second

Also traditional animation makes use of techniques of skipping certain parts of an animation and exaggerating certain movements to make the animation look better despite "missing" frames in between actions

Japanese 3D animators haven't figured out a good way to accomplish this so it looks like shit

Use smooth video project

I haven't ever seen Berserk, but this really isn't as bad as I was expecting. I'd always imagined the show as being like Love Live CGI or something.

This. The human eye has lots of motion blur for things that aren't in focus. Without a VR with an eyetracking system to apply motion blur to anything the eye is not tracking, then either you have to make everything blured, or everything unnaturally motion-sharp. This is why HFR movie didn't get popular, it doesn't feel natural.

People experimentei different frame rates and shutter speeds to achieve an image closer to that of the natural perception of the eye, and that is 24fps with 180º shutter degree.

is it even possible to make anime with 60k+ frames per episode

I have interpolation + tscale=linear enabled in MPV and it improves panning shots tremendously without fucking up everything else. I wish I could record in a decent enough quality to demonstrate.

Interpolation is cancer.
There is no interpolation that doesn't create a smudged mess on edges of cell animation.

You are cancer.

If there are any smudges, I don't see them.

Yeah.

>stuck with cgi flash animations at 24fps
>studio thinks that 1080 wide = 1080p

That joke stopped being funny years ago.

>no re zero ep today

24fps is really all you need. Even 48 looks absurd.

who was in the wrong in here?

CG anime like Etotama looks amazing at 60fps.

It's pretty sexy in one punch man since there's a lot of movement in the fights

The human eye can't perceive more than 30fps anyway.

The movies you watch are about 25-30fps, anime is around 22fps~i guess. It's just the cinematic way to make films look better, it doesn't have to be smooth. Anime would take much more time to process (animation) with 60fps

>wanting the same three lip flaps in 60fps

Japan could never decide if it was going to be a 3rd world country or a 1st world one.

To many technological anachronisms when you go there.

Ironically, I haven't figured out if anime is the cause of Japan's stagnation or the only thing keeping it from flat out falling at this point.

Stop with this 60fps meme. 60fps is only good for games.

fuck 60fps where's my VR experience? i want to fuck anime butts like

Have you ever watched a movie/cartoon in 60 FPS? They always look like shit.

>22fps i guess
Just shut up and don't spout nonsense claims pulled out of your ass without even doing a basic google check, dumbfuck.

1) Take a slow motion sakuga legit 24 cells per second shot.
2) change speed with Avisynth
watch the mess it becomes.

I can do it if you find such a scene for me to speed up as an example. I have nichijou here on my hd, but I'm too lazy to skim around it. Tell me what time from what episode.

No, putting 200% on your player won't work because it will be choppy as fuck, it needs to be reencoded in 60fps properly.

>muh fps

If only people could stick to only ONE hobby the world would be a better place. Diversity is fine, don't ruin it by mixing everything.

Isn't worth a damn if the artstyle and plot are shit

This.

youtube.com/watch?v=wD0oepVY1fQ

60 fps is great but its weird that we aren't getting 120 fps quality. Maybe the animation industry in japan is just bankrupt.

why stop at 60

Why can't they use software like Maya and 3D Max to auto-fill the missing keyframes, therefore making it look smoother?

>60 fps is great but its weird that we aren't getting 120 fps quality
What the fuck are you trying to say? Honestly; I don't play games and what the fuck is "120 fps quality" supposed to mean?
Fuck off.

Not him, but he just means it runs at 120fps. I play my games at 144fps.

You don't need that for cartoons, though.

Fucking Catan. Not even once.

>cartoons
Come the fuck on, user.

what?

yui butt is for hug, not fug.

>he fell for the 144fps meme

If you hever tested gaming on a CRT at 60, 72, 100, 120 you would realize you hardly would need to go any higher than 75hz at all if LCD technology weren't simply shit (and native implemented lighstrobe in game mode was a standard. Too bad LCD is so shit that even the hack that is lightstrobe, fucks colors completely)

I feel like the biggest problem I have with CG anime is the low framerate. It just looks so awkward and stitched together that it's hard to enjoy. It's especially noticeable when CG is inserted into shows which are animated traditionally.

I will say that Show by Rock!! actually did a good job with the CG segments. They were very fluid and quick, and when there was CG on the screen there wasn't anything drawn, which makes it much more watchable.

Anyone have some webms from the precure 3D animation thing? It's fluid and it "looks" good, but god, the direction is awful.

Your brain cannot process anything above 25fps.

Take your high res bullshit back to Sup Forums.

Many animes rendes CG at 12fps. When it is rendered at 24 I think is fine.

I don't know what's up with 12fps CG, if is cost-cutting or they somehow think it blends better with cell animation (which I think it isn't the case since that is simply nonsense) Anyway, 12 fps in CG doesn't work because each frame is actually planned one by one on Cell, while keyframes in CG are usually further apart than each other, so most of intermediate frames are not "smart key moments" of the animation.
Animating CG at 8 or 12 keyframes per second is simply too much work to do manually. May be even worse than Cell animating at 12 fps.

That berserk excerpt is simply awful.

>animes

Weak bait.

It won't be too long, user-kun. First VR dating sim comes out next month. youtube.com/watch?v=QKRHupgvvN4

>huur correct circlejerk terminology
>huur there is no plural in Japanese

Kill yourself, autist.

>playstation
Not excited until we have gen 2 vr with eyetracking.

VR without eyetracking is faded to flop. Low res, no parallax defocusing, which would be essential for objects close to your face like you kissing a virtual girl.

>60 fps is the end all for any medium because reddit told me so
Off yourself.

>huur correct circlejerk terminology
Everybody is correcting you - that doesn't mean there's something wrong with me, it's them!
>huur there is no plural in Japanese
There is, though. It's contextual. Just like sheep can refer to a single sheep or multiple sheep depending on the circumstances

Where the fuck do you think you are?

60 fps still images with moving mouths.

Depending on who you play with, there's a very likely chance it'll turn into cucking - the game

wat

>everybody
>a dozen autist neckbeards

Actually I do know that you autists nitpick this dumb thing every fucking time you see it, I just forget to deliberately write it wrong once to please fuckers like you, yet there had to be a single faggot that couldn't let it slide, haven't it? Kill yourself.

>There is, though.
No, grammatically there isn't.
Counter words and contextual syntax still isn't by definition, plural, since that is a grammar concept referring to inflections. You are blatantly wrong.

>needing more than 30 fps for anything
>so untalented can't even make anything with less than 10 fps

fps cancer please go.

anime doesn't air in 640x480 anymore it's 848x480 minimum and that doesn't even account for the differences in quality for just being a digital format shut the fuck up with your complaints and come back when you have actually watched something from the wood age my friend.

Wood age?

Back before there were stones to bang together all we had was wood and we were fucking thankfull.

>848x480 minimum
Jesus fuck, another idiot taking claims out of his arse.

No one in the professional industry encode at that non-standard resolution. Standard definition is enconded in D1. AKA: 720x480. (486 for sony) Only shitty amateur encoders used to do 848x480. So shut up.

By the way, I don't know a single example of non-web anime mastered in SD for the last, I don't know, 5~6 years.

So SD anime was a lot more common in 2010 and 2011 than it has been since then? Hmm...

You don't want to fill in the missing frames, the missing frames are what give life and energy to animation. If you just filled in every frame than the movement would become too robotic and smooth.

Nice double post

60 FPS is great for CGI and live-action but utterly impractical for 2D. Also, framerate modulation is part of the fun when it comes to 2D animation.

even this?
youtube.com/watch?v=HK7nzPcZrYE

That's 24 FPS with very even spacing between the key animation.

>60 FPS is great for […] live-action
Tell that to the viewing audiences of the Hobbit, which was panned for upping the FPS from 24 to 48.

The audiences can go fuck themselves. I watched the Hobbit in both 24 and 48 FPS, the latter was so much easier on the eyes especially when it came to the battle scenes. 3D can fuck off though, it's shit.

The hobbit didn't get panned even though it didn't do quite as well box office as the first set it basically follows the steady downward slope of sequels.

Is this what you want OP?

Does anyone think this looks good?

The high FPS did. It has much higher amount of negative feedback than positive with Jackson saying "you'll get used to it".

>Also, framerate modulation is part of the fun when it comes to 2D animation.

I agree 100%

Cite your source, where the fuck did you poll the movie going public and ask them about this?

Post original for comparison.

Interpolation will always produce weird looking results compared with natural frame rate. It's fucking retarded to bring that up as an argument.

you realize cartoons area drawn, and aren't being filmed by a video camera right?

like, you're not going to get any blur at all unless the artists draw it, or if its animated at a high enough frame rate that you get to see it.

No one fucking polls movie-goers on a large scale. When a movie gets panned, it's the critical reception.

In addition, the Hobbit didn't even sell that many 3D and/or HFR tickets.
>Also, 3D — along with the pic’s flagship 48 fps format — contributed only 49% of the weekend gross, a much smaller share than expected but in line with how the format has performed.

That's just interpolation, actual 60 wouldn't look jerky like that but it would be a nightmare to animate and probably hella expensive

You can't get anime to 60 FPS without interpolation.

it'd be fine in a normal sequence. putting it in a short loop like that is gonna make any issue really fucking obvious.

60fps is mostly a gameplay thing, not visual.

Movies you see in theater are at 24 FPS.

Are you even thinking of the animators OP. Someone would be going to do those inbetweens.

Do you know how fucking low the wages are? (I guess not, since you're probably an american, and the fact that you made this thread) They would be doing over double the amount of work for less pay than working at McDonalds would yield.

>3D and/or HFR tickets sell less
Isn't that because they are more expensive than regular tickets? Sure was the case at my local theater.
>critical reception
From a rough sample of 30 top reviews on RT it seems to be 30% mention frames with the opinion that it changes the film neglegibly 15% think it is bad and 15% think it is good the rest mostly call it a cash grab sequel. So I call bullshit.

>60 fps
>when 24 fps is not even a standard
Sup Forumsermin, you're as stupid as Sony going for 4k when they can't even do 1080p properly.

Too much extra work

There's only one animated movie that maintains a consistent 24fps though.