Is time relative?

Is time relative?

maybe

Define time. Serious request.

If you adhere to the theory of general relativity...
Then yes time is relative..
>Nevertheless the consensus is that OP is a faggot, no matter the frame of reference the measurement is taken.

Subjectively, yes. Objectively? I'm not sure, but I don't think so. One year for a four-year-old is completely different than one year to a 30-year-old. But the vibrations of a cesium atom consistently correspond to other periodic events, such as the rotation of the Earth around the Sun, or the speed of light in a vacuum, and stuff like that. Happy New Year.

Verbose fag above me. Answer is yes, in all instances

time is relative to movement. All measurements of time are made relative to physical movement, and all time-keeping devices rely on oscillation of some kind.

That depends on your position of the matter.

/thread

Yes, but with exceptions.. Gravitational wells also can manipulate the so-called flow of time.

What would happen if you were on a train travelling at the speed of light then you turned on a torch, aiming it in your direction of travel, how fast would the light beam be going relative to an observer standing at the station as you pass ?

It would be going the speed of light, user.

It would disappear you fucking brainlette

And would the station based observer see the beam of light extend past the end of the torch ? considering the train is already going at the speed of light.

relative to you it would be going at the speed of light

relative to your observer, it would be going at the speed of light.

Are you referring to an African torch or European one?

What exception? ALL methods of measuring time are actually measurements of motion. ALL time measuring devices work on this principle, from the hourglass to the atomic clock.

Relativity is a Jewish trick

Nope.

Relativity is just a theory. For all we know time is constant and the speed of light varies.

Neither, the torch was made in China, like most things are these days.

yes.

The FLASHLIGHT would rocket backwards through the train at the speed of light destroying it.

The train is not accelerating, it's travelling at a constant velocity.

relativity is a jewish trick to deceive us from true aryan cubic time

ayy lmao

no its the same everywhere. for instance, it is 2018 everywhere in the universe right now.

>dumb nigger confirmed

relative to what?

The flashlight shoots out photons from the opening at the speed of light, making it accelerate towards the back of the train at an incredible rate, like a laser rocket.

but the flashlight is already moving at the speed of light. The speed of the photons relative to their source would still be the same. To an observer on the train platform would the light from the flashlight be moving at twice the speed of light?

ER = EPR
you fucking glow in the dark CIA nigger

yes delta t is observed time while travelling laterally at velocity u relative to a static observer who experiences time a delta t sub zero. c is the speed of light

kek'd cause im a physicist

are you bored?

I ask myself this question when I step on a bug or swat at a fly. To them, was my foot coming down in slow motion?

What isn't relative?
What does relative even mean?