Why are comedy anime all so shit?

Everything is either slapstick or forced.

Sarcasm is virtually non-existent in nip humor.

If you think everything is shit, have you considered that it may be you who is shit?

As you post a character in a show filled with sarcasm.

Also pic related is funny.

sarcasm triggers my autism so im ok with that

Tsukkomi boke was a mistake

nip comedy is based on tsukkomi/joker+straight man, to show when it's Ok to laugh

not surprisingly then that nip comedy is garbage

>Haremshit

eww

>sarcasm
>funny
I bet you love Family Guy.

Yeah, there's very little actually funny anime, but I like anime that tries to be funny because the atmosphere is relaxing and non-serious.

It's much more cringy when anime tries to be really serious.

Stop watching scripted anime.

Nichijou was pretty damn funny, but it's probably just mine shit opinion

Anime is technically for minors.

So the humor is often for minors.

When it isn't, it is for autistic adults.

And when it isn't that, it is "You must be this Japanese to get the joke" and you're back to square one.

It's not a harem, MC only has eyes for Yamada.

It is. Nichijou is fun, but not funny.

Quick reminder that comedy is subjective, though slapstick is annoyingly overused in lots of comedy.

Sarcasm is just passive aggressive normie humor.

Funny series:
B Gata H Kei
Baka to Test
Hataraku Maou-sama
Hentai Ouji
Koe de Oshigoto
Kono Suba
Love Lab
Mitsudomoe
OniiAi
Sekai Seifuku
Yuru Yuri

Fumoffu isn't shit

Basically this, but Yondemasu Yo Azazel-san is genuinely funny. It's like a twisted western cartoon with an anime art-style.

>Kono Suba
>Funny series
please explain

>nip comedy is based on tsukkomi/joker+straight man, to show when it's Ok to laugh

Is that because they're so polite they don't want to accidentally laugh when they're not supposed to, since it would be rude?

I wonder how much people saw it before KF threads

I need more immature comedy, Stuff like Nichijou had me in stitches.

I actually laughed

It's not a harem, it's about the guy trying to fuck the girl in front

Japan sucks at subtlety. Just watch any of their live actions or some program/live show, they always act like they're trying way too hard to express certain emotions.

>Sarcasm is virtually non-existent in nip humor.
>post Konosuba

What is there to explain?

watch more anime you stupid fuck

>thinking sarcasm counts as comedy
Yeah I remember being 14. Pic related is from a real comedy series.

How the flying fuck do you consider this shit humorous? (or humerus)

Is more like that Asians can't act for shit.

>Picking Konosuba to shitpost when the guy listed the fucking ASUKA ASUZA show

>phoneposting, with a screenshot that shows an ad
You're right, that is hilarious.

The interactions and situations are funny, the way the cast manages to get into (and out) of trouble with their unique skillsets is funny.

Konosuba is the only comedy anime I've seen that had anything that I thought was remotely funny. There were like 2 decent jokes in there.

Most of the humor in Haruhi comes from Kyons dry sarcasm.

Off the top of my head.

sarcasm is the lowest form of wit

Japs can be funny when they want but you have to understand they're trying to cater to an age demograph with shit like anime so they go for low brow shit. That said though Manzai is fucking garbage and I will never understand the appeal of it.

Sarcasm requires a pretty in—depth understanding of the language, particularly intonation in our case at least.

It's a funny show.

Gintama in a nutshell

I think they have all kind of humor, the problem is that the execution sucks. For every potentially good joke/sittatuon you always have something that ruins it: boring, "forced" comments that are not funny 99% of the time, signs that explains the joke, someone yelling, etc.

so maybe you can post an actually funny scene as a proof?

situation*

watch more movies - there are huge differences in acting styles/techniques between jp films and jp tv drama

even with the same actor you'll see an enormous difference - watch a tv drama with hiroshi abe (like trick or kekkon dekinai otoko) and compare that to his performance in aruitemo aruitemo

Rude.

Surprisingly, k-on has a lot of funny moments.

for the same reason why you are a faggot

I don't think so, it doesn't have much slapstick or humour easily translated into pictures.
And it's been forever since I've seen it, I just went through my anime folder and thought "yeah this was a funny show".

Watch Naria girls OP.

>guys I really hate Japan btw have I told you how terrible it is to live in japan and how shitty everything they make is, oh and they have really bad taste and they all kill themselves and they should be culturally enriched
I don't even understand why you're here.

I've always found humor in Kirara anime to be more funny than actual comedies like Konosuba, D-Frag, etc. I still rarely actually laugh at them though, just chuckle.

Agree with those of yours that I've seen, but you missed out KKK and Sabagebu. And fuck the haters, Nichijou has me in tears laughing in places (the eraser gambit in particularly is one of the best realised brick jokes ever).

Your nip levels are not high enough to enjoy superior comedy, OP.

To discuss anime/manga

It's not funny. Cute gimmicks that make it enjoyable don't make you laugh.

wo r uqt?

To this day DMC is the only anime that I truly laughed, but it's probably because how much I could relate with the show.

Maybe that's you? I know I can find stuff funny but very rarely laugh out loud in general.

Sarcasm is one of the lowest forms of comedy.

I was surprised by how much K-on actually made me smile, but I think it's more about the feeling of familiarity.
I think that's what animu is good at, character-based humor.

You didn't like nichibros?
Or cromartie?
Get outta here.

Ixion Saga DT is an underrated and underappreciated comedy show. Try it Sup Forums.

It was okay

I know this is borderline shitposting wording, but both these shows felt like "omg so random and dumb XDD" while DMC felt real, it's easily relatable if you were a metal head or had a metal band at any point in your life, which is probably the target audience of the show.

say it with me boys

DUMB
U
M
B

as bad as konosuba desu

No u

>tfw laugh a lot while reading posts here
>most comedy anime makes me chuckle at best
I guess I'm too smart for humor with sound.

For me watching anime makes me happy while browsing any board on this cesspool fills me with disgust

>You will never be nip enough to enjoy good comedy anime

Konosuba is pretty funny, the first season at least.

Yeah having been in Metal bands and involved in my local Metal scene really made this show 100x funnier for me.

I...actually don't remember seeing any sarcasm in Konosuba, or any other anime for that matter.

Thinking about it, saying the opposite of what you mean in a specific annoying sounding tone of voice, doesn't seem like something that should exist in every language. Seems like it would just be a quirk in some of them. And maybe other languages use an entirely different tone to signal that they're bullshitting. Could be fascinating.

But yeah I don't think I've ever heard it in japanese. Good thing too, since it's not comedy, and really just an annoying teen thing in english.

From what I've heard, sarcasm is very rare in japan. It has to be VERy obvious that what you're saying isn't true and a joke.

>I...actually don't remember seeing any sarcasm in Konosuba
The title of the show is sarcastic

>japan has global autism

Are we going to have another "Why do Japanese suck at humor thread"?

The title's just silly, and contrary to the expected tone. I think for it to be sarcasm it has to be actually spoken.

> I think for it to be sarcasm it has to be actually spoken.

What gives you that (incorrect) impression?

Is it a Japanese thing, or is sarcasm less prevalent in other Asian countries as well?

Ok, I'll give them a go. Trailers looked interesting.

I mean, it's entirely mechanical. You say something you don't think is true, while at the same time unambiguously signaling that you don't think it's true.

The title on the other hand, sounds like something Aqua would actually say if asked to come up with a title for a log of their adventures. It's not sarcastic, it's just dumb.

after the storm from 2016 is another good kore-eda film starring hiroshi abe

Japanese culture expects you to smile and genki when you are miserable and tired. Their entire lives are sarcastic, so maybe they're just numb to it.

Are you memeing? I can already tell that it's shit by the artstyle

Kazuma sarcastically saying that Megumin is much prettier than Yunyun in S2?

They ruined the joke but it was sarcasm.

SZS made me laugh and smirk occasionally.

So did Yakitate Japan.

What the fuck are you talking about? The artstyle is lovely.

Comedy works largely by subverting expectations. You don't know enough of the language for puns to work on you, and you don't hold the same cultural knowledge. That basically leaves fart jokes, slapstick or sub culture jokes.

>You don't know enough of the language for puns to work on you
as if puns were ever funny

Because sarcasm is shit, literally everyone is using sarcasm nowadays thinking it's funny.

Because you're a faggot who hasn't seen Gintama yet.

>sarcasm
>funny

It has the low-budget early 2000s look

Art style isn't a reliable indicator of quality though so that guy needs to kill himself.

I rewatched it the other day and I don't think it looks cheap.

Because manzai and shit.