K-ON vs LOVE LIVE

Le'ts settle this once and for all Sup Forums: which is a better anime: K-ON or Love Live?

State your case and vote your preference.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PJbNQo5eVPg
twolongfourtwitlonger.wordpress.com/2015/07/03/the-worst-anime-ever-made/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not even a competition. K-on over Love Live any day. K-On actually has good characters while Love Live only has fapbait.

both are trash desu

Agree, but at least there is some development in K-On.

A masterpiece on the left, versus idolshit garbage on the right. Hmm, I wonder which is better.

K-On is responsible for birthing the idolshit boom (Honoka is an obvious Yui expy), but Love Live is irredeemable cancer while K-On is just harmlessly cute. Kind of a draw.

K-On for life

youtu.be/PJbNQo5eVPg

K-on has Ui in it, so it's no competition.

What makes love live cancer while K-on isnt? Try to respond with actual words instead of a shitpost

>Ui
wtf would you pick a supporting character for your waifu? too hipster to pick one of the protagonists who get lots of screen time and you get to understand them better?

wtf I hate Ui now.

lurk 2 years before posting

epic maymay kiddo

let a nigga love his waifu you piece of shit

K-on is a genuine masterpiece, and Love Live is some trashy otaku pandering commitee designed shit. Hmmm, hard choice.

Love Live sucks. It has some fun things that makes it enjoyable to watch, but the characters are so artificial, and it only does what it does, it doesn't so it amazingly well that makes it stand out. It's the opposite of K-on, which works by having generic plot but amazing exexution and characters. Instead of Love Live's somewhat interesting concept in a completely average execution with bad characters.

This question isn't even worth asking, stop trying to make Love Live look bettet by pretending they are comparable.

Im@s>Love live

Moeshit on the left and garbage on the right

this. k-on is a heart filled endeavor, love live is a corporate vehicle for merch

K-On is the pinnacle of anime.

Both are a cancer that made this place a lot worse.

K-On is amazing, especially the second season. It really is one of the best things the genre has to offer and I'd recommend it to anyone.

K-ON is moe kino whereas Love Live is bland idol otaku-pandering trash.

This desu pham

>let a nigga love his waifu you piece of shit
was just wondering why ppl pick side-characters with no screen time.. it's hard to even know what she's like. that's all.

as a musician k-on is something i would love to cover for fun while love live is something i would never listen to even if it were my last chance to hear anything before going deaf

>Im@s>Love live
You're wrong. Im@s has no Maki.

I love both, but that comparison's night and day. K-On! is a modern classic and Love Live is junk food.

>comparing two turds

Feels good to not have shit taste and watch these mundane meaningless anime that have nothing interesting or entertaining to offer.

K-On!

not really. she's very intelligent, a faster learner than yui (who's a savant already), and loves her family and friends and would do anything for them. who cares if the show doesn't center on her.

Dubs confirm K-On!'s superiority

>posts shounenshit

The entire thread agrees on it.

It's settled.

Dubs confirm K-On!'s superiority. K-On! has real characters. Love Live is just fan-pandering moeshit.

K-On. Even if for no other reason than that I fucking hate pop idol culture.

They're both trash. I love it when K-On fags try to sell this shit as some sort of masterpiece. It's fucking mediocre SoL, not that hard to make SoL good in the first place and even then it's nowhere near the level of works that created amazing atmospheres like NNB and Aria.

At least Love Live fags recognize that the anime isn't any good.

t. shounenfag

Love Live is commercial as heck and a whole lot less artistically serious than K-On, but it has some nice stuff in it too. It's not a great show in the slightest, but "just fan-pandering moeshit" is underselling it.

Are you new? It's not uncommon for people to waifu side-characters here.

K-On - masterpiece
Love Live - idolshit
No contest really.

She gets enough overall screen time to get a general idea, and a day in the limelight episode.

Why don't you address what he says. What does K-On do that NNB didn't?

Why is this K-On masterpiece meme being so aggressively repeated lately?

>it's shit because a later anime did it too

i definitely give a shit about what you think. you definitely have a big brain that doesnt let you believe an entire thread of people saying k-on is good. what a fucking scholar. please wait while i upload the spreadsheet with all the science reasons why k-on is great. you fuck.

Love Live. It has no pretensions that it's anything more than an advanced waifu simulator.

I like both.

I like both OP what now

>What does K-On do that NNB didn't?
Be a masterpiece.

>le rational centrist man

K-On being good is been all but fact for a long time, what do you mean "lately"

Okay then. What, pray tell, is superior about k-off's atmosphere over NNB's? What is masterpiece-worthy about a bunch of girls crying about how they won't see each other anymore? (Oh wait, they can always exchange email addresses or whatever! It's not like in, say, Madoka, where a girl has to watch her friend being driven into depression and insanity and then death.)

NNB is an extremely generic SOL only praised because of the tacked on nature shots. Showing shit like
>look at this nature with absolutely nothing happening. Are you relaxed yet?"
is not subtle in the least and is just padding. Even K-ON's least interesting scenes have more to them.

>k-off

nigga please

Mm-hmm. Now what exactly makes k-off a masterpiece?

>k-off
I feel embarrassed for you

lol at this guy who watched the keions practice, perform, travel, goof off, and grow up together then asked himself "why dont they just use email" when they realize their time in high school, youth, and as a band will come to an end.

what a human being.

NNM is male gaze otaku fare with inferior direction, atmosphere, character interactions, charm, thematic weight and production. K-On is completely made by women while not being aimed at men but rather for everyone. K-On is one of the most sincere anime ever made. K-On is filled to the brim with little details that breathe depth and authenticity into its world. The staff obsesses over what the characters would wear, their height, their weight, their actions and reactions. Naoko Yamada treats her characters as human beings and not mere fictional constructs. K-On has a subtle level of narrative structure, specifically in the 2nd season, that separates it from other SOL. K-On's loose character designs brings with it cartoony fun reminiscent of classic cartoons. K-On incorporates its visual language from both amateur photography and indie American cinema to realize its idealized adolescent aesthetic.

More like triggered that I insulted your bland favorite anime, I see, since you didn't bother to answer my question.

Seems you don't know what SoL strives for if you're worried about "interesting scenes"

Better characters and far better directing, from the character movements to cinematic shots that, unlike NNB, aren't distractions from the actual content. Never claimed that it was a masterpiece though.

>triggered
Back to dumblr you go.

Is this pasta? Should I be embarrassed for not recognizing it?

But kyoanus is Tumblr's official studio. Their SJW tendencies line up so perfectly.

Sup Forums's official studio is Madhouse.

No, read this post (the title is ironic)
twolongfourtwitlonger.wordpress.com/2015/07/03/the-worst-anime-ever-made/

Autistic wanker.

>lately
0/10 I hope no one thinks you're being serious

>deadhouse

>Shounenfags and Oldfags who haven't seen K-ON shitting on it
What else is new.

>here go look at this blogpost by some literally who weeaboo fag

Nah, I'm good.

It's one of those rare shows which completely succeeds on its formal, technical and narrative grounds.
Like, you shouldn't need a review to at least empathize with those who praise it. It's readily apparent.

Toshiyuki Inoue, on Kyoani and K-On:
>their recent projects definitely reach the limits of the medium
>the animation is very rich and full, and has excellent control
>K-On! is the pinnacle of TV anime
>Kyoani has without a doubt advanced Japanese animation
>if K-On! were made 20 years ago, it'd have been a landmark achievement
>if I had to compare it to another series? Perhaps "Heidi, Girl of the Alps", even though the subject matter is very different
>the consistency of quality also reminds of "Heidi" or "Sanzen-ri"

I dropped K-on halfway the second season but finished LL minus the movie and watched sunshine

>I'm not going to read something that goes against my narrtive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm well aware of the fact that SOL is shallow fun for relaxation. I just prefer it when I'm watching the cute girls do something instead of watching wallpapers every few minutes.

>dead
>still animated the best anime this season
Really makes you ponder.

>dropped K-on halfway the second season
>watched sunshine
that's messed up

>minus the movie
nigga you what

LWA is produced by Trigger.

>>if I had to compare it to another series? Perhaps "Heidi, Girl of the Alps",
Literally gave me cancer.

Yes, I'm sure that's the reason I don't want to read your diary.

They animated Maidragon?

Really penetrates my brainpussy.

K-On isn't even close to being an idol show, what are you talking about?

>comparing an anime masterfully made with care to an anime designed solely to make money for a multimedia franchise
Not even close, and this is coming from a die hard LL fag.

Madhouse makes Kemono Friends?

Why do you lie, though?

>Little Progression Academia

>K-On responsible for the idol boom
>Honoka a copy of Yui
Holy shit this has to be bait

>complaining about episodic storytelling in a TV show

Rakugo was made by Deen

Sorry, it bored me
I'm that lazy, I have 0079 and Perfect Blue in my HDD since 2016 and I haven't watched them

>Little Sales Academia
>Little Shoehorn Romancemia

im still losing my mind laughing at
>Oh wait, they can always exchange email addresses or whatever!

jesus christ

Don't say lazy

What's sad is that some people really believe this.
>japanese MLP
>animated

Real talk, K-On was boring as fuck. At least Love Live was fun and entertainment is all that really matters.

K-On! had its flaws but I'd take it over Love Live any day. At least all 5 girls were important to the show and contributed something, that's a hell of a lot better than how the latter handled its characters.

Keep your shit to stalker threads and /u/

Pretty much

>entertainment is all that really matters
Go watch Game of Thrones or whatever other flicks are on TV and fuck off.

Anime is art.

I know, it pisses me off that people believe in the truth