Kemono Friends

Translation of the Animate interview
animatetimes.com/news/details.php?id=1488452395
Continuing from and > When did the trending sign appear? A look back from the anime getting green-lit to live broadcast

Reporter: Looking back at the time when anime was first announced till the point of actual airing. Anything really left an impression on you?

Kadokawa: The anime was announced on March-april of 2016 and that's when the game switched to a totally free to play model, which is when the visual project got announced.

Reporter: Thinking back to the broadcast date of January 2017, that notice was rather early.

Kadokawa: The actual announcement of TV anime came on July 2016. We held the "KemoFure Shop" and "Collab Cafe" at Akihabara to encourage the fans. That's when the official merchandises were first sold.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Purin_a_La_Mode/status/846576316711239681
youtube.com/watch?v=uAhCP6sVDZU
youtube.com/watch?v=fD4I5OwNonI
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm30886604
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reporter: How did the KemoFure get received?

Kadokawa: Dedicated fans came far and wide to frequent the shop, and we are very grateful for that. The Kemono Friend community is very kind and warm. It is thanks to their nonstop support that we have been able to continue until this point. We've been told of "stupid admin" "we can't help it because there's Serval though". (laughs)

Reporter: Were the people kind to everyone because the subject's about animals?

Kadokawa: And when we resumed the KemoFure shop two months later for the Penguin's debut, leaking info bit by bit. It felt as if that I was really stingy with the new info, but there's so few people involved, and besides, this isn't my main line of work.

Reporter: Of course not. The Editor in chief couldn't be so unoccupied at that (laughs)

Kadokawa: But I do love "Kemono Friends" personally. So I'd like to see it continue, if only just through doing things little by little. We wanted to show that we are continuing the project through showing new characters. In November 2016 we released the anime preview video, and by end of November we announced the cast. Criticism of how the "game cast and anime cast are different" came up at the time, but as we've said before, we have our reasons for that, we we had to soldier up quietly as such.

Reporter: You were prepping for the anime airing at the time, so it must have been hard, trying to trickle information down bit by bit. What was the public response at the time?

Kadokawa: Still, the number of Twitters that we got were just at 5000 to 6000. There weren't much growth from the time when the game's live. Not only that, we started to get the dismissive comments such as that "this weird work's coming out when the game's already closed shop", and we were getting noticed negatively.

Yaoyorozu: Normally you'd think that you are broadcasting the anime in order to promote for the game, which is a misconception that we woudln't be able to clear no matter how hard we try to explain. Moreover, the anime's advanced viewing as December 14th, which was just when the game service had ended. We didn't plan this out. It's sheer coincidence.

Kadokawa: Yep! Although people really tried to spin it that way even if were sheer coincidence.

Honey badger

> Criticism of how the "game cast and anime cast are different" came up at the time, but as we've said before, we have our reasons for that, we we had to soldier up quietly as such.
And now we know why.

Why?

Because the anime Friends are from a different generation. Mirei's Serval has her game VA.

How many times are we going to post this translation? Might as well put it in a damn pastebin at this rate

Alright I'm finished. Should I post it right away or do you want it done in order?

Just woke up to a mama bear friend and her two cubs rummaging through the birdfeeder in my yard. It was cool until they started making bear noises and I remembered that I still have to walk a ways through my neighborhood at night when I'm petsitting. I'm also gonna have to write up an email to tell everyone else we have bears in the neighborhood, which is a pain in the ass. I think they knocked over my birdfeeder and they crushed a section of my fence as well, bear friends aren't very thoughtful, are they?

If you do it in order you can keep the thread going for a while. Although you should probably wait until the other one dies first.

Why is the manga so gay?

Made by different artists, basically fanwork

5 MINUTES

Watch out for kuma shock.

>5 minutes

Why is the anime so gay?

Can't spell Margay without gay

>the game will never be revived
>the closure of the game is equal to the evacuation of the park

Nothing is safe from these autists

twitter.com/Purin_a_La_Mode/status/846576316711239681
Poor arai

The section I did was pretty short and it's getting late, so I think I'll post it now. It's not much of a closing segment, just more info so hopefully it's not too out of place, although they do mention the guidebook which the previous section talks about.

Please for the love of God do not link to Sup Forums under any circumstances

Interviewer: The people who watch the show have taken to calling each other "Friends", who decided on that name?

Kadokawa: I'm pretty sure it was the fans who started that, I don't think we were involved in any way

Yaoyorozu: What name were they using when the game was still around?

Kadokawa: The game community ended up going with "Park Directors", but for some reason on the internet they refered to themselves as "Ojisan". On Twitter it was something like "Japari Parkers" I think.

Yaoyorozu: And now they've all become "Friends"

Interviewer: So you didn't decide on that name?

Kadokawa: We didn't, on the contrary we thought it would be nice if they could all be "Zookeepers", but apparently no one else did

(laughter)

Kadokawa:That's how it goes. As sponsors all we should do is put our love into production and try our hardest to do a good job. After that it's up to the fans to enjoy it however they want to.

Yaoyorozu:The only thing we actively encouraged was the Twitter hashtag by saying "Please use #KemonoFriends" (laughing)

Kadokawa:Because of the character restriction, some were using #KemoFure, but after the anime took off a lot of different hashtags came into use and there were calls for consolidation, so we decided to go with the full name.

Yaoyorozu:That's right. Besides that we didn't arrange anything else.

Kadokawa:It was the same with deciding to package the blu-ray with the guidebook. We wanted to offer it in a form that the fans would enjoy the most. When fans of the Seiyu said they'd like to participate in an event, we set up a special one for them, so hopefully they'll enjoy that. For the people who are awaiting the goods, I think they should be available soon, so please wait just a little longer. At the moment our hands are full frantically going over things with the supervising director of the anime.

Both:We'll continue to work hard on Kemono Friends, so your continued support is appreciated.

youtube.com/watch?v=uAhCP6sVDZU
1:02 holy jesus that toki butt

I read the first post and it was from fucking Rense of all things. There's no rock bottom for Sup Forumslacks' gullibility.

Well, if the zoo as a legal entity has dissolved, then it's pointless to call each others Zookeepers or Park Rangers.

youtube.com/watch?v=fD4I5OwNonI

WILD RELEASE

When the park is closed and everyone left, all thats left are the Friends.

It would make sense for fans to be called Friends.

If Season 1 is about Man discovering who she really is, then Season 2 is about Kaban forming a Friends Civilization.

Isn't it a great thing that this show is 3DCG so the fanmade videos like this and the lewder kind look identical to canon material?

In response to the user who drew the sketch last thread, I also did my first drawing of a Kemono Friend.

I swear I'm not a professional artist.

>5 minutes until this picture becomes obsolete forever

Oh wow, the GSC nendo actually look worse than the anime CG. The headsize proportion is just terrible. I wish they make a Deka Bossu like Neko-arc.

The prototype looked fine.

Possible.
After all, they had already done things that humans did as a civilisation.

Give Kaban enough time, and she'll make Japari Park a civilisation.

>Episode 10
>crying Serval
>Episode 11
>courageous Kaban

What's the lasting image that the series will end on? My guess is something like pic related

You can still use it in ironic depression posts.

Even the prototype looked awful. It looked like exactly what it was, a rush job thrown together to make as much yen as possible before the fad is over.

Why did everyone forget sand cat? Sand cat was cute.

>It looked like exactly what it was
A fucking Nendoroid. They have large heads.

There's going to be a figma too.

Looks like they decided to keep game proportions for some reason

IRL sandcat is cute af as well.

I didn't forget her in the sense that I want a very lewd threesome with her and Serval.

The proportions on the Nendoroid prototype shown at AnimeJapan were very unpolished. The eyes needed to be adjusted and resized, body was very stiff and needed refinement. Even the cheeks need resculpting.

How do you forget her?
You hear her sing at the end of every ep.

It's almost as if it was a hastily thrown together prototype, and not the final product.

Lewd wolf.

Best girl

I really love Kemono Friends. I can't believe it's going to end soon. I'm going to be so sad when it ends.

Lets do it!

>watch livestream since there's only five minutes left
>silly jap show about gohan and wakaran is on
So when is the episode for real?

Extra symbols

I can't believe Kaban is fucking dead.

>x for multiplication instead of •

But it's not ending. S2 will be just around the corner.

Revolver Serval (Revolver Serval)

Can't be assed to make anything new

oh baby

Can't wait.

Not sure if tanoshii.

Why is this anime so popular?
The animation is garbage.

Thanks for the translation. I wonder where the original translator went.

Currently installing Mass Effect Andromeda, gonna make my character look as close to Kaban as possible and kick ass and make Friends in the Andromeda Galaxy.

See, Ceruleans just need UNDERSTANDING.
Big Dog will turn into a bag and all will be fine.

Instead of replying to that guy post your rarest pictures

I gotta wait until October for it???

nicovideo.jp/watch/sm30886604

>The animation is garbage.
Maybe something else is good?

I want to rape Shoebill.

Really gets my noggin joggin....

I am still waiting for a laughing sluts edit so that I can post them at this kind of situation

Shoebill isn't angry, her hair just makes her look like that.

>Mass Effect Andromeda
Are the horror stories about it true?

You post this one more time and I ban you.

But that can't be! Only KyoAni animation makes the best animes.

Why did KF revive so many old memes?

You are everything what's wrong with the gaming audiance.

>tfw KF looks better than ME:A
Yes

Well the game has some obvious flaws, but little things like this: in Mass Effect 1, the marines on the Normandy come to attention and salute you. But in Andro, on your ship, the guards do nothing or even worse, start squatting and staring at the floor. The game is full of little bullshit like this that just irks me every time I see it.

Is there a Honey Badger in this? I'd imagine she would be a bullying type.

Rarest version of this meme

The game is fun, and the environments are gorgeous.
The characters, however...

Which is better? 1 or 2?

Am I supposed to use this manually or what?

>Mass Effect Andromeda
please tell me you at least pirated it