Konosuba Discussion

I just finished watching the second season of Konosuba. Personally I enjoyed it, and I thought it was a riot? Anything anybody liked/disliked about it? Did you hate it? Love it? What are your criticisms? What do you love about it? Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

skythewoodtl.com/g10/
crimsonmagic.me/konosuba/
soundcloud.com/jason-ju/sets/ouchi-ni-karitai-konosuba-2-ed
drive.google.com/file/d/0B9QYQyojB5yicHp0bUZWNnlfbEE/view?usp=sharing
tracker.minglong.org/torrents/[Nipponsei] Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 ED Single - Ouchi ni Kaeritai [Various].zip.torrent
youtu.be/7pHcSEhvSX4
youtu.be/tJzEscb4Pcw
exhentai.org/g/1043895/6f943e96bb/
youtube.com/watch?v=mgtfp9eVXYg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

S1 gave more laffs than S2. Tbh I would have dropped the show if I hadn't liked S1 so much.

What was better about it?

The voice acting is pretty good, wish the animation quality didn't drop so much in S2 compared to S1.

If each season lasted 12 episodes instead of 10 I'm sure they could have avoided cutting some things from the LNs but It's not like it was super essential anyway.

Aqua gave me life

I hate it, not enough screen time for the flat thief girl. It might be gay, but her perflatness is love.

My major complain about the anime is that they cut many dialogues, many worldbuiling fragments, foreshadowings and character interactions and developpement from the LN. And they fill the void left by those cuts with reused and bland jokes.

This is particulary apparent in the Axis arc

>The moment when Kazuma find a semi fake elf and a semi fake dwarf
>Cut and replaced by more "Axis cultists are crazy" moments

>Kazuma, Megumin and Wiz's adventure outside the town
>Cut and replaced by more "Axis cultists are crazy" moments.

>Wolbach's entire discussion, the fact that Kazuma knew what was happening since the beginning.
>Cut and replaced with soap and crazy cultists jokes

>The entire investigation of the town
>Cut

>The moment where the higher ups of the Axis cult realise Aqua is the real deal and Yunyun cliffhanger.
>Cut and replaced with a bland generic ending.

The final fight was great, but so inferior to the LN and so cliched it wake me feel uneasy.
>Aqua's power gained from her cultists is so cliché
>Kazuma's sacrifice is so out of character it prevented me from enjoying the rest of the fight

wow
I personally liked S2 way more tahn S1
why do you think S1 was better?
did I missed something?

I think they cut the Wolbach and Yunyun parts because they have no plans for S3 and beyond so they rather spend time with more jokes than leaving some foreshadow of an event they are not going to animate anyway.
As for the other things they cut, those were not relevant to the plot or they ran out of time so they just added more jokes.
I agree the ending was really shitty because it went against canon, Hans was supposed to digest even bones so the fact that you get killed by him invalidates your chances of resurrecting is what made him so scary.

What does LN stand for?

Light Novels. It's the source material of the anime.
If there's no season 3 (which is very likely to be the case) then you should read them if you liked the story.

Are there translated versions, I'm bad with learning languages and I can only speak and read English

There is a "fanfiction" that does its job and can be found easily with a google search. The official english translation only has volume 1 so far and only coves the first 5 episodes of season 1.
S1 covers volumes 1 and 2 while S2 coves volumes 3 and 4. Everyone advises to read from the begining anyway because there are details skipped by the anime.
There are also spin-offs and side stories that are canon. Four of them cover Megumin story and she is the narrator. Another one is narrated by Vanir and covers his daily routine in the city and also has the story of Wiz and how she becomes a lich.

So if I want a translation, I'm gonna have to get the fanfiction, gotcha

skythewoodtl.com/g10/
Is this it?

I get mine from here crimsonmagic.me/konosuba/

but some sites have the pdfs/epubs if you prefer reading in an ebook.

It would be perfect if they had twelve episodes to work with instead of ten. At least none of the stuff they cut out this season was as bad as Wiz's introduction getting skipped over in season one, though.

The problem isn't that, the problem is that they litteraly replace interesting scenes with reused comedy. In the LN, Darkness's masochism is way more toned town compared to the anime, in the last 3 episodes of S2, the same joke (crazy cultits) was endlessly repeated until the last fight.

By the end of the year the first three volumes will be animated. So I'm gonna start reading them.

Hell, I'll start reading other missed LNs whose anime only lasted a season.

Ist there going to be another OVA when the 11th volume comes out? Directed by the author as well? The first ova was amazing and to me, probably the best.

Comedy was good and the timing on the jokes were great. I have seen better comedy animes in my opnion but I loved the show for the characters that really tie everything together. Just like how JoJo got me into reading manga, Konosuba might get me into reading light novels because of it.

Solid B, Megameme best girl. Kusuma is one of my favorite leads last year and this year as all.

how well did the light novels sell last year? Did isell better then re zero or one punchman?

One of my favorite parts about this show is that all the female voice actors sing the ED

Anime of the decade hands down.

Aqua best girl.

Konosuba is a gateway anime of the worst kind. It's a bad series, a clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive shipping faggotry and DARKNESS.

It's also the anime used by people to vent over their daily frustrations.
Who cares if it doesn't have good writing? There are thousands of shits out there and I think I speak for many when I say I never gave 1 second of my life to tell their fanbases how much I think what they like is not of my taste.

I don't know, I enjoyed the anime final fight much better. More comedic and less Gary Stu-ish. Also, wasn't a repeat of last season's final fight.
The entire Axis town arc was really great and it didn't make Kazuma into an all-seeing master being.
Everything else can be dealt with in a 3rd season if a 3rd season happens.

Tell me about Vanir, Why does he wear the mask?

Sup Forums sings Konosuba ED 2 - Ouchi ni Kaeritai

Instructions:
-Record the FULL song with headphones
-Send your submission to [email protected]
-If you have any other questions, just send me an e-mail

Soundtrack + Instrumental Track : soundcloud.com/jason-ju/sets/ouchi-ni-karitai-konosuba-2-ed
Printable Lyrics: drive.google.com/file/d/0B9QYQyojB5yicHp0bUZWNnlfbEE/view?usp=sharing
Album Download: tracker.minglong.org/torrents/[Nipponsei] Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 ED Single - Ouchi ni Kaeritai [Various].zip.torrent

Deadline is March 31.

March 26 Update: 35 submissions so far, if we break 60 submissions, then the gods of anime will hear our cries and bless us with a third season of Konosuba!

Also thanks to DJ Jizzy Jazzman for making a wonderful announcement video, make sure to support his projects.
youtu.be/7pHcSEhvSX4

And make sure to check out the first Sup Forums sings Konosuba!
youtu.be/tJzEscb4Pcw

He's a big guy.

Are there really no plans for S3? It was the most popular anime this season besides Dragon Maid so I don't see why S3 would be such a problem. Also leaving it like the way they did just feels out of place.

>besides Dragon Maid
You mean KF. Dragon Maid wasn't all that popular.

We don't know. It just hasn't been announced.

Nobody knows yet. There's an event in April that might have some news, but don't count on it.

Who's going to win the Kazumabowl?

Indeed

My vote goes for Megumin.

>36 replies

This series is so dead, haha.

We just had a thread that reached bump limit.

Nobody will, he chickened every time he was close to do something with different girls.

Which episode is the one with the reaction image of Aqua slapping Kazuma? It's super zoomed-in and her hand moves oddly, like she moves her hand to his face and then, when contact is established, there's this burst of power in what's still a slapping motion. I don't think there's a word for this but hopefully, I described it well enough. They also have faces of despair.

S2E07

This is what you're looking for?

It bored me compared to S1. To be fair I always watched it after watching Akiba's Trip so maybe my expectations were a bit tilted.

the way her bust just stops is weird

Its probably AOTY for me

Wasn't expecting such rapid response.

Yes, this is what I sought. Thank you.

There was nothing wrong with it and probably stand up as a comedy I'll look back to years from now

A good 10/10

>wish the animation quality didn't drop so much in S2 compared to S1.
this meme again

Megumin's shoulders are the hottest thing in this show.

What pisses me off more was the forced animation.

Mi negro

Megumin is sleeping while drunk Kazuma molests her.

Aqua for troll ending

Vanir best girl

OTP

One true peckerhead?

What's the tastiest Aqua cry? The one from 1st ep of second season near the end seems to be one

the one she lets out when she realizes she is just a dumb goddess and finally succumbs to her desire to at least be useful to men as a cum toilet

You need to stop.

>Trying to fap using a Konosuba doujin
>laugh like a motherfucking instead
WTF I love this show even more!

>Try to fap to a konosuba doujin
>Doesn't have megumin's butt tattoo
>Explicitly ignores events that happened early on
it triggers my autism

exhentai.org/g/1043895/6f943e96bb/
Is it this one?

yep that one

>Read the """""fanfiction""""" past volume 5
The way people were describing it I expected more harem elements (though the ones that exist are really dull). And it really shows why Aqua and Kazuma were the first 2 characters introduced, they carry the thing.
Also Chris is trash.

Why are we not calling it a translation?

To be honest it could have been almost any doujin of this series, several of them get that comedy vibe.

To avoid getting DMCA'd.

Dmca reasons (yenpress). Although I'm genuinely surprised that just a slight difference in wording managed to get around this.

So. Fucking. CUTE.

is one of the best comedies I've ever seen, the voice acting is amazing, truly hilarant scenes, each characters has their own personality and all are different.

Megumin best girl

Can we all just take a moment to appreciate how cute that haircut is?

And it works?

Really felt like the quality was more consistent and balanced than S1 where many parts felt just flat or downright noise. Ditching Megumin to finally focus on Aqua and Darkness also helped making those shine. Comfy, fun time.

The first season didn't exactly focus on Megumin either. Really, I hope S3 happens. She deserves her moment too.

i feel like the animation quality went down, especially the last episode. characters, especially megumin looked kind of off

Stop it Obito

Still waiting for the game.

Tomorrow

kinda done, just need dialogues not sure what a konosuba world nurse/doctor/healer would look like, maybe need proper grammar as well

Oh god yes!
You've done your board a wonderful service, user.
The doctor/nurse looks excellent. Fits the style of the world quite well.

thf whemn ther'es no more Aqua

I love aqua

christian if you're reading this you suck ass dude I'm about to take a Wiz you faggot HOW DOES THAT feel?

I want to marruy Aqua she is the best waifu in the show

She is an angel but she is extremely transpanrent about how she's imperfect as an angel like he she vomits rainbows and stuff
I'v beeen drinkign sorry I dont wanna get beanmnned from Sup Forumsa

I thought I was the only one who liked his anime made in Powerpoint

I want to cuddle with Aqua anf have her have pity fuck with me

I don't have any aqua pictualeres saved so have a touhou or something

youtube.com/watch?v=mgtfp9eVXYg

Look like it's not that hard.

>more than 15 frames per second
Pretty forced DESU

There should be different difficulty levels.

friendly reminder that
ERIS PADS HER CHEST

YAMETE