Just watched 7, opinions?

Just watched 7, opinions?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VeaCU81z_NA
youtube.com/watch?v=qTZ3F3oIqt8
youtube.com/watch?v=3x-ZClLqSKY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>7

The only Macross series that is worth watching is Frontier. Everything else is shit.

7 is miserable, but very important to the setting.
And the parts they get right they do a really good job with. Shame how few of those there were.
Fire Bomber is totally rockin', though.

Best Macross, followed by SDF.

7 was insanely boring. Every episode was the same. Never did finish it or get further into Macross.

Its incredible how every episode (up till the piont I stopped at, when they found the planet) followed the same formula

Aliens show up, MC plays music, aliens run away. Wow fucking nothing happened.

They eventually change the formula. Then stick with that formula for several episodes. This process repeats several times until the last two or three episodes.
You're not missing a lot.

How can this guy be so smug after making Delta?

>He listened to Basara's song

It was great.

anything has to be better than breakdancing mechs

It is unironically my favorite Macross series out of all of them. It certainly has the best music.
youtube.com/watch?v=VeaCU81z_NA
youtube.com/watch?v=qTZ3F3oIqt8
youtube.com/watch?v=3x-ZClLqSKY

Its unironically my favorite Macross. This is despite me being well aware that the first 20 episodes are a complete slog after the formula gets tired. It does change around at some points, and its interesting when it does, but its something that would have been a lot better with half the episodes. A lot of their music is great, even beyond the anime. Basara is the best protag of any Macross protags. Also, those singing whales.

The first 20 episodes are a slog, but the last 10 episodes make it worth it.
Also yes, the OVA's are really great.
Dynamite 7 has this super comfy 90's feel to it.

7 is easily the worst fucking Macross series.

That would be II or Delta.

macross 7 is great. The people who hate it don't know how to have fun

Never watched II, but Delta is still miles better than fucking 7. I will never understand the people that like 7. You could literally cut half of the episodes of that piece of shit of a show and lose literally nothing other than repetitive episode following a formula number 9. The plot and the way that they handed the song magic bullshit was also really fucking retarded.

The only good thing about 7 are the OVA. They are surprisingly good.

II is garbage, but it has the best girl in the franchise.

I really hated Macross 7, but Basara flying that hang glider in the finale was incredible. It was like I just crawled out of the desert and someone bent down and moistened my tongue with an eyedropper. I only watched it because of the anime club--what a colossal mistake joining that was.

I thought 7 was ok aside from the fact that basara is a bigger jackass than any other in the macross universe. I honestly don't remember how it ended though, I saw it in its entirely like 20 years ago. I tried to rewatch it, but I dropped it about 20 episodes in becuase basara still pisses me off.

I don't see why you think you'd remember how it ended if you dropped it. You weren't even close to the end, either. It's 49 episodes. I know this because I didn't like it and watched all of them anyway.

I said I watched it 20 years ago once and I dropped it while rewatching it, which was last year.

Here, let me remind you:
So Basara dies because Sybil lifedrains him and Gepelnitch assumes his true form and decides to put his plan into action. Part of this involves folding the entire 7 fleet to where he's sitting. Anyway, Basara undies through some dumb bullcrap and Gepelnitch realizes he's screwed up by firing it off too early when he turns into a black hole that sucks in the spiritia of everything and loses control. Basara tries to make Gepelnitch listen to his song, but he's not having any of that and wrecks Basara's VF-19. Sybil shows up from wherever she'd run off to and saves Basara so that he can continue his antics. Sybil's trying to shoot Gepelnitch with her space magic but quickly realizes that won't do crap, so she starts singing. Gepelnitch is going through his nihilistic phase through all of this, but eventually figures out that Try Again is actually a really catchy song and starts singing along. Turns out that music is actually the key to creating spiritia and with this, Gepelnitch gets himself under control and stops the black hole. Now that the Protodeviln don't need to leech spiritia from other living beings, they bugger off to another dimension. Probably the same dimension the Vajra will eventually bugger off to.
Protodeviln and Vajra side series when.

>Now that the Protodeviln don't need to leech spiritia from other living beings, they bugger off to another dimension.

The fact, that the evil Protodeviln got off scot-free out of the all the bullshit that they did still pisses me off to this day.

Are they even piloting in macross or are they the equivalent of yugioh 5ds driver ?