Is it going to be good?

Is it going to be good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e65Vo34g8uQ
collider.com/death-note-movie-filming/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Only if black L is actually Lind L. Taylor.

what this detective can investigate? kfc robbery?

at least the nigger they got to play L is semi-attractive, unlike some ethnic african nigger ape like John "Ooga Booga" Boyega

Who call that "semi-attractive"? You gotta be kiddin' man.

as long as he's not suave, which he fucking seems to be, I wouldn't complain.

No.
I'm going to watch it anyway.
I can accept L being black if the actor plays him well, and I doubt he will.

How many of these threads do we need? It's going to be terrible, fuck multiculturalism, fuck niggers who can't even pose like L, fuck Death Note without Aya and Mamoru.

>not anime

nope, it's shit

>L

>Played by a real damn nigga

I have nothing against the actor itself nor black people themselves but

WHO IN THE FUCK GAVE PERMISSION TO THIS

Who in the fuck looked at L right in the eyes and said "Yup, we're totally going to need a black man for this"? This shit's uncanny and unthinkable. I'm not even being racist here, I'm just trying to understand the reasoning behind casting a black man for a character that looks nothing like it.

This shit's almost Dragon Ball Evolution tier. Naw, I actually think it surpassed that.

L is not supposed to be attractive

he is supposed to be intelligent tho

This is literally your L for tonight

youtube.com/watch?v=e65Vo34g8uQ

Wasn't L literally a multiculti mix and part gypsy? How is that not diverse enough for them?

L was white while the story was set in Japan.
If they move it to Murrica, it makes sense to make him black or asian - and his race doesn't matter so whatever.

More importantly, why is he investigating crime scenes himself.

WE

depends if a black man can play a depressed japanese teen.. my guess is no

I like how everyone gets all mad if they make a white man black but if they make an asian woman white it's fine.

Y'all a bunch of racists.

why does he look like a edgy hacker wannabe in the trailer?

>L
>depressed
>Japanese
>teen

He looks white.

Well, why not if you're going to make it Westerners instead of Japanese?

>More importantly, why is he investigating crime scenes himself.
Probably to cut on exposition and middle-man characters.

As long as they go for the gold.

Like whenever the Japanese make a live action adaption, this is always the issue, they just remake the anime but in live action, and it always looks ridiculous.

An adaption is far better than a strict translation.

>le whitewashing autism

Look at all these shitlib cucks.

Why didn't they just adapt something like black lagoon that actually has a canon black person in it

L is fine.
But this guy is Light.

I never said using Westerners was a bad thing. I just don't see why if we're accepting that change we should draw the line at this one.

Why did they have to make L a nigger

He's going to steal the show trust my words.

ok, i'll play.

>depressed
just fucking look at his life

>japanese
really crazy.. i thought this was an anime.. and have you even met japanese people? he looks more japanese than most anime chars

>teen
creators stated that he is a young adult, but made to seem much older in the series.. also anime is for teens / young adults

had a chuckle

> This shit's uncanny and unthinkable.
> I'm not even being racist here
Are you sure you're not just being racist? I mean, having a black ophan in England, is unthinkable?

I understand, that you want them to go for people who look as close to the manga as possible, for whatever reason, but all kinds of stories are remade in all kinds of settings.

DBE was unacceptable because it didn't take any story-elements from the manga execpt:
they are martial artists
the characters have the same name

I would much rather have had a pitch black Goku that's a cocky clueless kid then a japanese person that's still a fucking awkward high school kid (Why the fuck didn't they just make it Gohan if this was so important to them?).

Literally dumpster tier

Go watch the show. Promise it's not that bad.

I'm more upset about the characterization of Light. He is supposed to be suave and neat and now he looks like he came ot of a fucking hot topic.

>why if we're accepting that change

what change? does Light look like gook?

Is it directed by Kenneth Branagh?

second reply was for

Does any anime character?

>(Why the fuck didn't they just make it Gohan if this was so important to them?).
Because no one on the team actually read anything other than a character list and looked at some character profiles.
Plus it was a Dragonball adaptation, not Z so Gohan was probably completely outside of their radar.

L is an autistic British 20-something-year-old.

>for autitsts this looks like slant-eyed asian

It's going to be shit no matter who is in it.

Probably, that seems to be the rule for Netflix Original TV Shows.

>Does any anime character?
Nope so why should Hollywood care about casting asians?

>and his race doesn't matter so whatever.
only whites and asians have high IQ

should have made him asian or halfu if they wanted diverstiy

It could end up being good, but probably won't, based on the trailer.

Why would you watch this trash in the first place?

Diversity casting. You're obviously not going to make your main character who happens to be the villain of the story and named Light a darkie. Nah, they gotta make the hero of the story black, because black people can't be vilified in Western media.

yeah, except everyone hates ghost in the shell

try again, nigga

Did Light do anything wrong?

I never said they should.

He got caught.

yes, he purposely killed criminals in a way to show intent

>asian woman

only with asian name lmao

It's just going to be another Dragonball Evolution

Willem Dafoe as Ryuk will save this trainwreck and elevate it to the levels of fine art.

He paid too much attention to nip criminals in the beginning.

agree with the autist, but he looks, acts, and speaks japanese.. therefor.. he's british! good talk.

but it doesn't fucking matter.. i don't think a black dude could play him and the movie will tank. simple as that.

What a waste of quads.
Why are you here if you haven't even seen the show or read the manga?

>Keep complaining about L being raceswapped to black when 99% of the cast in this movie are being raceswapped to white

I want to think that you all are just pretending to be retarded but I'm not really sure.

Who let the nigger on the internet?

>The talent and diversity represented in our cast, writing, and producing teams reflect our belief in staying true to the story’s concept of moral relevance — a universal theme that knows no racial boundaries.

collider.com/death-note-movie-filming/

Do you think this is bullshit?

I don't even care that L is black, I care that they're making him look suave when he's suppose to be a hopeless loser.

cuz live action versions of animu always seem like shit.. and now animu is being cucked up.. next step.. dem cucks gonna take animu away from us for good

I think Sup Forums already figured this one out

>Live action reboot of an anime.
>Made by Netflix
GIF related.

I get really annoyed by Political Correctness being such a hot topic and then I see shit like this and it's all like "Really?! Well, what do you know, I guess those self righteous social justice assholes are on to something.".

Pretty much.
>L is attractive
>Light looks like the resident school shooter

This is the real fuck up here

>raceswapped to white

but Death Note verse Japs are white though

Here we go again

>>The talent and diversity represented in our cast, writing, and producing teams reflect our belief in staying true to the story’s concept of moral relevance — a universal theme that knows no racial boundaries.

Pure bullshit and backpedalling. Pathetic.

Because it's diversity pandering. Shoehorning blacks into roles is an extremely annoying thing that Hollywood does.

Imagine if all anime had a token black character in the MC's cast.

Nobody in this thread is complaining though.

No, L being N is bad enough and judging by the trailer he looks like a typical BLM nigger.

>No race should ever get a role in anything unless there is at least one other person of that same race.

Uh huh

There are no niggers in Death Note, only white-looking fellas

Series of unfortunate events was pretty good despite the few non canon changes

Light is the hero though

Pretty sure there was a black guy in Mellow's crew

He's going to go full green goblin and rant about niggers ruining the city, they really shouldn't have let Raimi do this Death Note adaptation

Black L is nowhere near the biggest issue with this movie. Look at Light's actor, he's an ugly hipster. I'd rather kill myself than watch this shit.

Nobody in Death Note was black. They were all light skinned.

You can cast Casca in Berserk as a persian woman, and Donovan as black. You won't cast Griffith as black.

Nobody is complaining about black characters. People are mad blacks replace non-blacks for the sake of diversity.

>Imagine if all anime had a token black character in the MC's cast.

I'm not one who typically lets the race of a character ruin a series for me.

Do you want to say something, user? Let it out.

Now complain about all the whites replacing asians

some extra, totally ground-breaking

> People are mad blacks replace non-blacks for the sake of diversity.
we get that, but why does that make you mad?

Death Note characters all look white so it doesn't change much.

>The talent and diversity represented in our cast, writing, and producing teams reflect our belief in staying true to the story’s concept of moral relevance — a universal theme that knows no racial boundaries
>White, yellow, black, tanned, who gives a fuck

>By the way, you guys won't mind L being portrayed as a smooth nigga instead of a bag eyed young adult with sweet tooth, right?

>N-no racial boundaries! S-so it's not forced in any way
>We thought about using a Asian but then we thought "B-but what about the black people?!"

I'm all for diversity, but sheesh. I can practically smell their true intentions here.

>all the whites replacing asians

what asians?

Hey, you're the one who said there were none.

Casting Griffith as black would be different from casting L as black. It doesn't matter what L looks like, as long as he's a slob.

Because I don't want a political agenda shilled to me in everything I watch.

L getting cast as black is not a political agenda, unless they actually also try making L cool.

Which they will so we're fucked.

this is going to end up like the new feminist ghostbusters
fucking liberals HURR DURR

>why does that make you mad?
because it's retarded as fuck?

I bet they won't kill off L in their version. That's why he looks cool. Good guys look cool and the good guys always win.