"Writer and manga creator Daisuke Satō passed away due to ischemic heart disease on March 22. He was 52...

"Writer and manga creator Daisuke Satō passed away due to ischemic heart disease on March 22. He was 52. His immediate family have already held a funeral service, and his younger sister Yūko Shinmyō was the chief mourner."
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-03-26/high-school-of-the-dead-manga-creator-daisuke-sato-passes-away-at-52/.113968

F

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yHN38DOA1d8
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-03-25/tomohiro-matsu-hatena-illusion-light-novels-get-anime/.113920
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

F

I feel bad for Inazuma. He was waiting for so long for give him some more story and now he died.

I don't understand why we keep having threads about this. I didn't think Highschool of the Dead was that popular.

I'm really trying to make a pun about HSotD being dead now but it just isn't working.

F

Togashi next

HOTD is entry level as fuck. Has been since it aired.

I guess he's free to draw HotD however he wants now? Maybe we'll finally get more. Maybe he'll quickly end it, but at last it's some closure.

It was popular on Sup Forums when it aired

it was already popular on Sup Forums in 2007, when the MANGA had just started. And back then, Death Note & Gurren Lagann were the hottest shit.

This makes me happy because the cuckroach won't win.

no one cared about the story, only inazuma's art and designs

There's barely any story in it besides shooting up zombies in creative ways.

>He was 52. His immediate family have already held a funeral service, and his younger sister Yūko Shinmyō was the chief mourner
>No mention to wife, kids or girlfriend
Was Daisuke Sato a wizard?

He's as dead as the manga

he drew hentai, I don't imagine he ever had sex

I'm calling that piece of shit from the other thread who called me a liar. Read the Japanese Wikipedia and research. While it's true you cannot trust user reviews, a few of them go into detail. I guess i have to ask Shouji Sato in Twitter or Email.

You sure get mad, Mr. Namefag.

So is Inazuma allowed to finish it?

he was a writer, he didnt draw anything, you retard

Do you even know the basic about the author. He's not a mangaka, he's a novelist. He probably written down the entire plot already all these years. It may not be in novel form but the basic plot details like the ending and stuff.

Have you read the novel? Do you even know Japanese? I'll get my hands on a copy soon enough.

Is it really hard to believe Rei and her boyfriend had sex, actual or even foreplay like blowjobs and all? They are in Highschool for fucks sake. I don't give a damn about shipping, whether a imaginary girl is virgin or not doesn't matter to me, she doesn't even exist. If the change in the novelization where Takashi moved away when he was a kid after making that promise with Rei is true then wouldn't Rei have more reason to hate Takashi.

God fucking knows whether that's true but it will be my job to find out. I guess all you could do is shut up.I don't care if no one believes me. I'll just have to prove you guys wrong soon enough. It's only 112 pages after all, summer is coming up and no exams this time.

I would marry Shizuka

Thank god that scum is dead.

Worst token loli in the entire anime and manga history, ever.
>completely useless with one gimmick
>not good for feels having no character or worty interaction
>not cute or lovely at all by design or scenes
>not even fanservice for lolicons
I don't see the point.

So if this ever gets continued by the artist, I hope he kills off Cuckroach. The author favored her while the artist favored Saeko.

Anyone with taste favored Saeko

Shizuka best girl.

Both were shit.

>F
>F
>F

Fuck off

Of course. It's sad the that author is dead, but if this series gets picked up by somebody else, chances are Rei is going to get moved aside. Nobody likes her.

>dates mc's friend and openly flaunts it despite her knowing he liked her
>after saving her life she chimps out and accuses him of just being jealous
>immediately back tracks and begs him not to leave after he's heard enough of her shit
>gets immensely jealous whenever saeko gets close to him despite her cucking him in the first place

How can anybody liker her? She's only good for fapbait, but then again the rest of the girls are too. After the first episode I already disliked her, especially after this scene.

youtube.com/watch?v=yHN38DOA1d8

>You'll never wake up being smothered by those fantastic breasts after a night of passionate love making

Why does it hurt?

didn't he die fucken years ago?

It literally has Matrix tits. It was quite popular when it aired.

>he defended his roach waifu to the grave

No he just disappeared. People assumed he died or something but it looks like he was just sick. Now that he's actually dead I hope the series doesn't die with him. I tried getting into Triage X, but it's just not the same.

This scene is the perfect reason to hate her, but it's also the perfect reason to see him as a fucking cuck.

She's acting like a real woman, who wouldn't snap out of their mind over such a tragedy?
Other than that it's normal to make everything extra edgy and dramatic at the beginning (like high school DxD) and then tone things down, she's never acted that way anymore after.

>the author died so now it's my chance to fuck over his will
neck yourself

Why the art of this manga looks so fucking good

It's not even impressive or anything

It's just

>last thread reached limit with Rei's pic

Nice.

>the publisher ends up getting Hirano to write it
>Hirano kills off Hirano
>also only one chapter per year

>the author died so now it's my chance to fuck over his will
Well, his will is this "Fuck, I can't think of a good way to make sense of all this shit so let's pretend I'm buttmad over piracy stuff and be done with it, woohoo"

HoTD story is nothing special, it's waifus, zombie and fan service that kept it going, a typical zomebie apocalypse stuff, the character design of this one just 'click' with people more than the other, that's about it.

Just when I thought HoTD couldn't be more dead.

>she's never acted that way anymore after.

Oh please, she's a bipolar cunt who throws tantrums for the stupidest reasons.

doesn't matter: if there were disagreements with how to proceed with the story taking advantage of his death to do your own thing is beyond disrespectful, moreso if your proposal is to kill his favorite character

Rei does nothing relevant for the story though besides get mad at the person she cucked and get salty for random reasons. If this shit does get continued he'll probably end up with Saeko anyway.

The series was a joint effort. It doesn't completely belong to him. If the artist gains the other half of the rights then he can do whatever he pleases with it. How is that taking advantage of his death? And nobody cares if it's his favorite character. What matters is what the readers care about, and majority of them dislike Rei and prefer Saeko.

The artist should just make a Saeko clone and made a new story just about her. In every single point she is identical to Saeko, just with another name and a slightly darker shade of purple.

What did you not understand about respect for a dead person? Thankfully japanese people are more tactful than you.

Who the fuck cares about the dead

RIP in peace

But bus sluts ;__;

The guy will be so upset because someone is using his characters in the land of the fucking dead you retard?

It's precisely because he's dead that there is no need to restrain oneself, he's not using the characters anymore, nor does he care anymore, because he. is. dead.

Don't worry mr. horny teenager, I'll make sure to pay people to piss on your grave until it turn yellow

This. Why don't people understand that both people had as much importance in the development of the story? One is dead so the rights go to the other, now he can craft it in any way he wants. True following the complete script Daisuke wrote may be his complete will but he has no say in the matter anymore if the script does differ and Rei get's killed off.

dammit carlos to soon

>chief mourner

WTF is that even? Someone who gets to cry louder than everyone else? Like a cheerleader captain but morbid?

I don't know why people ever liked Rei to begin with, the only thing she has is a good looking face and body. Saeko on the other hand has a more interesting personality, looks better in all honesty, and isn't fucking annoying.

Going with the story however you like to after you get the rights is completely different from not paying proper respect to a dead person. It's like you're saying that nazis still had the right to kill jews after Hitler's death just to respect him.

Well there is this one shot doujin he made with a Saeko clone. The name is even a cheeky reference to High School of the Dead. The only difference is that she has those "ears". Too bad it's only like three pages.

>Going with the story however you like to after you get the rights is completely different from not paying proper respect to a dead person.
Him being dead doesn't mean you can do whatever you want with the story at all. If you co-own a terrain with somebody else and he dies you don't get complete ownership of it, his family would likely inherit his share because that's what he wanted.

>It's like you're saying that nazis still had the right to kill jews after Hitler's death just to respect him.
That's completely a false-equivalence, the sentence doesn't even make sense in its own.

Guess we'll never see his masterpiece completed.

Are you guys fucking retard? The one that has the right to make the decision is not them but Dragon Age.

>his younger sister Yūko Shinmyō was the chief mourner."
Is this some Japanese only thing? Do other cultures usually appoint someone chief mourner?

>Respecting the dead
>In buniess
>Nips

Hello, Trinity Blood author want to have a word with you...Oops.

F

rude

Every culture has a chief mourner: Basically the person who is in charge of the funeral.

In America, for example, if a family had multiple siblings, the eldest is usually expected to be the chief mourner who is in charge of the parent's funeral and helps carry out any will left behind by the deceased.

Lawyers don't handle everything in a funeral after all.

See

this is just fucking sad as fuck.

Triage X looks like it might be finishing up soon. I wonder if Inazuma will try to work something out with Dragon Age or if this series is finally dead for good?

Japs aren't that sad. The writer did not have a good reputation and was known for not completing any work he set to create and left it in permanent hiatus before moving on to a new project.

Well, ZnT's author died but they kept the illustrator and just hired a new writer.

Depends if Dragon Age finds a new writer and lets the artist become both the writer and artist for Highschool of the Dead.

It all depends on the publisher.

How the fuck do you die to ischemic heart disease being a 52 y o 1st worlder?

>and just hired a new writer
that's also because the author left notes on how to wrap up the story

It's mostly up to Dragon Age and Triage X's performance if Inazuma prove himself to be money maker then they may ask him to continue HoTD alone or with another partner. Let's not forget that HoTD went hiatus for a very long time now, there's many thing to be considered and make sure of if you want revive the series such as it's popularity and demand for it.

Anyways, HoTD is clearly not a story orient series and mostly focuse on the character and Inazuma has no problem handle that kind of stuff so it's not that much of a problem if they choose to continue the series, the biggest problem is the demand for it...they left it untouch for too long.

So, now will Inazuma finish it by himself?

Triage X getting translated further when? Anywho the best we can hope for at this point is Inazuma taking over the story and finishing it up in the next couple years.

It's all up to Dragon Age whether they want to continue the series or 'respect' the author and bury it for good. The good thing out of all this is that HoTD is a total cliche Zombie Apocalypse that anyone with a half decent skill can write it.

Anyways, try not to keep your hope up.

HoTD may be a worthless cliche but Saeko is a miracle

>Saeko is a miracle
She along with other girls are what make this series popular to begin with.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-03-25/tomohiro-matsu-hatena-illusion-light-novels-get-anime/.113920

Hatena Illusion is still getting an anime despite the fact the author died and the light novel only went up to 4 volumes.

>it just isn't working.
So, dead then...

>Triage X getting translated further when

Probably never. It's up to 14 volumes and only 10 chapters have been scanned. And I don't think anybody is planning on picking it up either.

>10

Meant to type 20.

How's Triage X? And his other works?

Lewder than HotD, Heartcatch best girl

Honestly I believe you and I'll be waiting for your summaries of the novel, will you post it here or in some forums site???

about triage x. What happened to all the english scans. it feels like they all stop after a certain point and its impossible to find them now.

Wouldn't it being licensed hurt that?