What the fuck ?

what the fuck ?
did Berserk completely rip-off The End Of Evangelion ?

bump

You can't expect anyone to reply to your thread when you have "vlcsnap" in your filename and can't even bother to make a grammatically proper OP. Lurk more before posting.

Volume 12 (the volume with the Eclipse) came out almost a whole year before End of Evangelion was released.

well the end of Eva was aired at 1997

while the golden age arc of berserk was released between 1991-1997

it'd be a photo finish to determine who put "big nekkid ladies standing up out of the landscape shots"

but keep in mind, this was a flashback arc, who knows when miura had the idea way back when he first "planned" the whole thing

what fucking kind of ending is that?

>spoonfeeding

Get the literal fuck out.

Not him, but how is that in any way spoonfeeding?

>when the newfag has no idea what spoonfeeding means
holy kek

The best ending

Now go read the manga from chapter 1 you fucking faggot

>people are going to reply seriously to this

Kill yourself.

This is the only time I have ever been okay with a read-the-manga ending, because Berserk might just be the best fucking manga ever written.

not by a country mile kid

Name 3 manga better than berserk. Go on, i'll wait here patiently.

Blame, Freesia, The climber, no. 5, ultra heaven, homunculus, dorohedoro, and ping pong would like to have a word with you

there are many niche manga that arent comparable to berserk, and i mean not comparable in the literal sense. I have a problem with the way you are phrasing your claim

>blame
>the climber
>ping pong
Yeah, now i know this is bait

but saying berserk the 6 year boat manga is the best fucking manga ever like some green summer boy is not bait?

Yeah, but the anime came out after, so Berserk ripped off.

>ignoring my request by pretending to be retarded
Looks like i win this round again

No, because it is objectively the best manga ever written. Even with the hiatus it still blows every other manga out of the water in terms of story, characters, and art. If it came back from hiatus and been shit then i would agree and say its the biggest let down of the century, but it wasn't.

Berserk is not the best manga ever in the same sense that the odyssey is not the best story ever. Everytime I've tried to challenge this peoples absurd arguments fall apart in less than 3 posts, its not because they cant talk its just that their point of view is nonsensical to begin with. Theres more to manga then some guy cutting demons in half

Ok I disagree, I think alot of manga are better than berserk. I even like some action manga better, like vagabond.

The Beatles copy Justin Beaver.

I'm doing you a favor by not letting you know awesome manga. If you knew awesome manga it would blow your brains up and you would die.
>I pity you

Justin beaver copied Bon Iver

I'm glad you knew what three of the titles were but that doesnt mean it was wrong

You sound like this is the first manga you've ever read.

Also 16

no le lord of the rings epic shit has character development compared to urban fiction you filthy plebean. jesus christ this is horrible.
>berserkfags

What are some things that you guys think is better than Berserk? Not that user, just curious about your preferences.

If we're talking manga, Monster, Vinland, and Alita.

takemitsu zamurai, homunculus, hanaotako, real, planetes, vagabond, soil, bambi and her pink gun, and uncivilized planet I like more than berserk. People who like berserk often ignore the shitty parts, if you consider it as a whole its 7/10. Pacing is not an artificial aspect of writing a manga at all, in fact it takes alot of skill to pace your story correctly. Obviously berserk has some of the worst pacing in history bar none, but I would only subtract one point for that. However the bad pacing is actually so magnanimous it corrupts other parts of the manga by extension, the authors style has changed from the mangas conception, not just in art but in atmosphere. Berserk is much more like a medieval troupe adventure fiction now. Ishidoro and the young witch are nonsensical characters that add nothing. Griffith is a complete character, there is nothing else to learn about him. In fact for all of its merits one thing most misunderstood about berserk is character development. Being subtle about characters feelings is not development, thats just basic realism. I assume since readers are so acclimated to manga for 10 year olds where everyone shouts their feelings to the sky and cry that they think this indicative of good writing. Its the bare minimum to be considered series, and berserk already botched that when it was turned into pure genre fiction. 7/10 if it ended at golden age in a homage to classic tragedies, 5/10 currently overall. If I could talk to a younger miura I would say don't burn out all your good material at the beginning and actually have a story planned out before writing.

I don't think anything is unilaterally better than it because it has a very unique premise. You can compare manga like blade of the immortal and vagabond very easily because they are both samurai battle period dramas. But to say berserk is the best every neglects every other kind of genre. From the get go its just an absurd statement parroted by either complete newfags or trolls. I only activate my autism about this on manga because super commercialized anime is much more centralized

I'll only give you one.

Idolmaster

Yeah lets be real you just think hes a newfag. Thats all you had to say. Also
>says its 7/10 overall in the beginning
>then says its 5/10 overall
I would have gone one step further: 4/10

>homunculus
>vagabond
keking hard over here

I'm glad you know the names of two manga in my post. Evidently you didn't know the names of the other ones.

Want to know how I know you've read 5 manga

Bleach
One Punch Man
Shingeki no Kyojin

i don't

if you read the post you'd understand i pointed out the ones i did know. and that they're both shit. So following that logic the rest of the names in your post is most likely shit too. But keep on with the elitist attitude thinking you're so much better because you've read a bunch of hipster shit and trying to pass it off and amazing.

Dipshit

I'm curious, how did it rip it off?

You should kill yourself slowly and painfully.

don't get into an argument with Berserk fags

years of hiatus have left them mentally impaired

Don't fall for their bait, my man. Your energy is wasted on these vermin.

Come on, user. At least put some effort into it.

god, you're such a cunt

/thread

you've all been baited

hoi

i want to get into beserk but i dont want to devote my goddamn life to reading / watching beserk stuff. What are the essentials?

This is actually a good post

I'm not going to call anything the best of anything ever but you're ignorant if you think berserk is only about some guy cutting demons in half

>soil
I want to start this so bad, but I don't want to start another ongoing manga. Is it anywhere close to ending?

Not that user, but I've read quite a lot of manga; Berserk is still in my top 3, easy.
But I'm an edgy faggot.

>I'm a faggot

At least you got to be right about something in this thread.

>Real
>Planetes
What a pile of steaming tryhard piece of turd. I'm not even kidding

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

Hopefully, one not-too-distant day, there will be a clear demarcation between a great musician like Tim Buckley, who never sold much, and commercial products like the Beatles. At such a time, rock critics will study their rock history and understand which artists accomplished which musical feat, and which simply exploited it commercially.

Beatles' "Aryan" music removed any trace of black music from rock and roll. It replaced syncopated African rhythm with linear Western melody, and lusty negro attitudes with cute white-kid smiles.

>Implying you aren't.

Welcome to Sup Forums. We're all faggots here.
Also, that was my first post of the thread.