What is a good age to die?

What is a good age to die?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1331769/Doctors-stunned-conjoined-twins-share-brain-thoughts.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You have to give up your humanity and turn into an undead loli. After that I think an age around 2K years is enough but that depends.

18, 70% likely to lead a very happy life full of joys and wonder. And then you don't have to worry about bills or living in america. I'm not suicidal I just see the advantages of not being alive, probably why I resent my parents.

now

fukking now

Before you're born.

The moment right before you're getting pumped outside the womb.

never

Any age is fine.

Now!

You're current age

Actually, this is pretty objectively true

No! You're current age!

You're current age.

I feel like I've entered a thread about an inside joke that I'm not aware of.

Not before you're happily married. RIP

whenever they take away your neetbux. I'd rather die than live having to work 40 hours a week.

>She died on October 26, 2015
>Back to the Future 2 took place on October 21
>Robert Zemeckis said Biff was based on Drumpf

Thanks for ruining my favorite live-action movies for me, God.

Some people achieve immortality by great deeds of cruelty or derring-do. Some achieve immortality by amassing great wealth. But I have long ago decided that I would, on the whole, prefer to achieve immortality by not dying.

Just throw away your pass and seek refugee in france, germany, austria, england or sweden.

What's the age of the HSOTD author?

Not too long after the chronic pain, crippling depression, and crippling crippling starts to set in for weeks at a time...

Its a different age for everyone I'm afraid. You should be so lucky that happens years AFTER retirement age or your life really will be a slave's life.

>Marty first went back on October 26, 1985

Fuck.

Who died?

Her VA.

High School of the Dead's author just today or yesterday.

Immediately.

Imo once you start needing people to clean up after you take a shit since you can no longer the care of yourself.

Somewhere past 99. Pic related.

>what is a good age to die
>her
You're a sick son of a bitch.

Welcome to Sup Forums.

After NNB S3 aired.

Once I can no longer drive manual transmission and shoot guns on my own I'm offing myself.

first answer best answer

The moment you get dementia or advanced stage Alzheimer.

You will die and there will be great anime made after you die that you will never be able to watch.

I'll never die. I'll freeze my brain when I around 80 and will be awaken 200 years later when neuron to silicon conversion through nanorobots is possible.

No mind uploading is not possible. The conscious singularity rise due to the high complexity of the neuron network. Only way to be imortal is to gradually convert all that network into a new medium.

I'll kill you before you reach 80

Mind uploading is fully possible with a sufficiently sophisticated physics emulator. Then you run human.exe on it. Piece of cake.

Only issue is the yuge supercomputer you'd need to run it.

It's never going to happen. Give up, nerd

Isn't the biggest problem with mind uploading that it would probably be a "copy and paste" instead of a "cut and paste" system? The original you would still be left behind while the virtual copy gets to live on, but that's not all. Human personality is not just based in the thoughts of the brain. Your endocrine system would have to be specifically emulated for the emotions that create your personality to be present virtually.

Exactly how I feel.

When life decides it's time for you to go, you defy it with everything you've got until you're completely spent and only then is it a good age to die.

Either 0 or 2000
Leave before you grow attached to this place, or after you're completely bored of it

I'm studying neuroanatomy in my Psychology university and I have a personal theory of how to actually transfer your conscious to a machine without creating a copy and killing the original:

You could theoretically simulate a total replica of an individual brain neural network in a computer. (We are still far from this with our current computers, tough)

Maybe it is possible to establish a physical link with a real brain with that replica. While you are connected, you would experience your conscious expanding towards a new medium, a physical computer. Since it is a perfect replica, all your memories would be replicated there too. The problem is, if your conscious is now duplicated in such a simulated neural network, like you lit a candle with other candle touching the cords in them with a single flame, when you separate the cords, you will get two separated "flames" of conscious. At the very first instant they will be identical, but a second later, the fiber organizations of the cords will differentiate as they burn, a new "individual" will be born. However, even if you know which candle came first, you can't really discern which of the two flames is the original, because the flame is just plasma emanating from the heat produced by the cords degrading.
The same is true for the neurons vs the action potential in their axons. Your conscious is not the neural network itself, but the billions of ions conducting through the neuron's axons. If you could connect the replica of your brain to your original brain, and slowly destroy all neurons of your brain one by one without ceasing the connection, then the original will likely not die.

You may think that connections between two Brains is not possible, but studies with the conjoined twins that share visual experience and even emotions on their frontal lobe suggest that is possible:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1331769/Doctors-stunned-conjoined-twins-share-brain-thoughts.html

Today

Now what really scares me is: If conscious is just the way how impulses flows in the axons and synaptic cleft, Then this means that you probably die if you ever get into a deep coma and wake up again. Maybe even when you sleep.

It is possible that every time you sleep, you die and a new individual with the same memories you had is born in the next morning. Than it will make no difference if you make a copy of your brain or not.

After your parents die, don't wanna grieve them.

In theory, you could transfer the mind neuron by neuron to a simulation. That way you would stay fully conscious through the process, and continue living as a simulation.