The video game industry dindu nuffin

The video game industry dindu nuffin.

Shut the fuck up about loot boxes, commies.

>haven't played a video game in a decade
>gamers deserve loot boxes

What does it have to do with being a commie? Lets be honest about what loot boxes are. They are sort of gambling, which I am not against. Lets just label them as such and not lie.

>Games used to be about having fun.
>Now they're about making money.
Why does capitalism ruin everything

Criticism of capitalism is communist.

Muh job creators, commie.

I was considering getting an Xbox this year after a long hiatus from gaming until my friend sent me an overview video of how bad this "lootbox" shit has gotten in virtually every single video game.

this too

>Criticism of capitalism is communist.
Now this is how you boomerpost.

fucking boomers are the worst

When a 90$ game asks you to pay 250$ to even stand a chance playing you can't say we have no reason to complain boomer fag. Btw, in swb2 by ea vader alone costs over 300$ or 600h of gameplay without buying anything else.

>People hate having to submit cash for a blind roll and having to accept what is handed out to them
>This makes them a commie

Bootlickers gonna bootlick. The lootbox is the most anti-capitalist thing ever, it removes choice from the market, and is destroying an entire industry. But buzzwords are cool, so meme away fellow pede.

i didn't complain when it was in games like Battlefield 4 because i could earn everything while playing , but BLOCKING content that can only be BOUGHT and not earned (or not earned at a decent pace (i.e having to play 500 hours to get one(1) thing)) from players is disgusting and you should feel bad.
i guess i can still play Squad now.

i'm think is OK for companies to exploit ocd dummies for money, they don't deserve that money in first place. Any sane person don't have time to play those stupid 'competitive games' that are just new versions of Card Games like Magic the Gathering and YUgi OH.

We already know the video game industry runs under the Democratic Party like the rest of the tech/entertainment industry so stop false flagging idiot. Lootbox merchants will be BTFO for marketing to minors and there's nothing you can do about it.

Meant to reply to OP

The whole game is sort of gambling. You just know ahead of time that you won't get any money.

>Adult men
>Actually worried about video games
You can't make this SHIT up.

I have lately realized that capitalism is just as kiked as communism. free markets are a wonderful economic tool but have the drawback of making money the sole god of a nation. the fix is quite simple really just embrace the third or another system of national capitalism that puts checks on how much businesses are allowed to scam or corrupt the people. a moral constitution that must be adhered to.

get out amerimutt.

Manchild spotted. Worrying about stupid virtual bullshit videogame economics while Achmed is burning your cities down...how French of you.

We haven't had free market capitalism in a long time. What we have is crony capitalism where the government dictates how companies operate and then blames "capitalism" when the bubbles pop to induce people to want even more government intrusion.

I haven't played an actual video game since 2013. Can someone tell me what lootboxes are, and how they are relevant? Are they like micro transactions or crates in TF2?

Nigger

Faggot

shut up amerimutt and get out , don't reply to this thread if you don't like it , if you reply you are the manchildren , mutt.

gambling for slightly better stuff or buying to progress thru the game, giving an advantage over anyone that doesn't pay.

lootcrates : blocks content until you pay for it or until you play 500/600 hours to get it and if you pay for it you have a random chance of having the item you would like , thus making it like gambling since you can spend hundreds of dollars to get what you want.

honestly only few AAA compagnies do that at the moment , but if you like Star Wars Battlefront 2 by DICE or modern shooters , don't bother coming back to games.

Tough luck, Jacques-Achmed, I'm here to stay just to bother IslamoMutt manchildren like you.

Amerimutts are retarded. They whine about being capitalist and free market while having a publicly funded military and an ISP situation where consumers sometimes only have 1 choice.

kek , fucking mutts i swear ...

That sounds pretty terrible, especially in games that you are already blowing $60 on. At least granstrats are only hampered by normal DLC.

>an ISP situation where consumers sometimes only have 1 choice
If someone owns the only broadband infrastructure, i.e. local cable company, in a city that is the natural state of affairs. Other ISP wants to complete? Lay fiber, build wireless network,...nobody is stopping them.

You can choose whatever ISP you want on dialup, just have fun at 56k.

if you look at the image I posted it makes the point that capitalism has no moral compass and is basically just a tool that can be put in the right or wrong hands. simply remove the factors that turn capitalism into corporatism like Jews, Marxists and a predatory federal government that works for itself instead of its citizens. free markets only work in homogeneous, and moral nations unified through philosophy and national identity.

true and i'll tell you what , take the example of the warranty on a product , lets take the example of computer parts :
in America you will buy your part and have a basic 6 months warranty and you will have the option to pay more for more warranty , making the overall price for a decent warranty much bigger.
in France you buy your part and have a basic 2 years warranty (sometimes 3 years) , you won't have the option to pay more but on some manufacturers website you can sign up for free and get your warranty extended to 5 years total.

the price of the parts between the two country won't change btw.

>play game
>get XP
>after x amount of XP get box
>box gives me free stuff that make my character look cool
>this makes normies reeeee
fuck off

Hahah at you, Jacques-Achmed.

Look at your worthless knowledge of useless virtual bullshit. You could be doing something useful like learning differential equations and shit, but instead choose to remain a soyed out, manchild numale.

Back in the day, you bought a fucking Super Mario cartridge and put it into the NES and played your fucking game. You owned the fucking thing for life, the whole game was there. Now you suckers get (((((((((bled)))))))) for every cent.

yet here you are , on new year's eve on Sup Forums , attacking people playing games.

sad.

>don't bother coming back to games.
Okay, nuff said.

>market unregulated gambling to children
>(you) will defend this

meanwhile, in reality:
>play game
>get XP
>after x amount of xp get box
>box gives you free stuff that makes your character look cool
>except you need a key to open the box
>keys $1.99 ea or 10 for $10

Pay to win is one thing, but the fact that so many people get butthurt about cosmetic loot boxes really makes me think the outage is driven by entitled kids upset other people have things they don't.

Classic WoW launch is the only victory against corporate video game companies.

>Gambling

Are capsule machines gambling? What about Happy meals? You're still getting something when you open a loot box, the fact that you don't like what you get isn't the developers fault.

>shut the fuck up about this topic I brought up for no reason
Holiday shill shift, everyone

capsule machines dont place one awesome prize amongst 600 crap prizes and act like you have a 50-50 chance of winning the one you want

Worst argument ever.

Costs money to make games. AAA titles might be a rip off and loot boxes are bullshit, but at the end of the day, a game has to pay for itself one way or another.

I figured out Overwatch was a broken game after about 3 days.

It will never be good until they fix the guaranteed 50% winrate bullshit.
Kids need to learn that you lose sometimes. None of this coddling nonsense.

capsule machines don't have infinite supply and they are not digital in nature
try again, schlomo

... you realize that if the game doesn’t push you towards 50% it’s matchmaking is broken, right? Only extreme outliers should have long term variances.

>You're still getting something when you open a loot box
It's like winning $1 off a $2 scratcher. It's nothing, but it looks like something to keep people going back for more without feeling like losers.

>pay $10 to get 10 Fortnite loot llamas
>9 llamas with no legendaries (basically then all garbage items you end up recycling)
>1 llama with a generic legendary survivor you dont need more of

being forced into a cyclic 50% W/L is exactly what people are extremely upset about tho
having MMR decline over time and the adjustments be smushed over a larger number of games is how you fix it, and still people are too fucking lazy to write what is basically a statistical delay into their fucking MMR calculations. Hell, most of them are just basing it on W/L rather than performance, which is also another big improvement nobody fucking cares about because they don't really care about the game they're coding for

Not a single fucking thought goes into the design of the MMR system and it seems like people that are FRESH OUT OF COLLEGE simply have never studied math because none of them is putting their fucking head on a piece of paper and running the fucking numbers for their MMR

If loot crates are bullshit or not, all depend on how they're worked into a game. If it's sheer pay-to-win requirement to buy in-game OP items, without any reasonable play-to-win option of actually grinding out in the game by someone that enjoys said game, it's bullshit. Yes that includes having complete trash rules like having to play ridiculous 5001+ hour requirements to get the said "needed to be much more awesome than others" item whatever that may be.
It's the same thing, they're insisting your pour money into a game to be one of the nerd-gods.

Cosmetic crates are fine. Anyone bitching about them are losers period. Laughable losers in fact. People like a game enough to spend some cash into it that go to the devs, that make them look unique, that's not just fine, that's kinda neat in fact.

>guaranteed 50% winrate bullshit

Algorithms aside, I don't play competitive games, just, solely, and only to sign on and have my ass constantly & always stomped by the top pimply Ultrafaggot Team Go online at that moment, that have "muh meta" figured out with their team of 12 other people on teamspeak, and have to worry every fucking match I ever play of a recreational game that winning or losing is going to come down to some member flinching a microsecond earlier or longer than he should of at the prime nanomoment of decision.

I'm not a fuggin' korean starcraft-olympics player looking to up my clickies per second, any more than I'm just jacking off while I idle in the match with my toe on the w key. I just want a decent, mostly-comp matchup as my form of Recreation, sir, with other people of roughly similar skill. Me getting curb stomped by organized teams, doesn't up my skill level on any sort of enhanced pace I would of attained otherwise, either. Playing with people obscenely less skilled than me is boring as well. In other words, I Want to be matched with people of similar skill level as me. That is far more fun.

Lootboxes is gambling and should be treated as such. And by that I mean it should be legal all ages.

Yeah it's exactly like loot boxes, except with no alternative way to acquire the items. In TF2 you could play the game and get the weapons, or trade with your freinds for cosmetics, which don't actually affect game play.

Modern loot boxes lock down trading, have significant game play advantages and have no alternative method to collect the rewards

Xoxo