Is this show worth it? does it have good story? anything i should remember before watching it?

Is this show worth it? does it have good story? anything i should remember before watching it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LUu_uclyllg
youtube.com/watch?v=G2Pez5mapw4
youtube.com/watch?v=4uiNa9cYYUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Q96DYYKtNPI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No. It's fucking shit. Everything about it is pandering. The school idol falls in love with a fat midget at first sight. And the people in school unironically call her Princess Snow Black. You will never get the time back that you waste watching this piece of garbage.

please respond

Does the story at least make sense? is her love funded on something? I bet the fat guy is bullied and she does something to stop it.

No. He's just a fat midget that is shit at everything and one day plot armor makes him better than everyone so he can get a harem because he's the MC.

Does the overall story at least make some sense? I mean appart from the harem or whatever?

Also, I don't remember but I think he cucks his only friend at some point. And his friend ends up being okay with it.

The harem is all the show is. That and fightan battles using a brain chip and plot armor.

and now my final question. Does it have a proper ending? does it make sense?

To define with the current widly used term the first episodes are "cringey" as hell and that is also why i dropped it. We have a poor fat loser main character that not only doesn't do anything to solve his miserable situation but also vent his anger to someone who is kind to him. He then hides from reality in the fictional video game world.

So it is pandering like the other user said. But does it have an endiing? Or has an open ending. Is it good and worth it to watch is it till the end?

I liked it.
My wife liked it.
It was fun. Sequel never ever tho', the show leaves quite a lot of things unanswered.

Don't forget that the most beautiful and perfect girl in school falls in love with the fat kid because she's impressed with how good he is at virtual wallball. And her love for him after that is so great that she jumps in front of a car to try to save him.

Your wife only liked it because she was spending time with you.

As for that i can't say because as i wrote previously just the first few ( 4-5 ) episodes made me drop this anime and i tried to watch it several times but with out any success. I suggest you anyway to not only read others reviews but to discover yourself and give it a try and watch the first few episodes. If you don't have enough spare time i suggest you to read some of its manga chapter. Then you can decide wheter you want to continue or not

It's shit. Think of the guy who made SAO trying to reach bigger audience with this one.

On the contrary. She doesn't watch shit, and is into animu all on her own.

It was a fun show and I looked forward to every episode. Watch to decide if you like it or not.

...also forgot to add: She was the one wanting to watch AW in the first place, because of the "butterfly girl". We were both pleasantly surprised in the end.

It means you were the one that enjoyed spending time with her.

...well, duh! Doesn't mean I would not have enjoyed the series as well. No idea why those two factors would nullify the each other.

Well the other alternative is that you and your wife both have really shit taste.

I enjoyed it, most people never even bothered giving it a shot. All because the main character looked like he escaped southpark.

That is not possible.
More likely, the forever alone fat basement dwellers were shocked to see a too visually similar MC in their escapist media of choice, and thus decided to bash it to oblivion.

It's better than shit art online

That doesn't make sense. That would make self inserting easier for them. That's literally why Accel World exists.

That made me laugh a little

That doesn't tell me anything though

You clearly don't understand how otaku self-inserting works.

No

It is shit.

It's mediocre.

Like if SAO was the anti-Christ Accel World is just harmless shovelwave like Asterisk

let me ask you a question do desperate people want to self insert as someone with a personality and struggles that they could realistically relate to, or do they want to self insert as the ubermench they could never hope to be.

She is using him because he is good at games

in the end she was the real villan.

Fun show, awesome concept

main girl's obsessed with a video game and likes him because he's good at video games

there is some realy good fight scenes, the crybaby mc actualy grow balls and decides to man up
there is a good suport cast and main girl is best girl

also Sound track is fucking amazing
youtube.com/watch?v=LUu_uclyllg
youtube.com/watch?v=G2Pez5mapw4
youtube.com/watch?v=4uiNa9cYYUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Q96DYYKtNPI

you are only supposed to self insert into little girls?

everyone knows that

I couldn't even get though the first episode.

AW is the story of a main character that have realistic emotional problems and have a reason to be good at games. But even if he is really good he always finds someone that might be as better or stronger than he is. What creates drama and makes the MC fight to be the best, even when he is just being used by the main chick because he is good at games. also the fights take more than 29 seconds each episode.

SAO tells a history about a guy who is a god at video games because fuck it he is the main character, that never loses to nobody because fuck it he is the main character , and every chick wants his D because fuck it he is the main character , and then he keep being an emo because he lost his waifu number 1, just to find another one later, also he is able to break the game killing a imortal player and moving faster than the game had programed the characters to be, because fuck it he is the main character , then later he fights a bad guy that hates him , because fuck it he is the main villain ,

That make sense a little. If you think most of the mc are losers who get powered up literally from nowhere and without doing anything. They 'are given' it from an external source. They then become popular and stuff like that. I wouldn't say the condition of loserness is of one type of people only but every consciousness seems to feel inadequate during some period of their life. Some are more vurnerable than others and they tend to escape or hide. Now during that inadequate period if you already are a little isolated you will, because of human nature to blame not themselves but other for their condition, isolate even more. Beautiful divine intervention that gives you an extraordinary ability that complety depels this feeling of inadequateness is i think everone secret dream. Now for the physical appearence. It is the same. Even if at first some kind of problem is relatable it just becomes another "inadequateness" that is easily ( the term that most would want for their life ) solved. This from an external point of vie just makes the personal more far from reality but for the person it gives a false illusion of simplicity.

You can sum like that every fictional media

That's the thing though. He is a fat slob they can relate and he gets the girls and talent regardless. Its designed to give them hope some chick will suck their dick because they're good at vidya.

Escapism buddy, people go in to fiction to not deal with their real world issues.

AW
> Retarded premise
> Entertaining execution
> MC is a shitter but his struggle with his insecurities make sense

SAO
> Less retarded premise
> Terrible execution
> Kirito is the most cancerous part of the show

Not everyone. I just like magic.

> Retarded premise

why? because they are doing things they want to do and not saving the world or fighting for survival for a change?

their fight is literaly to keep playing the game

Cartman is now the mc of your last watched anime, how does it change ?

The fact that the show is about a secret club fighting game for kids is pretty cringey, man

I kinda doubt you're the kind who would self insert into a character, don't worry that's a good thing.

I found it extremely off-putting that the main character was like 3 feet tall. It was like your normal anime cast of sexy ass fifteen year olds but with Cartman from South Park as the main character. I've never heard anyone bring that up, maybe it's just me.

I personally thing its a more well written story comparing it to the authors other work, SAO, but this gnawing feeling keeps persisting. If they arnt saving the world, or prevent some major change to their life, why should I care?

because you like this face?