Best new Jump series

Best new Jump series
>strawpoll.me/12616328

Worst new Jump series
>strawpoll.me/12616335

Also which ones do you think will actually make it?

Gender Bender one, Stone Gays, and either Demon Gay or Gay Golf.

They all look suckish.

The girl with hair buns is cute tho

Poro and U19 first on the chopping block.

Golf is boring as fuck but will survive through fujos.

what's the shota and the girl with the short hair and glasses one?

nvm

>Best
Tied between Dr. Stone or Marie
>Worst
U19 by far

for once I concur with Sup Forums taste

I wish Jump threads would go away. Nothing from Jump has been good since Slam Dunk.

This has been a miraculously disappointing batch of new series. Robot X Laserbeam is too early to judge but the rest of them I feel like I've seen enough to tell that they aren't fucking going anywhere. I can't see any of these series lasting more than 3 volumes.

>No they are all shit option

Slam Dunk was 20 fucking years ago, fuck you.

>I wish Jump threads would go away.
This. I want Sup Forums to talk more about manga, but not fucking WSJ of all things.

I'd fucking dick Marie

I mean this is essentially a general. It shouldn't be here at all.

I really dislike We Never Learn and I can't quite put my finger on why. May just be how blatant the pandering and haremshit is. I've never dropped a series harder than it's first chapter and the fucking "hey aren't they... kinda cute?" line. Even a genki brown tomboy won't pull me back.

I can't say I'd mind too much if every series was canceled tomorrow but Dr. Stone is probably my favorite of the bunch.

I hope Laserbeam becomes something completely over the top, I have a soft sport for bullshit sport series like Prince of Tennis.

We Never Learn is so uninteresting.
U19 is dumb.
Poro is cute, but boring.
Hungry Marie is the best of the batch.
Dr. Stone is getting good now that it's settling into pace.
Too early to judge Robot x Laserbeam.

>U19 is dumb.
adult detected.

They're all pretty mediocre.

Why do people specifically follow WSJ? Most of it is trash. It's the magazine with Black Clover in it for fuck's sake.

I look forward to Marie and Study the most. Study is comfy and refreshing for a harem and Marie is decently funny so far which is always a plus.
U19 is comically bad but it was a riot of a trainwreck to sit through.
Dr. Stone is meh for me but there's nothing offensive about it. I just feel it should slow down a bit. The premise still hasn't hooked me.
Poro is just bland and unfunny for a gag manga and Robot is just fucking boring. The guy is desperately trying to convince his readers that golf can be exciting.

Hopefully none because I hate them all. Golf will probably live because Kuroko author.

Comes out weekly and actually gets scanlated.

Does that really justify following trash?

It's fun to follow a weekly series that actually gets regular scans.

Just explaining what drives interest. No need to get mad that people read something you don't like.

Actually makes sense, thanks.

I like Dr. Stone.

Which is weird seeing as I didnt finish Toriko.

Uh huh. Everything that I actually read for enjoyment is either monthly or bi-monthly, or only gets translated in chunks when a new volume comes out. WSJ manga are the filler between that I can just open up once a week and have a laugh at whatever dumb stuff is happening.

Poro and We can't Study

Dr.NakedBoys comes close

Dr. Stone is the best one I've read so far.
Marie is boring as shit.
U19 is a meme joke.
We never learn is your typical trash haremshit.
Poro is unfunny and boring as fuck.
Haven't read boys playing with their golf balls yet

Fuck off to your seinen shit.

It seems basically impossible to generate interest in threads for monthly series, too, which is probably why they don't get posted about as much. (unless it's some dumb bullshit battle series in Jump SQ)

No one even said anything about demographics, user.

I wish everything was weekly for my own benefit, although I do actually agree with Hipster-kun about quality. But I find it a lot easier to follow weekly.

It's fucking hilarious that the Medaka Box team went to SQ and got cancelled.

It's kind of a miracle that Medaka Box lasted as long as it did, huh.

Dr. Stone is interesting

Robot will 100% stay

Honestly, at this point 90%+ of what I follow gets scanlated so slowly/sporadically that it doesn't even make a difference whether it's weekly or monthly (if it's even still ongoing in Japan).

Oh did that series get cancelled? I missed that.

I always think, when I catch up to a series with ongoing scans, that I'll be able to remember all the characters and what's happening. But then six months later I have no fucking clue beyond the basics.

I unironically loved it.

poro is totally going to try to pivot to battle series

>we can't study
shitskin girl ruined it
>U19
literary forced edge and irrelevant political manga for teens. Do kids in japan gives a shit about politics?
>poro
fujou bait. Forced anime reference and demon king cliche.
>marie
no feeling as of yet. probably gonna get canned just like beelzebub and psyren.
>dr. stone
interesting concept about human evolution. Still needs more chapters for criticism.
>golf
BLAH sport manga haha, about as irrelevant as sport video game. Just go outside brah!

It had a lot of kinks and bits that weren't very good, but its highs were super high. It's not fair to say Kumagawa saved the comic, but he was definitely at least 40% of what kept it worthwhile for me.

edgy

I want dr.Stone and Marie to succeed so bad. I don't care about the rest, although if haikus ends anytime soon it would be nice if RxL could be the sports manga.

>shitskin ruined it
you know you can't have a harem with just 2 girls, right? and i find her more interesting that /lit/, /sci/ is still best girl tho

Given how knb escalated it wouldn't surprise me.
>inb4 it turns out to be after some major cataclysm or some shit so we have THREE post-apocalyptic manga at one time

>generalizing sports manga as being shit

Dumbest post on Sup Forums at this moment in time.

Dr. Stone is the thinking man's Toriko.

but the brown is so forced, like sudden childhood friend that was never mentioned? even her personality is forced as fucked, like she must like the mc no matter what and is loud and obnoxious of the bunch.

Speaking of which, what's the point of reading harem series? like we suppose to read about how mc rape all of his girls? why didn't the girls start killing each other just like the good ol' ancient china?

A good first ranking doesn't mean it's safe for the long haul, but it guarantees Bokuben to survive the next round. Robot's safe for the reason that the fastest Jump manga to get cancelled was in 8 chapters, and it won't reach that number for another 6 weeks.

So the only ones up for the axe are U19, Poro, Marie, and Dr.Stone. Samon's probably gone soon and usually only 3 series leave at once, so I think only U19 and Poro are dying.

Is it ending naturally or was it finally axed?
Damn, this group of series was really good, I want most of them to survive.

is true. Sport is more about luck and skills kind of thing. Sports manga often gives mc bullshit luck that allows him to win.
Let's say this is a baseball manga and just as mc team is about to lose, he scored a home run!!!!!! really exciting right? like we all saw it coming. Sport manga are predicable as shit, only gets popular with the help of 3rd party dressing like fan services or weird shit (Ex. Dinosaur from eye shield)

she was introduced in chapter 4, if it were in chapter 30 then you have a point, and your friends is not something you brough up in a studying group conversation, but i can see how her personality can be annoying to some, oh well

>poro
>fujou bait

> Let's say this is a baseball manga and just as mc team is about to lose, he scored a home run!!!!!! really exciting right? like we all saw it coming.
First off, this is still a shitty generalization. Second off, I could shittily generalize any series involving fights or competitions in the same way.

>implying the same exact shit doesn't apply to battle manga

You sound like a narutard.

Kind of both, it seems like Jump is pushing the mangaka to end it before he was ready, since the final arc started out of nowhere and many of the side characters probably won't get resolution since they're really disconnected from the demon plot, but the final arc so far has had slow pacing, so it's not being rushed, seems like the editors are being generous like with Sesuji and gave him a distant deadline for when to finish.

It's even fucking dumber, because in a battle series the protagonist is essentially guaranteed safety, where sports series can and do have the main character(s) lose all the time, because the only consequence is that they have to work harder.

why is jump so shitty now?

I bet if he sacrificed the Poro mangaka he'd get like an extra month.

I find everything to be trash, especially for U19 that should get an honorable mention for setting the new low in weekly jump, except for RxL. RxL is very good in itself but the sport itself is unfortunately a huge fucking bore that it might as well go full pandering from the start to survive and potentially put HQ back where it belongs.

Meanwhile at monthly SQ, you got the Shota Collection killing black torch in toc.

i don't like to use this term, but i think it's the "big 3" hangover, they spend more than a decade with a lot of commercially succesful manga, and now that they only have OP and HQ they have less patience to the new series

>the Shota Collection killing black torch in toc.
How many chapters do they have out?

But even during the time where they had One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, and a bunch of other successes, they had a high turnover rate. It's not a new thing, the only difference between now and then is that the series that survive now sell a lot less and are a lot less popular.

BT has 3 chapters and KJ has 4 in april issue.

v1 for KJ is also out and the reception is fairly high, on twitter at least. Meanwhile BT is always associated with Kubo.

black torch introduce interesting ninja vs demon concept, but is torn down by the awful "trying to be tough but can't win without mc help cliche" female side cast with the mc being that "guy who got power because he was possessed" cliche. Black torch is so fucking cliche jesus.

> they spend more than a decade with a lot of commercially succesful manga, and now that they only have OP and HQ
BnHA and Shokueki would also have been in the top five WSJ series sales-wise a decade ago. There's no serious drought.

> they have less patience to the new series
Pic related, they aren't really being unusually impatient.

how? i know that in here it got compared to bleach for the artstyle and other things, but only Kubo can make Kubooo's, how it's the reception in 2ch?

Yeah, but really, isn't 90% of Sup Forums is usually just general.
Also I wish Sup Forums would talk more about other magazine, like Weekly shonen sunday or weekly shonen champion.

As disappointed as I was with Poro, I'm so glad to have learned about Kemono. Ghoul shota is infinitely more interesting than demon shota.

look at the average duration of the canned series, that's what i mean with patience

The series itself is basically Bleach with a different artist. I'm only reading it for the cat is fine too.

By Kubo, i mean Bleach, yeah. I don't know about 2ch but on other public jp sites you'll see bleach mention a lot.

Black Torch is fine. It's shit without best cat, Ragu, though.

Yeah, I got baited hard too into thinking that Poro is a shotacon series. I'm quite happy find an alternative, although monthly and no active scans, with actual qt shotas.

There's also quite a lot of fanart too. And the v1 postcard is quite cute. I hope it'll get scanned soon.

what is bakugon doing in pic related? if he is going to do angry edgy stuff I'm going to drop it.

I wish Sup Forums wouldn't talk about things by magazine, honestly.

2010: 8 series, none really survived a year, cancelled in 25 weeks average
2015: 12 series, three survived a year, others cancelled in 22 weeks average
I'm not seeing it.

He's a textbook male tsun, the best kind of tsun.

They are kids that actually act like one for once. It's fucking cute.

Hungry Marie isn't bad. Would be actually decent if they dropped Anna and just made the manga about his bro and him trying to get by at school.

Sup Forums used to have central Jump, Sunday, and (sometimes/rarely) Magazine threads before. It kind of stopped because there is nothing much to discuss. Jump is now currently filled with new series; Magazine is mainly holds sports genre; and Sunday has plenty of famous authors but the mag itself is dying out.

The monthly magazines have better series overall desu senpai.

People post about the big series from those mags (Magi, Baki), everything else is stuff no one cares about.

Even in 2009 when the big 3 was at its peak sales-wise, they had 14 new series, 10 of which ended in under a year.

Reborn did that and it almost worked...I liked Reborn

Good taste.
>tfw they'll probably go first because Japan has shit taste

>RxL is very good in itself but the sport itself is unfortunately a huge fucking bore
>RxL is very good in itself
>RxL is VERY GOOD
I like your style of baiting, mr. Troll.

>Sunday has plenty of famous authors but the mag itself is dying out
Also gas pretty good serialization, some of the best in weekly format.
>The monthly magazines have better series overall desu senpai
I agree.

Neither of its best series are actually on a consistent weekly format, though.

Marie has only interacted with him in one chapter but is already a better love interest for the MC.

Dr. Stone is one of the new series I never intended to read and the only one I still haven't read because of how off-putting the preview picture for it was. Kind of unreal how it's by far the most popular one. I've been intending to give it a try because of its reception but it doesn't look appealing at all.

Indeed, that's why I think it's better, And why it's dying

>almost worked
It worked out great, for years it was the #4 manga in the magazine behing the Big 3, it's just that Amano only had enough talent to do 1.5 good arcs before going into convoluted bullshit, she just shouldn't have bit off more than she could chew.

Is it the most popular? Among the normalfags on other sites and manga readers, it seems less popular than We Never Learn and Hungry Marie.

What were the one and a half good arcs? I think the second to last arc was one of the best.

Because it is weekly and you get instant gratification.
All the good manga are either monthly or have huge hiatus.

If one piece can make it then everything has a chance

>Is it the most popular
Well, it got the fastest translation compared to the other ones.

>he doesn't know boichi

kys

>stone gays

Whoa there, the first couple of chapters are about reviving MC's gf

Dr.Stone looks Fujo, but it's trying what no other post apocalyptic story has attempted
Actually restoring modern civilization as a goal

Week 2 WT v18 sales aren't bad at all. It consistently drops around 2.5k every week.

It's not surprising at all since it has 2 big names stamped on it.

I thought the cover was kinda shitty too, then I saw the heroine.

Dropped.