Nisio's next masterpiece incoming

Nisio's next masterpiece incoming
youtube.com/watch?v=gsOes0IA4EE&

>not shaft
Weird.

>adaptation of an irrelevant short story he wrote years ago and currently doesn't even consider a part of his own canon
>looks cheap as fuck with boring art design
>directed by the Mirai Nikki guy
It'll be shit.

Looks cool, any news on what it's about?

I can just sense from the PV how awful this shit is going to be

>Mirai Nikki
The source is already shit though I didnt watch the anime.

>Mirai Nikki guy

Ohboyherewego.jpg

Medaka Box and Katanagatari weren't done by shaft.

Oh boy.

>implying he has already made a masterpiece before

>canon
Huh? Are all his series supposed to be in the same universe?

Some of them are, but that wasn't what I was refering to here. In literary terms, someone's "canon" refers to all the works that are associated with them, like all the plays attributed to Shakespeare are called the Shakespeare Canon. Neither Nisio himself nor anyone else attributes that short story to him, and it isn't found in lists of his canon because of how old and irrelevant it is.

Naoto Hosoda isn't a bad director. Nobody could make Mirai Nikki good, it was fucked from the start.

Nobody would've cared about monogatari if it wasn't adapted by shaft.

The fact that it was already a national bestseller as a novel says otherwise.

If I took your Shaft would you die?

And they were both bad

So it's Etotama, but with akimbo M1918 and nazism?

Sign me up

Die

Aww shiet. I thought that was Tokyo Ghoul for a sec.

>and currently doesn't even consider a part of his own canon
Is it apocryphal?

What a flaming fujobait. Avex pictures you don't hold back, didn't you?

>both are rabbits
Man Ishida is a hack

This person storyboarded Re:Zero episode 15 didn't it? That episode was so good.

Seems pretty fun

>Neither Nisio himself nor anyone else attributes that short story to him

So it has a chance to be good.

Those are clearly PKMs

Oh yeah, the wooden stocks confused me.

Whew.

Battle royal? Looks hype

>Neither Nisio himself nor anyone else attributes that short story to him, and it isn't found in lists of his canon because of how old and irrelevant it is.

It's less than 2 years old. You're talking out of your ass.

Also the PV looks pretty good.

Cat worst girl
Mouse best etotama

Also I have no idea what you mean by nobody attributing this novel to him but if you mean you're looking at a list curated by Kodansha of Nisio Isin's works, then yeah no shit you're not gonna find it there. This is published by Shueisha, Kodansha isn't just going to advertise their competitor's shit in their Nisio Isin website.

No, Shima-tan a best!

Had me at Go Shiina.

SO THICC

I see no fujos being baited. In fact, this chicken is probably the best looking image I've found from any fan in all the two years of this book being released.

All he needed to do was make Yuno entertaining, which he did.

>psycho bunnyman
Is Nisio the only ln author who takes risks

>inb4 threads about how its not gay to want to fuck the bunny guy

Does anyone care about Nisios stuff unless its Shaft animating it? Katanagari was awful.

Why the fuck they never made the second season? yeah I know sales but Kumagawa could have been good, they cut the story just when it was going to be another shonen which would have done better

This PV looks better than the Zaregoto anime does.

Which is fucking ridiculous in so many ways.

>Muscular autistic half naked bunnyboy
>fujobait
I'm not seeing it, unless he has "cute" moments

whatever, doesnt matter how this turns out we are getting owarimonogatari 2 anyway

Jesus fucking christ I want him to choke me with those thighs.

Shimakaze really let herself go huh

Shaft is spreading itself thin this year aren't they? No wonder zaregoto got such shit treatment.

Don't kid yourselves. The cast is half men. That's unusual for anime standards.

It's pretty pathetic to try claiming an evenly split cast is fujo bait.

Hikaru Nakamura is actually the entire reason this novel exists.

Nisio liked all the designs she came up with for the oneshot manga so decided to write a novel about the actual event.

Makes sense since you need to pay female voice actors only 75% of what you'd need to pay males.

Is there any translation/summary of the oneshot or novel?

having lots of male characters isn't unusual for nisio outside of gatari

he has a pretty big female following, just look at the pixiv pages for zaregoto and katanagatari for example

also this is from the preairing event for katanagatari episode 1 (noitamina ver)

>The cast is half men.
>fujobait
Neo-Sup Forums everyone.

People here keep insisting that all he produces is Monogatari despite a simple google search showing the stupidly high rate at which he writes all sorts of shit. Sup Forums in charge of knowing things and all.

Holy shit, Nisio is a fucking hack. He blatantly ripped off Tokyo Ghoul, the absolute madman.

>cast is full of men
>hmm, must be fujobait!

What did they mean by this?

only have some comments from someone who liked the novel

if people are looking for epic fights and cool battles, uhhh well, it's nisio so you should know better

the fights all have hilariously anticlimatic resolutions ala katanagatari but all the fights are interesting social commentary

it's interesting to see how the zodiac race plays in the commentary and the psychology and power of the characters; i lol'd at the 寝住(ねずみ)

>Nisio liked all the designs
He has a terminal case of shittaste.

At least the anime original ep of Medaka Box S2 was pretty good. And Katanagatari wasn't that bad, just not as good as it could have been.

>has male otaku in the palm of his hand and also cashing in on female fanbase on the side
Pretty smart.

It's a shame we didn't get more Ogata Kumagawa, he was a treat for the short time we saw him.

Katanagatari is easily his best work and the best adaptation, due to both Nisio setting hard deadlines for him writing the thing and White Fox spending a month on each episode. Everything else eventually becomes a bloated mess and we all know how Shaft can be.

Well it sounds like good fun.

This. They're putting all their A-team into Kizu, which I'm happy about, but they're taking on way too many projects. They have 3-gatsu, Fate/Extra, Kizumonogatari, Owarimonogatari, and Zaregoto with presumably overlapping production schedules. We all know from 2009 what happens when they try to do too many shows at once.

That expression is used for someone who got fat.

OSHIETE OSHIETE YO

I think it's more the priority management within that full production schedule. Zaregoto is a slow, atmospheric series, especially in books 1 and 2. But they gave the anime only 8 episodes and put a Shinbo knock-off no name director on it. Giving it a full 12 or 13 eps and putting a director who is good at mood building, for example th eguy who did 3-gatsu, would've let it have room to be slower and have a far heavier atmosphere.

>>directed by the Mirai Nikki guy
Also the Hataraku Maou-sama guy. Don't write him off that quickly; nobody can make Mirai Nikki good.

Zaregoto: wait 1 month for a 25m episode
What is even the fucking point?

Why are people so good at making PVs with no interesting qualities?

If the anime has more money shots like this one, I'll just go ahead and give them my life savings now.

>the cast is half men
>unusual for anime standards.

So you don't know the first goddamn thing you're talking about, huh? Good to know.

But my question is: why is rabbits tail so fucking huge? Even if its mostly fur, that thing has to weigh a ton. Guess thats why his thighs are so swole.

>those childbearing hips

That looks like his design sheet but I do expect more bulge

>The cast is half men. That's unusual for anime standards.
Yo need to go back.