JUST

JUST

Seems like a good fit. Now let's just hope the make-up is good.

>(voice)
Is he not physically playing ryuk as well? I hope it isn't some cg bullshit

He won't even need make up

He's actually the only good casting decision

Ryuk has no body in the Netflix series, the voice comes from the Death Note and only Light can hear it.

>dontell harry

Well that sucks. No shadows too?

Plsdontbetru

Honestly, if Willem Dafoe told me to kill people I'd do it.

The teaser already had glowing eyes on a silhouette in the shadows with the Dafoe voice over though.

>This is a bad thing how?
>Green Goblin

Why don't people understand that this is a remake of Death Note and not a regular adaptation?

But they show his shadow in the trailer

Why the fuck would you remake something so great into a shittier version of the original? If it actually looked good the only people who would complain would be stupid weebs however it's so shit that literally everyone is calling it out for the dumpster fire that it is. I hope that I'm pleasantly surprised but from the trailer and casting it looks pretty shit

Welcome to hollywood adaptations 101.

>Kill all the niggers Light.
>I said DO IT!

Woah, how did that get past the execs?

That's just blatant shitty bait.

Ryuk is shown physically in the shadows twice in the trailer, and Light turns to look at him at the end of the trailer when Ryuk's talking to him.

With all the bait without reason or basis going on about this movie, I'm starting to feel like there's some kind of reverse-shilling going on here.

Because we already got 4 Death Note related Japanese movies, 2 being straight up adaptions, and also a straight up adaption live action Japanese show.

At this rate, it's just boring and repetitive to rehash the same story all over again, and there is no reason for it to be done by Hollywood if everyone is Asian and the whole story takes place in Japan.

The concept of death note doesn't hinge on the characters being Asian or the setting taking place in Japan. And as for the other adaptions, those are low budget (in comparison to Hollywood) movies that are rarely good. They may be good for anime movies but they are very rarely quality movies. And they are presented to an entirely different audience, death note is one of the few mainstream anime in the west and I highly doubt the vast majority of them have seen a live action adaption of it. This Netflix series is a chance at doing something amazing for an American audience. If they wanted to take some liberties and change the story up a little bit to suit their demographic better I wouldn't mind, however it looks like they're not only fucking with the original but they are also pumping out a soulless shit product. I'd be able to look past it if the only resemblance it had to the original was the name as long as they made something good, but it looks like they even failed at that.

Jesus Christ Raimi.

Real talk. Why is it okay to show race mixing, but it's not okay to show black people getting beheaded and their corpses sent back to Africa?
I thought that Americans hate any implied sexuality in their movies more than the worst violence

Black people get killed in horror movies all the time.

I can't wait for them to claim that Kira is racist because half the people he kills are black people when they make up only thirteen percent of the population.

You have no actual reason to think it's shit though, we haven't even seen anything pertaining to the story or the vibe of the characters. The movie could very well be the good scenario you described. At least wait for a full trailer– then I can understand you forming that opinion. But there's no real ground to form an opinion yet unless you complain about surface things like L's race or Light looking like a trendy, modern teenager instead of a shirt and tie-wearing nerd.

Join me Light, and together we can rule the city!

BACK TO FORMULA?

It's going to be CG like the Jap live action movies. If you think it's going to be anything else you're fucking stupid to be frank

DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY JEWS I'VE SACRIFICED?

I just wanna see what their version of Ryuuk looks like.

Fair enough. The tone and visual direction doesn't look quite that appealing to me but I agree that I should probably wait until they release more stuff

but he's a perfect fit
or are you saying he got "justed" for being in such a shitty show

>has an untraceable method of killing
>still gets caught

This was never a "good" anime

>something so great
Nice one.

>Raimiposting in an Sup Forums thread

Continue...

he got caught by probability and the coincidence that his own father's working with L in the first place.

>ILL KILL YOU ALONG WITH ALL THE NIGGERS OF NEW YORK SPIDERMAN
I honestly dont know how this was allowed

>L-Light...the jews...

Pretty cool that this adaptation will bring even more crossboarding cancer to Sup Forums.

You're implying that there isn't a lot of crossboarders at all. This isn't the first hollywood adaptation and Dragonball/GOTS probably has bigger Sup Forums following than Death note.

That's perfect casting desu, probably the only thing the movie has going for it.

>L is black

what the fuck happened?

This was the only casting that even sounded remotely decent.

>i love apples. Don't tell harry

Still, the argument of "he kills people by writing their name in a book" would never fly in court. L had zero hard evidence on him, everything he had was circumstantial against Light. I just find it hard to believe that everyone knew where Light was at all times and yet he was still a suspect after he was under surveillance

Just realized that I've never seen any movie featuring him in English.

Sup Forums memes are so much better than Sup Forums memes. Being here is depressing.

>AVENGE MII
>AVENGE MII NOW, LIGHT
Who was Mii?

I... dont get Raimi posting

I've not watched live action movies or shows in years but Sup Forums memes always make me laugh. How do they do it?

>Klaus finally got on the A squad
Feels good

It started when a couple of anons kept making threads about that bant Spidey made in the wrestling scene where Spidey called his competition gay as an insult and people would say that this shit wouldn't fly at present day movies.

Then it kinda got memed that Raimi got away with antisemetic, racist, etc. shit by making spidey quotes and adding the aforementioned remarks.

it's treason, then

Thank fucking god. Have you seen how fucking awful as a board Sup Forums is?

This would have saved the movie.

They only have decent memes, Sup Forums's horrifying at a catalog's look since they usually get raided with Sup Forums and/or interracial pics when they're not spamming "kino" or "what did he mean by this?"

But otherwise, the non-mainstream discussions like old movies would get a couple of decent replies, even American Psycho.

>change setting
>probably change plot (by the looks of the trailer)
>change character background and physical characteristics
>also change their personalities
People won't be as mad if they stop pretending it's an adaptation of Death note with L and Light instead of something completely different.

Definitely. Who'd be a good Near and Mello tho?

The only thing they did was take the plot device and throw it at foreign soil with characters that might have a passing semblance to the anime. So far Ryuuk's the only one who seemingly got the better end.

Fuck those two characters

We're going to have weekly threads about this on Sup Forums now aren't we? It's a series right?

Nope, luckily it's a movie.

How are they going to do this shit when Tor exists and smartphones that go from hotspot to hotspot exist? how are they ever going to fucking catch the guy?

Literally the only good part of Sup Forums are the memes.

When guy makes mistakes and they all go full CSI ENHANCE on these mistakes.

Near = Finn Wolfhard.
Mello = Toby Nichols

Light was a dumbass to. If he kept to himself he would have gotten away with it but he had to inject himself into the investigation while he was at it.

Netflix usually delivers the whole season at once, so you will discuss it only a week or two. Memes like raimiposting can prolong its life for many weeks.
Someone from cast or Wingard himself said they filmed the first four-five volumes of manga with some plot deviations.

Give this guy a gayer haircut, leather gear and a bar of chocolate, and you would have a pretty cool Mello.

>try to see what the discussion is about on Sup Forumss highest rated show
>stranger things
>it's just pedos posting fanfics of the loli
It's just like Sup Forums but with ugly girls.

Why would they release whole series at once? It's a subscription service for a reason. They didn't with Kuromukuro so I was kind of going of that.

New death note be like:

>bother to hide your face
>don't hide your skin color

They just do user. House of Cards, those Marvel shows, whatever else on Netflix is all released at once for le epic binge watch meme

AVENGE ME
V
E
N
G
E

M
E

Im totally sending this to my friends

>this is a 10/10 in the UK

>change setting
>probably change plot (by the looks of the trailer)
>change character background and physical characteristics
>also change their personalities

We are posting death note funnies again? What year is it?

I liked the original version more.

This

When I got into Anime and came to Sup Forums I was relieved, that you can actually have real conversations here
Sup Forums has good memes, but they are overshadowed by the huge amount of uncreative and unfunny shitposting there
Sup Forums is one of the worst boards

Sup Forums still falls victim to shitty template threads though which came from Sup Forums. They're pretty much on a lot of blue boards I guess.

>You have no actual reason to think it's shit though
Pubic L shows they don't understand anything

>They didn't with Kuromukuro
They did though.
That's why there were fansubs during it's airing

>Teason? Have you've lost your mind Arthas?

Infernal Affairs was objectively better

>Muh over acted, fuckin fuckity fuck fuck fuck oscarbait.
Yeah, i agree that Infernal Affairs is a better movie.

They all look the same anyway.

Just what?

He thinks an actor doing a VA job will "JUST FUCK HIS CAREER UP".

THE HEART LIGHT, FIRST WE ATTACK L'S HEART!

Quite literally the only reason I'm going to watch this shitfest.

It will likely be ridiculed for memes, or become a sleeper hit like the edgy Archie series "Riverdale".

Eitherway shit like is the only reason I'm taking interest.

pls no anime will turn into the abomination that is modern comics, everyone just writes movie scripts and changes everything to appeal to new people and casuals. There will be tv shows about the epic oktaku subculture xD and the normies will talk about the new evangelion movie and how great it is that rei is muslim and black

Only well cast actor in the entire thing

But L is a nigger.

I've never experienced Death Note.

Manga or anime?

>and then i told them
>just nigger my shit up

anime

Neither, that one nip movie is the way to go.