Ghost in the Shell

Thoughts on Ghost in the Shell? Thinking about starting it and I want to know what Sup Forums thinks.

more like ghost in the shit

It's pretty classic.

Watch the first movie (don't watch the 2.0 remaster, it adds a lot of shitty effects), Innocence, and SAC. The rest of you so choose, but those three things are the best it has to offer non-manga

Look what we have here. A newfag all excited to watch GitS after hearing about the live-action movie. I'd bet a few bucks thathe thinks the anime and manga were based on the movie and not the actual other way around. Take some advice, newfriend. Do your research and don't ever make assumptions. You'll be much better off out there in the real world with the grown-ups.

>pork in the shell

Scarjo was great in Pork in the Shell

Just watch (or read) it you stupid faggot

Sup Forums was a mistake

It's nothing but trash. The movies consist of dumping quotes disguised as dialogue.

SAC is not as terrible but still not worth watching.

Arise was a mistake

The movies are hard to understand if you haven't seen anything else before. I enjoyed Stand Alone Complex and I think that it is something that should be watched. About the quality, it's more or less like Psycho-Pass s1 but 10 years ago.

>Walk in Taco Bell

Stand Alone Complex is what I recommend. Everything else is at your discretion.

Is arise worth watching?

Watch the '95 movie, then the two S.A.C.'s

Paz is best boy

Watch first movie, then watch all of SAC, then watch the 2nd movie. Then go read all the manga, and watch NOTHING else.

I've seen it as a kid and didn't understand it. Rewatched it after ten years and realized there is little in it to understand, As far as I could stretch my inner philosofag I can't help myself but to say GITS is either so subtle (like homeopathic level subtle) it missed me or it is exactly what the title says - a vague random idea of the creator in a pretty visual shell. A hollow doll that hides nothing but your thoughts about it.

SAC is brilliant, but the non-SAC movies are boring and stupid.

lol dude you sound like you need to get out more

First movie was good, but gets too much praise. It was groundbreaking for its time though (atleast as far was western audiences are concerned).
The 2 seasons of the anime series were really good. Sure had technobabble and muh 2deep philosophy at times, but it was compelling.
The other movies are garbage as are the mangas, especially Man-Machine-Interface.

>on Sup Forums
>suggest leaving home more frequently
Yeah you should get more often too, user.

>Is arise worth watching?

Absolutely not unless you suffer from insomnia.

>The other movies are garbage as are the mangas, especially Man-Machine-Interface.

How can people blatantly claim Gits is bad?
Are you all being sarcastic to keep newfags away or are you just being edgy contrarian pretentious teenagers?

I mean, one thing is criticizing some actual flaws, or saying you think is pretentious for the movies or too technical in the sci-fi and that is not your cup of tea. But claiming it is completely thrash is simply showing that you are the thrash, not the show you couldn't get it.

Not even memeing I was pretty severely sleep depressed when I watched most of Arise. I ended up enjoying it for the most part, but it was definitely the weakest entry in the franchise

stop liking what I don't like