Initial d

what does Sup Forums think of it? I just finished watching all the stages, the ending was very unsatisfying. The last couple of races where also very unsatisfying because he always seemed to win by luck. Was I the only one who thought this way?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p5MfFSyNv3A
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1152806
writeurl.com/publish/6lfgd503stvvazhep1fd
mega.co.nz/#F!EBEBACQL!X2veL1xFQf_GUPIwBh24wg
youtube.com/watch?v=mBpMx7HGb_0
youtube.com/watch?v=YgfoLSmWCSI
youtube.com/watch?v=zO8gBAJVwB4
youtube.com/watch?v=d4CL1lKGtNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=IovhjDgrltQ
youtube.com/watch?v=cTTghKkNnO0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You're not allowed to hate it because it has too much memes. Just like Jojo

Regards this is my first Initial D thread.

No, Fifth and Final Stages were garbage. The only redeeming thing was how he beat that little shit in the last race. Fuck that little crybaby.

MIKADO

> Anyone not running in the 90s

First two are probably where most of the hype comes from

DEJA VU

Would you rather be a Space Boy, Speedy Speed Boy, or a Speed Speed Lowver?
Speedy Speed Boy is the fastest, but Space boy has a gf and Speed Speed Lowver never uses a condom.

>Speedy Speed Boy
How is this even a question

ronery driver for ever

SPEEDY SPEED BOY
GASOLINE'S BURNIN

It was very underwhelming, God hand and God foot were much better stage ending races.
It would have been great if we had one last Keisuke vs Takumi as conclusion, the race didn't even have to end, it just would've ended on an higher note than "everything went back to normal now that I established myself as a legend"

That pissed me off to no end. I just assumed Bunta took a job to cover for his kid; nope the Fujiwara men are just slackers with no ambition.

Is Initial D better than Wangan Midnight?

op here, yeah exactly I'm 100% with you, but fourth stage was really frustrating in the way takumi wins the races.

10 minutes in the first legend movie I saw a comment saying there was no eurobeat. if true, what was even the point in making them?

Young Magazine anniversary project plus advertising a gay j-rock band.

SPEED OF THE NIGHT

Drift vs drag, whichever u prefer. Both have some romance subplots but neither of them make a really good job of properly handling it. Initial d at least has some humor bits and the soundtrack is awesome. When plays the same music over and over again.

Idk, i liked initial d better and there's a reason why it's more popular.

I'm surprised there are men of culture here

Is the Chinese movie any good? I heard it was decent, but that it changed a lot of characters.

youtube.com/watch?v=p5MfFSyNv3A
Best song coming through

4th stage is when the series started getting bad.
But overall it's a good franchise

I think 1st stage is one of the best TV anime series ever made. Everything about it works. I didn't even care about cars before watching it. And as simplistic as its 3D CGI is, at least it's rendered in full 24 fps (unlike in most of modern shows).

I'm more of a Speedy Runner myself.

It's the most non-canon thing ever. No eurobeat. Watch it if you're desperate to see the cars from the manga race in 3D, if you're not much of a car guy, don't bother.

Unless you like supercars and people talking about tuning their cars, it's not that thrilling. The manga should definitely get better somewhere later in the story after the anime. judging by how long and iconic it is, so if you're willing to commit and know Japanese you can try reading it. Anime is worth a watch if you really want more 90s racing, but you're probably not gonna get super impressed (not to say it's bad).

C O O L V I B R A T I O N S

Luck is a part of racing, but 3rd and 4th Stage try to hammer that point in your head obscenely. That being said, God Foot was one of the best races and I'm glad they gave Keisuke more screentime.

I've been listening to that song on repeat.

NIGHT OF FIRE

I translated the drama CD with the help of an user. I posted on a thread earlier but it died quickly so I'm reposting here.
Link to the Drama CD Audio:
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1152806
Link to the translation:
writeurl.com/publish/6lfgd503stvvazhep1fd

mega.co.nz/#F!EBEBACQL!X2veL1xFQf_GUPIwBh24wg

I just finished the fourth stage, are the fifth and the final stages worth it? Should I just leave the series at the fourth stage? I'm hesitant to watch them, because a bad or an underwhelming ending can ruin the whole series for me.

>Drivers who have graduated drifting are the fastest with grip driving! The 32’s "R" sign is the legendary symbol of invincibility!

Keisuke might as well have been the main protagonist of the fourth and fifth stages

Itsuki being cucked by Kasumi was pretty funny. I felt bad for Iketani but fuck that annoying piece of shit Itsuki

>Iketani
>tfw when you get cucked by Shinji "That car has wings" Inui

Would you consider the FUJIWARA ZONE an asspull?

DO YOU LIKE MY CAR?

My anger is redlining now.

Thanks.

Don't I still like the series but the final race was one of the worst races ever. The 86's engine blows out again just to beat a lame version of first stage Takumi

They are only worth it for eurobeat.

youtube.com/watch?v=mBpMx7HGb_0

No, but the way they handled it was hamfisted. Takumi is a natural driver and subconsciously processes things that others have to think about. He's also ultra-competitive and is lucky he didn't kill himself over street cred; he'll take risks no one ever should.

That doesn't mean he should fucking teleport though.

>I'm hesitant to watch them, because a bad or an underwhelming ending can ruin the whole series for me.
They're not THAT bad. It's worth to watch them at least once if you like the series. Most of the races are just forgettable and there's not much character stuff going on (that's probably why).

Yes I consider teleportation an asspull but after Prince of Tennis I couldn't bring myself to care. Honestly the blind attack spam was the worst. Luckily Keisuke was the real protagonist of the fifth stage and his races were still decent

I was reading it but I lost interest a bit after they dropped the new engine into the 86 since it lost the underdog appeal.

The final race is Takumi vs bootleg First Stage Takumi. His clone's backstory is awful too. His mom fell asleep while driving so his ten year old self had to drive the car. The clone is also autistic

Is New Initial D good?

Did you make it to the Cappuccino vs 86. race? Takumi was almost BTFO by a shitty car

He's just a Takumi that was raised by a single mom instead of a single dad.

>mfw attempting to visualize Takeshi drifting while this plays
youtube.com/watch?v=YgfoLSmWCSI

Except Bunta was actually a street racer and carefully planned out Takumi's progression while Shinji's mom was a retard who fell asleep while she was driving so her kid had to fucking drive. Also the reason Shinji was said to be good was because he stared at the road when he was a kid. Everything about the final stage poorly done

I didn't. It was I think after or before the second race of project D is where I stopped.

I was just talking about their personalities, not driving skills.

One of the few memorable races from the later stages
youtube.com/watch?v=zO8gBAJVwB4

SPACE BOI tier

Shinji is autistic while Takumi was a cool guy. It really sucks that the last race involved some kid who spilled his spaghetti in front of Mako and only raced to impress her

It's genetics more than anything; Shinji is Takumi if Bunta had died instead of his mother.

Third Stage was fine until half of it ended up being about the fucking whore who became irrelevant after it. The only time she was mentioned again was when Takumi started dating his genderbent golfing clone

But Takumi is also autistic, his friends even call him "spacey Takumi". He just has backbone.

Some people even made theories that they're actually brothers.

>tfw you expected Iketani to get good because there were 6 stages

Bunta never went pro while Shinji's dad was said to be a pro

I at least expected him to get with Mako. I'm still fucking mad.

>That ending
R.I.P Nakazato

I thought he would be an actual underdog that would become a great racer. That's also my biggest problem with everything after first stage, all the original characters get shafted, and even Takumi feels like an empty shell of his original self.

I liked all of the stages

Is that bad?

youtube.com/watch?v=d4CL1lKGtNQ

I expected Itsuki to disappear but he remained a constant presence which sucked. I hated when there were episodes that focused on him.

I enjoyed all of them to some extent, but that enjoyment was heavily riding on the eurobeat in the later stages. I actually liked Final Stage the best out of the last 3 stages.

Itsuki is probably a better driver than the rest of Akina Speed Stars by the end of the series.

First stage is fun, second is trash, third is good, everything left after that is trash. No one should watch anything beyond third.

Why the fuck are there people who hate Itsuki?

No but I thought Nakazato would make a comeback. He has a really good car too but after he jobbed against the emperors he became a cheerleader

Not them, but his seiyuu is fucking annoying.

I watched the dub, so he's great to me

>YO GUYS GET HYPED I ADDED A TURBO TO MY SHITTY CAR
Yeah no he started off terrible and ended the series as mediocre

whoops, meant to reply to

He's the comic relief but he sucks at it. Wait are you telling me people actually like him?

>all the original characters get shafted
Keisuke ended the series being a better racer than Takumi

Only because unlike Takumi he disregarded women for his dream

I'll take this mistaken reply as an opportunity to agree that the dub for initial d isn't all that bad

Honestly, I prefer it. The Japanese VAs are emotionless and bland and the sound quality was horrid in the first stage.

I never looked back.

I CAME UP FROM THE BOTTOM, AND INTO THE TOP
FOR THE FIRST TIME I FEEL ALIIIVEEE

Late stage Takumi still has it better than the Baribari Densetsu protag. Shigeno never had to kill off Keisuke because he got too interesting and Takumi got overshadowed.

IS YOUR PERSON TAKING A LIKING TO THE AUTOMOBILE IN MY POSSESSION?

I DO BELIEVE THAT YOU ARE PREPARED

Thank you, just listened to it. Just what I wanted from the later stages, more character interaction with races we can care about.
Racers….
DON’T NEED GIRLS!

>No
What do?

No problem! Glad you enjoyed it user. I am going to agree with you.It was fun to listen to.Those four are my favorite,their interactions are always nice.

TOGETHERRRRRRRRRR
FOREVERRRRRRRRRRR

I wish they played this every time Mogi appeared
youtube.com/watch?v=IovhjDgrltQ

kek

1>3>2>5>4

4 destroyed character, 5 attempted to bring it back but failed

youtube.com/watch?v=cTTghKkNnO0
This really misfires my system.

What about the recent movies user?

>TAKUMI SLOW DOWN YOU'RE GOING TO CRASH
I'm pretty sure this is when that was played

Well he went from passing out riding with Takumi to not passing out so that's an improvement.

And again for Nakazato vs. Keisuke.

Takumi himself almost passed out from riding with Iketani.

>Heh I'm going to steal your technique Takumi
>I spent a hundred on new tires
>Fuck I haven't increased my time at all
I felt bad for the poor guy

It is only good until the Third Stage. After that it becomes repetitive and boring. The only interesting thing later is the girl who likes Keisuke. Everything else is crap. The worst part is the arc about the girl Ryosuke liked.

>The worst part is the arc about the girl Ryosuke liked.
It gets way more hate than it deserves. At least it had some story behind it instead of the usual Project D stuff.