One Piece

Will he survive by the end of this arc?

lol, no.

ah, that was a good chapter

I hope so.

kek

>Crew introduced
>death flags constantly

People who thought he was ever going to join the Straw Hats are delusional. At best he'll be part of the Fleet and that's it. He's definitely going to die though to save Luffy from Big Mom and the Crew will join the Fleet in honor of Jinbei's wishes.

But surely all these blatant death flags means he'll live, right? Killing off a characterr after making the character say "I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die" just feels stupid.

>surely all these blatant death flags means he'll live
I think that it's ambiguous at this point

Maaaan, I want Bon-chan to come save the Strawhats yet again. Prison break fucking when?

literally death flags the chapter

Hell team up with Doffy to escape prison

Yes he will.

Based Monk and Based Okama alliance when?

ODA, WHERE'S MY NIGGA ZORO?

the final chapter is that alliance teaming up to attempt to defeat this guy
and losing

On top of everything Jinbe has worn a skull patterned kimono this arc. It makes me honestly think he will survive if it's being that overt.

Imagine if Ace decided to wear a shirt with a tombstone on it when he confronted Blackbeard

These are like the the forced meme brothers, fitting the posts are next to each other.

He has a skull tattooed on his back, Whitebeard's jolly roger.

Why is Jinbe such a follower? Wonder if there's room on his fat body for Sunny pirate, Whitebeard Pirate, Strawhat Pirate and Fishman kingdom tats. Guarantee realistically if Luffy died he'd latch onto someone else within the month.

He joined all of those crews aside from the strawhats explicitly because they presented the best opportunities for the fishman race.
This is why in recent chapters his crew has told him to be more selfish, because they recognize the amount of sacrifice he has made for his fishman brethren.

Sounds like a leech, and how has his leeching benefited fishman island? People just pass threw the place. They have a Goddamn civil war and Big Moms people only show up to threaten not protect. Oh yah, add a Big Mom tat to his collection

Bon Clay died. The man in Impel Down is a tribute artist. His devil fruit will be used to pull shenanigans in the future, and when the crew had to go to Davy Jones' Locker, he'll bust out with them as the final crewmate, devil-fruitless but still the same badass he always was.

Threadly reminder Nami dies at the tea party

Pudding is the mother caramel.

That doesn't even make sense.

You are the mother caramel.

I know but the jolly roger has significant meaning unrelated to death.

I'm just hammering home the point that it goes beyond foreshadowing and seems too overt. If he actually died it makes that kimono look ridiculous since he's never been associated with morbid imagery before.

we all are the mother caramel.

It will be Bonney, not because it was intended, but because Odas running out of arcs to spotlight the supernovas in. Luckily he gets to highlight a wopping 5 in Wano, Apoo, Hawkins, Kid, X Drake and Killer. 8 if you count Law Zoro and Luffy. The question is, is Urouge gonna get spotlighted this arc too or did he just get a mention.

Bonney will be the mother caramel?
What would give you this idea when it has all but been confirmed that jinbei is the mother caramel?

Did this filler turn anyone else into a firm LuCa shipper? They're just too cute together. `(*^﹏^*)′

>shipper
If I turn into a shipper I'll kill myself.

This. I think it's pretty obvious Aladdine is being set up as the Fishman division captain in Jinbe's place.

You'll see the light one day. They all do.

The bright light at the end of the tunnel maybe

Yes? Anyone who thinks otherwise is retarded.

I want to gomu gomu no jet piston Carrot.

>How can calmityfags even compete?

He's going to be nearly killed by Big Mom.
Then he'll be brought back to life, because we already have a hint that people killed by her powers can recovered. We saw that with Moscato.

He'll join after having a big moment between him and Luffy about how he doesn't need to shoulder all every burden on his own anymore, because he's part of his crew.

I really hope not.
I really hope that the strawhats don't get another crew member at all. It's already too big and characters get overlooked way too much.
Hell, when was the last time Zoro, Brook or Frankie had an actually good fight that wasn't just a few panels?

Who eat that?
Gay fish?

2 more characters are inevitable.

All previous hints aside, just the fact that Teach has 10 major subordinates is enough evidence that Luffy will also have 10 crewmates. The final fight arc is going to have a 1v1 battle with every Blackbeard pirate.

It is really late for characters to pop in and join out of nowhere though. It's why most people think we already know the last two crewmates, particularly Jinbe who's been a main character since Impel Down and already had a lot of spotlight.

Agreed. I think 10 member is plenty. We have every role we could need filled now.

Zoro the first mate
Nami the navigator
Usopp the canoneer/sniper
Chopper the doctor
Caesar the scientist
Franky the shipwright
Robin the archeologist
Brook the musician
Sanji the cook

I mean what else could we need? Maybe Jinbe could work outside the crew as the fleet strategist but really the Sunny is full.

>we already know the last two crewmates
right law and carrot.

Zoro has Wano, Franky fought Señor Pink, and Brook has been doing cool enough shit to make up for him not fighting

1 is not like the others

I'd rather have Blackbeards crew to simply be cut by two by whatever circumstances than to get another two members on the Sunny, honestly.

Zoro may get Wano, but one major Arc per character (in which only they get better fights) is kinda weak when it only hits every 100 chapters or so. Even longer for Zoro, I think.

Just remember the glorious beginnings. Pretty much every chapter had good fights for every member. Now arcs have split groups and the shore group hardly does any fighting at all. I'm quite fine with Nami, Chopper and Robin not doing all that much fighting anymore, but fighting is pretty much the main thing for Zoro, Sanji, Usopp (at least being tricky as fuck), Franky and Brook, but they hardly ever get to shine in that regard.
They might have their alternative roles, and I like the things Brook did in the latest chapters, but all in all it was just pretty weak, considering he should be good with swords and shit. He hardly did anything with his soul upgrade he got from the 2 year time skip apart from reconnaisance.

Carrot waifu bullshit aside it's already been made clear that Law won't be joining the crew.

Not because he doesn't fit it or isn't important, on the contrary. It's because he's Luffy's equal, and someone with his own ambitions. For all intents and purposes he's the Vegeta to Luffy's Goku, the edgier rival with shared origins who has a hard time admitting they're actually friends.

>Caesar
>Not Gangster Gastino

Honestly just kys

>I'd rather have
neat, that's unlikely to happen

>ght back to life, because we already have a hint that people killed by her powers can recovered. We saw that with Moscato.

Brook is maybe able to "rez" him with a song.

>Brook
m8 Brook literally just stole the poneglyph from under Big Mom's nose. His fruit power post timeskip has been more useful for infiltration than just fighting, and I think that it's diversification of roles like this that keeps the characters feeling imaginative and the story structure varied.
If the strawhats can solve every problem by punching it repeatedly I would say that the storytelling has taken a turn for the worst. It's always been each member working together and doing what they are good at that kept the group afloat.

True that.
Problem is, once this chapter is over we won't see anything meaningful from Brook again for another 150 chapters. That's my main problem.

Gastino isn't a scientist and we don't really know anything about his abilities yet

Why? He has been fine in every single arc since the timeskip. Always had his little moment. He just lacked his big moment.

He must be some kind of alchemist, because Bege wanted him to poison Big Mom.

viz when?

I actually cannot wait for Viz, no chapter I think I've ever read needs a official translation more than this one. Oh I really do hope his name is Katakuri not Fucking dog breath. Also all the names for the underworld brokers are up in the air

Who here is ready to see Jinbei die this arc? I don't hate the character, I just think his role has been/will be fulfilled and he should make a permanent exit. He has outlived his usefulness.

I hope Oda's foreshadowing of his death hasn't been an elaborate ruse.

not home yet, gonna post in around an hour.

VIZbro

thank you viz senpai!

maybe he just has some sort of connection to Caesar.

Caesar? why would a character as cool as Gangster Gastino have a connection to some nerd with the last name Clown?
I doubt it.

Another Viz guy here, it's Katakuri in this version as well. Mangastream is the only one to do the "Dogtooth" thing. The names for the underworld people are pretty much the same.

thank fucking god

niggastream BTFO

I'm glad they did it but I cant wait to hear what kind of mental gymnastics Stephen is going to come up with for not translating this but translating Nekomamushi and Inuarashi. You either localize the names or you dont.

Honestly I think its just whatever version of the name sounds cooler to the translator.

This arc, likely.
In the future, around the final arc/war, that's when he'll die. Remember that foreshadowing in One Piece goes far. He even says somewhere down the line, meaning not now, but in the future, when things really go to shit.

He'll be fine.

I think names shouldn't be localized/translated, but ephitets/titles should be translated because they (most of the times) contain important themes/meaning.
Like Admiral "Blue Pheasant" instead of Admiral Aokiji, sure the latter sounds cooler but the former is what Oda actually intended to give to the readers.

Sure, but he makes sure to go on about the importance of localization and usually end up mocking others for choosing different translations for names and titles, good example of this is the Shichibukai. At least for me Dogstorm and Catviper sound a lot worse than the Japanese equivalent too.

i can't believe they basically made Sanji a member of a nazi family, but then added the line "never tell anyone about this" so it fits into the timeline without creating plotholes

What?

Remember all the death flags Kyros had?

>cannibalism in children's cartoons
Why do humans look down on cannibalism, anyway?

It fits in the timeline without plot holes anyways

Not all fish are of the same species. Hell, it was pretty ballsy to do that considering there's no predator undertones with Spongebob's world.

on the off-chance you're serious, it's because you get a ton of diseases from it so it has been universally frowned upon throughout history and so it's been integrated in our ethics.

partially the amount of degenerate diseases
partially because we rationalize eating animals as morally gray because we don't know if they think and feel like us, and can't do the same for humans.

>Not all fish are of the same species
That's racist.
So the same reason pork is haram for Muslims? What if we cook human meat properly?

It's not Stephen's fault just like it's not his fault they still use fucking Zolo.

do pigs think like people in islam?
I'm not an expert on biology but I believe that it has to do with the compatibility between the disease and the organism.
Some diseases are particularly dangerous for nonhumans but harmless for humans.
A google search will do wonders here, but I've heard that of the few studies done on cannibals most of the diseases attacked the central nervous system.

I think the admirals are somewhat of an exception since their titles basically are their names. The only admiral who gets regularly referred to by their given name is Akainu. I can't remember the last time I heard Borsalino.

Akainu is the admiral name. His real name is Sakazuki. Borsalino is Kizaru.

he knows this, the post was detailing how akainu's underlings refer to him as sakazuki, but kizaru is pretty much the only one to say the name borsalino.

Zolo isnt his fault, the decisions now are on him.

Sanji will die and Jinbei will take his place in the monster trio

Thanks vizanon!

I thought his name was dogtooth???