The great debate

The great debate

Anime: Mob
Manga: HxH

Not really a debate imo. Mob Psycho is good but HxH is one of the best shonen series of all time.

Will agree that the Mob anime adaptation has better pace/visuals because of its length and production. Both are good watches though.

The great debate is between HxH and One Piece, both series started at almost the same time, have insane writers with weird work ethics and they will be left unfinished.

apples and oranges

This.
What purpose does comparing them serve, OP?

Worst debate ever.
HxH wins in every category

1999 Hunter > Mob >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2011 Hunter

Yu yu hakusho B)

they scratch different itches. Mob is funnier, for sure, but that's because HxH is hardly trying for anything other than the occasional comic relief. On the other hand, HxH has much better world building, because that's a central focus.

At least in the realms where they both make an effort, HxH wins handily. Mob's attempts at a "serious battle" are only alright, and HxH has plenty of great fights. It's also got better art on average, with the rare chapter of shit that dips below Mob's usual mediocre sketches.

They've both got a surprisingly well-developed main cast, and can turn out the memorable or emotional line when it counts.

I dunno, I think they're both pretty good, but they also compete with eachother so little that I don't really understand the point of comparing them head-to-head. If I had to pick one it would be HxH without hesitation, but.

>Jump wants to convert YYH into a Dragon Ball rip-off
>Togashi throws a tantrum and intentionally ruins the entire final arc with no consequences whatsoever
Togashi is the original madman.

>it's another "jump editors are mean bullies who try to ruin a series" story
these things never actually have sources, do they?

It's common knowledge that Jump tried to force Togashi into creating a replacement cash cow after Dragon Ball died and the magazine was crashing without survivors.
Gonna search for the source.

I don't get it
YuYu ended a year before DB

>HxH is one of the best shonen series of all time.
Worse than the big 3 and Dragon Ball

What's the debate here? You're not really trying to say Mob is better than HxH, right?

Can it really be a great debate if it didn't even exist before this thread?

I mean, there was probably an argument or two about it in the past, but I've never seen these two compared before. MP100 is usually compared to ONE's other famous work and I can't recall Hunter x Hunter frequently being compared to another series.

It's shitposting, it doesn't need to make sense. OP is just a faggot that likes to shitpost about OPM and Mob

>HxH has much better world building

Huh? There was minimal to no world building before the dark continent expedition arc.

I always found Togashi's writing incredibly bland. I could never get into HxH and YYH only got watchabe thanks to the excellent script work of the localization team